Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Pumbaa_, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

yes they are

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandy321

Sandy321 <font color=darkorchid>Crazy enough to want to do

we ate at Cape May Buffet - it was a DIS Meet!! and we had 1 on a TIW card, 3 of us on DDP - 2 cash, 1 credit card - we knew right away since we were disboard members - to let our server know in advance seperate checks, and would that be a problem? No problem - when our checks came the 18% was added to each check!! :thumbsup2

4. Newfycanuck

Newfycanuck Earning My Ears

I read on another forum ( which also had a picture of the Pepper Markets posted rules regarding the Meal Plan ) that for 2010 the 10% service charge and tips are no longer included.
    You can however still avoid these charges by getting your order to go and eating your meal outside or back in your room.

5. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

Ok my questions is if we use our AP discount (not the TIW card) for lunch at one of the participating Epcot TS places (thinking Biergarden) is gratuity automatically included? We would be party of 2 so the 6 or more rule would not apply either.

Thanks

6. E-Stop

E-Stop The Last Alweg Pilot and Killer of Threads

What is current tax rate for dining? Thanks.

7. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon Moderator

The tax rate at virtually every TS location is 6.5%, but tipping is based on the pre-tax amount. :goodvibes

8. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Shows what I know. I thought for sure Tricia1972's response was going to be "this thread is for discussing tipping only; please start a new thread with tax questions" :umbrella:;)

9. ratherbeindisney

ratherbeindisney Mouseketeer

If I have a gift card for a restaurant (ie Rainforest Cafe at DTD)after paying for the meal with the GC can I use the balance on the giftcard to pay the tip?? I always wondered about this at any restaurant.

10. Tricia1972

You can, but you may need to present it when paying the original bill.

For example the bill is $100.00. You want to add $xx.xx to the total for tip. Ask them to take $1xx.xx out of the gift card to pay the bill.

11. Sammy

Sammy DIS Veteran

We will be using our TIW card for our trip....party of 8. Will the automatic 18% on the receipt be calculated on the total before or after the 20%discount?

12. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Before - that's the whole point of the change :)

13. Missyma919

Missyma919 Mouseketeer

There will be 7 of us. 2 different familes, 2 different dining plan cards. If we choose to have a meal all togther and make ADR's for 7. How will this work with the automatic tip? Whose bill does it go on? We are a family of 5 and have never encounted the automatic gratuity.

14. Tricia1972

You will receive two bills. Your bill will be for the 5 in your family, and the automatic gratuity will be based upon the total food cost of your bill.

The second family will receive a bill for the two of them. Their automatic gratuity will be based upon the total food cost of their bill.

This is how it works for everyone, regardless on how you are paying for the bill. Hope this helps :goodvibes

(I moved the tipping question out of your original thread, so we didn't have to close that thread. The Sci-Fi Cars question is still in the original thread that you posted)

15. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

OK, here it is.

Last August we were on Free Dining Plan, but also always ordered extras (wine, drinks, appetizer) and used TiW card for the discount on those.

Leaving the tip was always confusing cause when they brought the first check out, the "suggested" tip was on the total amount including the "extra" stuff. I knew the tip would be added automatically on the TiW stuff, so didn't want to leave the full amount suggested.

So then, on the initial bill, I didn't put anything, handed them all my cards, and when they brought the DDP bill and the TiW bill separate, the DDP bill was already 0.00 out no longer with a suggested tip for DDP items only, and then I had to sit there and figure how much extra tip to add to the bill to close everything out.

If we do free dining again this fall, I'd like to avoid that by asking for separate checks with the DDP stuff on one check and the TiW stuff on a separate check, so I can just write down their "suggested" amount on the DDP check and then the TiW stuff will be handled automatically.

Is this possible??

It all goes on our KTTW card anyway.

We do mostly signature restaurants, so I just don't want to look really crass, adding and subtracting stuff on a piece of paper to figure out the tip!!

16. disneyfreak7

disneyfreak7 DIS Veteran

Any more info on this? We are staying at CSR with DDP. Because there are 7 of us we need to budget quite a bit of $ for tips. Sure do wish it was included in DDP!! I planned on eating often at Peppe Market when we take break at CSR, but don't really want to have to busget even more $ for counter service. We ate at Pepper Market last Sept with free dining and did not include tip.:confused3

17. akoll

akoll Earning My Ears

There shouldn't be a problem - I have done this before on a previous trip with some girlfriends and we all just used our own cards ( link to diff cc) and it all worked out fine! I am sure Disney has figured this one out!

18. hurleysweety

hurleysweety <font color=deeppink>DISPrincess in Training<br><f

Can you use a disney gift card to pay for your tip?

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

yes

20. hurleysweety

hurleysweety <font color=deeppink>DISPrincess in Training<br><f

YES! Thank you! So if we're on the DDP, and at at TS restaurant we want to use our GC to pay tip, do we just present it with the final bill?

21. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yes, it will have a suggested tip at the bottom and you can circle it or write in what you want, and tell them to take the tip off the card.