Tiping limo driver

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tinkerone, Feb 7, 2010.

  1. tinkerone

    tinkerone DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Messages:
    3,949
    what kind of tip does everyone leave there driver??
     
  2. Avatar

    Google AdSense Guest Advertisement


    to hide this advert.
  3. Im_A_Princess

    Im_A_Princess PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1,634
    20% if he helps with bags and is pleasant. :goodvibes
     
  4. Davids-Coco

    Davids-Coco <font color=green>Sometimes my inner monologue isn

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    Messages:
    1,723
    20% for great service. Depends otherwise.
     
  5. kcashner

    kcashner DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    33,285
    Read the fine print on your booking--MOST do not include the tip in the cost, but some do. Even if the tip is included, your driver won't turn down "extra."

    And....typically 20% for excellent service. Remember that if booking a round trip, you may have different drivers each way. If you are paying a round trip price, tip 10% of the total cost to the first leg driver, 10% to the second leg (works out the same as 20% on each of 2 one way trips).
     
  6. tinkerone

    tinkerone DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Messages:
    3,949
    i'm glad you posted this. i have my math mixed up and i thought, okay, the trip is $240.00 so tip is 20% or 48.00 to the first driver and 48.00 to the second driver. now i see this is not so. it would be 24.00 and 24.00, am i correct?
     
  7. kcashner

    kcashner DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    33,285
    Correct--the tip should be about $24 each way UNLESS it is included in the quoted price.
     

Share This Page