Tipping for infants

Riddlers

Earning My Ears
When we went on the Wonder last November, the recommended tipping amount said it was per person including children. We are going on a 10 night med cruise and taking our 6 year old son and an infant who will be 1 year old. Do you also tip on behalf of the infant? I will obviously multiply the tip amount by 3 for me, my DH and my son but should I be multiplying it by 4 to include the baby?
Cheers in advance :confused:

When we went on the Wonder last November, the recommended tipping amount said it was per person including children. We are going on a 10 night med cruise and taking our 6 year old son and an infant who will be 1 year old. Do you also tip on behalf of the infant? I will obviously multiply the tip amount by 3 for me, my DH and my son but should I be multiplying it by 4 to include the baby?
Cheers in advance :confused:

Basically yes, the space is taken and actually sometimes young kids infants actually make a bit more mess, overall the actual per day tip is very low when considering that it not only covers dinner, but lunch breakfast at any venue, with the exception of Palo and Room service, however, tipping as always is up to you personally.

Thank you. I have absolutly no problem with tipping, I just wanted to make sure that I was doing it 'correctly' so as not to offend anyone and to make sure I knew what was expected. At least if I know in advance then I know to budget for all 4 of us to tip. :goodvibes

We did because of the great service we received on behalf of our little one. The Stateroom host always made sure the diaper genie was clean asked us a few times if the sofa bed was ok for her, always made sure to put the bed rails up at night, and if he saw us entering the room during the day ask us if she was getting ready to take a nap or if we needed anything for her. Our waiter and asst. waiter did a great job of trying to entertain her during dinner and asked constantly if there was anything we needed for her such as mashed food, more milk, etc. We ended up tipping the recommended plus some extra since we had extra cash left over that we had brought with us for incidentals and room service that we didn't use.

I also say yes because I know that my little ones are a lot to clean up after and that means more work for the stateroom host. Typically I will tip even more at restaurants too if they make a huge mess... same goes at hotels or on ship in my mind. Tipping is always personal, so you have to do what you are comfortable with, but generally speaking... your little person is a person too! ;)

The suggested amounts are per guest of any age. The best explanation I heard was that if they have a space in the lifeboat, you should tip for them!

And yes, small children or infants can create more mess and more work for servers, stateroom hosts, etc. than adults.

The suggested amounts are per guest of any age. The best explanation I heard was that if they have a space in the lifeboat, you should tip for them!

And yes, small children or infants can create more mess and more work for servers, stateroom hosts, etc. than adults.

Pardon me for posting this; So the crew don't have a place in the lifeboats?

I would say the best explanation is if there is a space for them at dinner you tip for them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter