Tipping Mousekeeping?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by shortie4615, Oct 11, 2008.

1. shortie4615

shortie4615 Earning My Ears

How much do you tip per night for mousekeeping? I'm staying at POR and I wanted to set aside the $ before I leave. Thanks for the help!! :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. catne

catne DIS Veteran

$1 per person in the room per night. An extra bit at the end of the stay if they've done a really good job.

4. orangecats2

orangecats2 All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

I had originally planned $2 per day since it was just me and my DH at Sports but he said it should be $3 per day. Well we did that the first day but since she gave us a towel animal and did some cute things he said it should be $4 per day so that is what it was until the last day. On saturday we came back and could just tell that it was a different mousekeeper so on the last day we left her a little less since she hadn't been our "regular" all week.

5. kimsuenew

kimsuenew DIS Veteran

We actually did $5.00 a night (there are three of us).

6. luvmikids

luvmikids DIS Veteran

We do $1 per person per day, envelopes are pre-printed and already stuffed:thumbsup2

7. Brise Nannie

Brise Nannie Wishing my next trip to WDW was tomorrow!

In the past we've made up pre-printed envelopes too and had them stuffed before we leave. This year I totally forgot about doing that. Better get started...have 55 days to go! We leave $3 per day and there are 2 of us and we keep our room pretty neat/clean.

8. griz_fan

griz_fan Earning My Ears

So when you say the envelopes are pre-printed, what do you have printed on them? I like the idea of having that ready ahead of time, one less thing to worry about while enjoying our trip.

thanks!

9. marymal99

marymal99 Disney World here we come!

We print MOUSKEEPING in the Disney font and then we each decorate a couple of envelopes with stickers, My daughter uses princess stickers Me and My son like Mickey stickers
    :wizard:

10. sm04

sm04 Mouseketeer

Here are a few you can print out..

http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/mousekeeping.shtml

Also, if you check the Disigner thread, many talented people have come up with some great ones that you can print out. Here is a link to some by disney_michelle

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/disney_michelle/mousekeeping envelopes/

Hope that helps! :)

11. luvmikids

luvmikids DIS Veteran

we, too, used mouse for less site and printed a cute scene of all the characters and their is a line that says Thank you from the _______ and just put you name on it. Can't wait you guys, we have 8 more days until we load the car and make our way down to the airport!!!!! EEEEEEE I can't stand it!:cheer2:

12. Big_Al_316

Big_Al_316 Earning My Ears

Great idea. We will make these up ahead

13. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

we leave $5 per day for the 2 of us

14. LoriZH

LoriZH <font color=CC66CC>The GooGoo Dolls rock!!!!<br><f

5 of us or 2 of us we do $5 per day....I highly suggest the envelopes because they're so cute and personable. I had my kids make their own one time, but usually we just leave the cash on the pillow :) HAVE FUN on your trip!!

15. wezee

wezee Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams abou

We always make up envelopes ahead of time....so easy just to grab one out of the luggage evey morning. For DH and I we always leave $5. Our great mousekeeper this year made me an addorable puppy dog towel animal, so she got extra the next day!:thumbsup2