Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just told yesterday that the party of 6 with an infant isn't included in the automatic tip. I am not sure that is correct or if there is a policy change.

Told by who? Unless it was your waitress/waiter at the restaurant, don't believe them.

I plan to bring gift cards to cover the tips, but I was reading on here and got to wondering; those of you that pay the tip via gift card what do you do with the gift cards when you get just a couple dollars left on them? Can you pay with two gift cards using the balance left of one?

I plan to bring gift cards to cover the tips, but I was reading on here and got to wondering; those of you that pay the tip via gift card what do you do with the gift cards when you get just a couple dollars left on them? Can you pay with two gift cards using the balance left of one?

You can pay with however many gift cards you want

Does the price of the dinner shows include tips? We would leave extra if that was the case. Just curious because I saw that when you use DDP for the dinner show, tips are included

So now I am confused im not american and didnt know tipping would be such a huge thing, like i knew in the states in general its important due to low wages but i didnt know that would be reflected at resorts. So my question(s) people are talking about using gift cards and credit cards, how are you supposed to tip what to servers prefer? can you just leave some cash on the table? It sounds from some of the comments that your bill will give the suggested tip amount, is this correct? or do i have to calculate it in which case what perctage? this tipping stuff is stressing me out

So now I am confused im not american and didnt know tipping would be such a huge thing, like i knew in the states in general its important due to low wages but i didnt know that would be reflected at resorts. So my question(s) people are talking about using gift cards and credit cards, how are you supposed to tip what to servers prefer? can you just leave some cash on the table? It sounds from some of the comments that your bill will give the suggested tip amount, is this correct? or do i have to calculate it in which case what perctage? this tipping stuff is stressing me out

Don't stress yourself out about it! It's ok. Yes, there will be suggested tip amounts on the bottom of the receipt so no calculations needed. You can use whatever you want to pay the tip...cash, credit card or gift card...servers don't care how it's paid as long as it is.
Relax, enjoy your vacation :)

Don't stress yourself out about it! It's ok. Yes, there will be suggested tip amounts on the bottom of the receipt so no calculations needed. You can use whatever you want to pay the tip...cash, credit card or gift card...servers don't care how it's paid as long as it is.
Relax, enjoy your vacation :)

Will the suggested amount be on there if I have free dining? I'm probably not going to be keeping track of the cost of meals because of the free ddp but I still want to tip fairly! Thanks!

Will the suggested amount be on there if I have free dining? I'm probably not going to be keeping track of the cost of meals because of the free ddp but I still want to tip fairly! Thanks!

You will still get a receipt that will have the total on it as well as the suggested grat amount.

It's hard to explain but think of WDW having different departments. Disney Resorts gave you free dining however you still need to "pay" Disney Restaurants with your dining credits. Until you sign a receipt on the signature line your transaction isn't completed.

You will still get a receipt that will have the total on it as well as the suggested grat amount.

It's hard to explain but think of WDW having different departments. Disney Resorts gave you free dining however you still need to "pay" Disney Restaurants with your dining credits. Until you sign a receipt on the signature line your transaction isn't completed.

Perfect, thanks!

This may have been answered so forgive me - we are a party of 6 and we will be on the plus dining plan. Am I correct that when we get the check it will have the amount PLUS the 18% and therefore the only amount we will need to pay out of pocked is the 18%? And how do you pay for dining, do they scan your bracelets? This is all new to me, last time we all went and were on a dining plan was 5 years ago and we used our key card. Thanks in advance!

When you get your check it will have the auto grat added on. You will have your band scanned and if you have a credit card attached the grat and anything you ordered not covered by the dining plan will be charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter