Tipping when using Breakfast vouchers

Iheoma

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what is the general consensus about tipping when using breakfast vouchers for a buffet? I did a search and found info about VKL vouchers but not breakfast. There really isn't any reason for buying anything additional so the bill is pretty much set so there really isn't anyway for the waiter/waitress to get more than the small amount figured in. Soooooo do people just add a couple more dollars based on service only or is there some "formula" people use to figure things out. I really hate to see people not tip appropriately. The other night at Joe's Crab Shack we were next to a table that was horribly demanding to their waitress and then didn't give her any tip. I heard them say that "gratituty is already added". IMHO I think that if you ask for a bunch of stuff and are generally difficult, it wouldn't be so hard to add a couple of bucks to the 15% ..... I digress. Just wanting some opinions.

Iheoma

Tax and tip is included in the vouchers for bkft (actually it is included in all three). We used the bkft vouchers twice on our 2002 trip and didn't leave additional tip either time. I don't think we were cheap, lol, it was just buffets and the CM didn't really have to do much other than refill our drinks. We split the q & c vouchers at Beaches & Cream and then left extra tip but even then our waitress told us she would get 15% of the actual cost of our meal not just 15% of the voucher cost. She made it sound like it was a good deal for the CM's as well as the customers. Anyway, back to your original question, I don't think any add'l tip is necessary for bkft unless you feel the CM goes above and beyond then tip an additional 5-10% of what the meal would cost w/o vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter