1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Tipping on a four night cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ECH37, Jun 14, 2013.

1. ECH37

ECH37 Earning My Ears

Hey everyone,

Just trying to figure out what the total amount if tip money needed for my wife and I to bring on our four night cruise next week? I know Disney has a set amount for tipping billed to your account and we are trying to pay only in cash this trip so we need to figure the totals.

Thanks everyone!

2. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

$12.00 per day per person ! $48.00 x 2 =$96.00. Bring extra for room service & if you order drinks you tip an automatic 15% . We always bring extra cash and add extra to the tip envelope at the end as our service is always the best ...guess we try and compensate for those that don't tip at all . I also give candy and treats along with my tips and they are greatly appreciated !
    Enjoy your cruise ...

3. miker1251

miker1251 If you can dream it, you can do it.

The Disney Line Cruise Blog has a calculator , making it easy to figure out tips for each position.It can be found at http://disneycruiselineblog.com/tip-calculator. Disney's suggested tips per person per cruise, not per night (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/onboard-services/gratuities/). That is why there is a difference in the amounts of the various cruises. As a side note, I have always been extremely pleased with the staff that served us and have tipped extra, as well as giving a little gift.

4. ECH37

ECH37 Earning My Ears

Thank you both!

My wife and I are in the process of closing on our first home so we are being careful on anything we spend and keeping all credit under lock haha