tipping debate

nutty4wdw

DIS Veteran
what is the normal tip one would leave if you only receive a towel and trash service one day(DVC resort). i know some members who leave nothing. i am not use to leaving nothing at all.

We leave a couple of dollars also. But that also depends whether we have a studio, or 1 or 2 bedroom also. With a bigger unit we have more towels and more trash. So we leave $2-5 dollars on T&T day. Since we would normally tip someone if we called down to get a blender or extra pillows or hangers delivered to our room, we feel anyone bringing the clean towels to our room falls into the same category.

Unless something was done that was out of the ordinary? Nothing. I stay DVC, usually in studios, a lot. I refuse to tip someone for coming into my room, replacing some towels and emptying the trash. Now, if I stay long enough for a full clean? Then sure, I may leave something. But certainly not a pp/per day thing. Why would I tip someone $3 a day for just myself?? That would be a tip of about $15 just for replacing some towels. That takes about 8 mins...I highly doubt the housekeeper is in my room for longer than 10 mins when doing just trash/towel service. If everyone did that, do you realize what that housekeeper would be making an hour?? In just one day, if a housekeeper services 5 rooms in an hour? Over $35 an hour. They already make, at least, $10 an hour and most make more than that!
Disney doesn't consider it's housekeepers to be a tipped position. Do I normally tip? Again, it depends on the service I get. I tend to make my bed before leaving for the day, I wipe down the vanity area, there may be trash to empty but that's about it. I hang up my towels, really don't need them replaced every day.
I now tend to hang out my 'privacy please' hanger.

For trash and towel service, unless you have a giant mound of trash, they will be in and out of your villa in less than five minutes. They take out the dirty towels, empty the trash, replace shampoo, soap, coffee. And that is all. No real need to leave anything for a tip.

Don't expect towel animals, extra towels, extra shampoo because you left a tip. They need to get in and out to get on to the villas they do have to fully clean. They won't be straightening up your bed linens or sprucing up the kitchen.

We normally don't tip on trash and towel day. I will tip on full cleaning day, around $5-$10, depending on the room. If its really messy, closer to $10. But, one time we had a wonderful housekeeper who adored my DS and would leave him towel animals, even on our non service days. He was so tickled by those little towel animals, on our full cleaning day, I left her $20. It's totally up to you, however you see fit. But, I never base my tip percentage, or whether I leave one or not, on what I think they make an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter