Tips are now added to your final payment? is this correct?

then wouldn't it be easier to just apply the cash to your on board account instead of taking it off and putting the cash in envelopes? just curious because I have heard several people say they do this and I just can't understand how it is better. seems to me it would take longer to have guest services remove them than it would to have guest services apply a credit. if you want to add extra to the envelope its easily done.
I look at it this way, cruise lines want you to pay tips so employees get 'paid'. either we do it this way or they up the cost of a cruise and you pay it anyways. some of the lines are already doing that. i'm sure the cruise line knows who leaves tips and who doesn't. you can say I paid in cash but the person would know if they got a tip from you or not and i'm sure its probably reported and recorded somewhere.
NOT looking for a debate or to get flamed, just sayin......

Not saying what would be easier or harder, just stating that maybe that particular poster may want to give the CMs actual cash in hand. People used to do it all the time so I am sure there are still some who want this option.:goodvibes

Maybe you shouldn't cruise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Do you really think that was was a "helpful" response?

I don't like this tipping program either. Just got off the Dream today. Late last night I realize that I had double tipped everyone because I was not clear that the tips were added to my bill. The couple we were dining with pointed out the change. I then had to do get in line with 30 other people at guest services to have them remove the tipping charges. I, like others here, enjoy passing out the tips in cash to each person. The new program is very confusing to many people (30 people in line to fix it at guest services). I don't have a problem having it on my bill and see that it benefits the employees as sadly, there are many people that don't tip. I just think they need to clarify the changes on the tip envelopes themselves.

Do you really think that was was a "helpful" response?

Considering the fact that poster had a problem with tipping, NOT with the "change", I sure do. I feel that if you don't want to tip, then cruising may not be for you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When we were there last March, we asked our stateroom hostess if she had any preference on how she get her tips (cash, or charge) She said she prefers cash, because she gets it right away. It takes few days to process the charged tips. So we reversed the room charge and gave her the cash, she was really, really appreciative. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter