Tipping, Not How Much, How and When

Disney1992

Mouseketeer
We will be starting our first ABD next weekend, Backstage Magic. I'm OK with the tipping amount, but I'm unsure on how and when you tip. Is it like a cruise where you get envelopes near the end of the trip? Should I bring notecards and place the tips in them. Do we give the tips at the last group dinner, breakfast before we leave? There's probably no wrong way to do it, but I'd figure I asked to see what others have done.

Next week can't get here quick enough. Not only is it our first ABD, it's also our first trip to CA.

Thank You!

On the first day of your trip you receive a "storybook" that has the daily itinerary. The tip envelopes are stapled inside the back cover of the storybook. You can put your tips in the envelope, or bring your own card if you like. I know some people like to bring their own for a more personal touch, but I've never seen anyone on our trips who did. I've always given the guides their tips at the farewell dinner, and I've noticed others doing the same, but I'm not sure if everyone does. For us, a big hug always accompanies the tip. You'll probably be surprised how attached you'll become to your guides.

I hate the tip envelopes, so I bring note cards with me, I like writting a little note to the guides and it is more personal that way. On my three trips most people gave the guides the envelopes at the end of the farewell dinner. While you will see the guides the last morning before you leave it is a bit hectic getting ready to leave, it is just easier to give the envelope at the farewell dinner

This year was the first year I remembered to bring Thank You cards, and I really like doing it that way vs using the envelopes. I just found it more personal. I've always given them to the Guides at the end of the Farewell Dinner. It just seemed appropriate. And as Bobo912 says, it's always accompanied by a huge hug. They totally deserve every dime of it and more!

Have a FABULOUS TRIP!!!!! :cool1:

Sayhello

I hate the tip envelopes, so I bring note cards with me, I like writting a little note to the guides and it is more personal that way. On my three trips most people gave the guides the envelopes at the end of the farewell dinner. While you will see the guides the last morning before you leave it is a bit hectic getting ready to leave, it is just easier to give the envelope at the farewell dinner

We do this too- but with a twist: we bring note cards that show some fauna or landscape from our area. It was fun in Africa to give our guides who had never been to the States a card with animals as unusual to them as an elephant is to us! I always write something personal about a specific time when the guides assistance or knowledge really made our trip special.

Thanks everyone! It looks like the last dinner is the way to go. I'll bring notecards along just in case we want to be a little more personal in our "thanks".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter