Tipping while on the dining plan

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by nikkyluvsmickey, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom2my3kids

mom2my3kids Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

There are peoples mindset you are not going to change PERIOD..But that is where the good tippers come in :goodvibes And trust me us servers remember everything..;) I am very good at remembering peoples faces and tips..

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lizzi6692

lizzi6692 DIS Veteran

But you are paying her to bring it to you. Whether it's rolled into the cost or via a tip. Either way you're paying her wages. Just like you're paying the cook's wages that are already part of the cost of your meal.

4. nikkyluvsmickey

nikkyluvsmickey DIS Veteran

I waited tables for years and was a bartender they are not that difficult of jobs...yes they can be stressful dealing with the public and it is a lot of walking back and forth but not really worth 20 bucks or more an hour they get if u factor in tips.

5. mom2my3kids

mom2my3kids Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

6. nikkyluvsmickey

nikkyluvsmickey DIS Veteran

7. icc2515

icc2515 Mouseketeer

100% correct. I see nothing wrong with leaving more than 20% for great service. If I sit down at a table and order a pop and an appetizer then get a couple of refills on the pop I have taken just as much of that persons time as a guest that has ordered a full meal. So, if the service was good, I would leave $10 on a $20 ticket.

I think everyone else misunderstood you. That's what you were talking about, right? :confused3 ;)

8. icc2515

icc2515 Mouseketeer

Deleted

9. markmcalear

markmcalear Mouseketeer

I dont think it has anything to do with my ability to afford to tip. By average hourly wage I meant the average that people earn in an hour. Here for example the average wage is about £22k per year and most people work about 35 hours per week which equates to a little over £12 per hour.

My family and I regularly eat out and our bill is roughly £150, by your reasoning I would tip almost £30 which is more than double the average hourly wage. Again, madness!!!

10. markmcalear

markmcalear Mouseketeer

I think the main point here is that how waiting staff in USA are paid is massively flawed and is wildly different to many other parts of the world

11. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

This thread is closed and referred to the Restaurant Board's Tipping Information Thread for information on the policy regarding tipping/gratuity discussion on the Restaurant boards.

First post has all the info.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.