Tipping the Bellman

figaromeetsmarie

DIS Veteran
How much is adequate for tipping the bellman?? If our room's not ready when we check in we are going to have them hold the luggage for us so do we tip when we drop the luggage off and then again when it's brought to our room??

You tip $1 per bag only when dropping off at the room and packing into the car.

Ditto - I've never left a tip when leaving them with Bell Services. Only when they bring them to the room, or to the vehicle.

LOVE your sig pics figaromeetsmarie!! I just met Marie in Epcot 2 weeks ago for the 1st time - I was soooo excited!

We tip $1.00-$2.00/bag both when we drop them off and again when we get them back. Anytime someone touches our bags they get a tip. I thought this was customary. Is it not?:confused3

It is customary to tip the guy who hauls all the stuff out of your car, puts it on a cart, wheels it off to storage, takes it all off and puts it on the shelves. That doesn't mean that everyone does it or that everyone needs to do it, but a lot of folks do.

Then you tip the guy who hauls it off the shelves, puts it on the cart and brings it to your room.

$1-2 a bag is customary.

You also tip the valet guy.

And you tip housekeeping.

And waitresses.

And bartenders.

There is a lot of tipping involved with traveling, lol.

Thanks everyone! I plan on tipping the guy/girl who puts my stuff in storage (if we need it) and then tip them when they bring them to our room. Makes sense to me. We are leaving tomorrow!! :yay:

We've never seen Marie at Disney before! Was she in France??

YES!! We saw her there both days we were in Epcot. I was so excited!

IMG_4586.jpg

1) Tip the guy/gal whenever the bag is touched.
2) Customary is $1 per bag.

We tip everyone who handles our bags. The bellman who takes the bags out of the car, the next bellmen who takes our bags to our room, the bellman who takes our bags from our room to the car/storage and if they are put in storage than we tip that bellman who retrieves our bags as well.

If you mean Magical Express, Disney covers the tip in the cost of the service for luggage delivery TO your room, but not FROM your room at the end of your trip. ME is free to you, but Disney pays for the shuttle and luggage service.

What I meant in my post was...if we arrive(we drive) and the room isn't ready yet..will the luggage be in the room waiting for us that night or will they not deliver it until we are in the room? I was asking this because I wondered how you could tip the bellman that brings it to your room if you weren't in the room?! LOL

What I meant in my post was...if we arrive(we drive) and the room isn't ready yet..will the luggage be in the room waiting for us that night or will they not deliver it until we are in the room? I was asking this because I wondered how you could tip the bellman that brings it to your room if you weren't in the room?! LOL

If your room is not ready upon your arrival, your luggage will be put into storage. Once your room is ready, you will have to call bell services and have them bring your luggage to your room. You will need to be in your room at that time. They will not deliver your luggage without you there. I think the only time that is done is if you are taking ME.

If your room is not ready upon your arrival, your luggage will be put into storage. Once your room is ready, you will have to call bell services and have them bring your luggage to your room. You will need to be in your room at that time. They will not deliver your luggage without you there. I think the only time that is done is if you are taking ME.

Thanks!

We tip $1.00-$2.00/bag both when we drop them off and again when we get them back. Anytime someone touches our bags they get a tip. I thought this was customary. Is it not?:confused3

That's what we do too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter