*tinkerbell1988's disney wedding PJ - SBP/Il Mulino/UK Lower - 1st May 2012 <3 *

tinkerbell1988

Mouseketeer
hi all disbrides!! (and disgrooms! :thumbsup2) i have been lurking around here for a while now and have loved reading through everyones plans and stories!! i now think it's time for me to join in (i know it's not till 2012.. but i'm just too excited!!!) and let you all know a bit about me, my DF and some of our plans for our very own dream disney wedding!!! yay exciting!! :cheer2:

our story:

my names trudy and my DF's name is scott. we have been together since we were 15. we are highschool sweethearts and since we've been together we've practically been inseperable!! :lovestruc we fell in love quickly, and have known from the get go that we would spend our lives together. we always get on so well.. we're soulmates and best friends. :hug: i feel so lucky that we found eachother so early on in our lives!! but we never wanted to rush into marriage, we figured we'd have our whole lives together to think about that! we wanted to make the most of being teenagers, and just have fun! :goodvibes

on my 19th birthday, scott just couldn't wait any longer and he proposed!! :lovestruc i was extatic!! i'd never been so happy!! :cloud9: we were both so excited and couldn't wait to tell our family! we figured that we had been together for a few years now and felt mature enough to start thinking about getting married :love: - however the parents didn't give us the reaction we hoped for. they said we were too young and they would all be a lot happier if we lived together first - so we respected their opinion, and that's what we did! a year later after a lot of hardcore saving, we bought our dream home together! :yay: i'm so glad we did this! now we feel that we can conquer anything together, and are now truly ready to start thinking about marriage (i hate to admit it, but sometimes the parents really are right.. :rolleyes1 )

we are coming up to a year in our gorgous home.. and have recently started to revisit our wedding plans! :bride: we originally thought that we would get married in england, as this would be the cheapest and easiest option - but after seeing people we know get married in england, we found out that this is not always the case. we have seen people pay over £12,000 for their wedding in sunny england - we can't imagine spending that much money on one day.. we would much rather spend money like that on an amazing holiday! :cool1: so we then started to look at weddings abroad.. and we were amazed at the prices! it's such better value for money! we then knew that a wedding abroad for us was the way to go!! :woohoo:

i myself am a HUGE disney fan!! :wizard: i have all the classics on DVD.. i absolutely love them!! i am in love with mickey and minnie mouse.. that's the cutest couple right there!! however i have never been to disneyworld! (i know.. i was a very deprived child!! :rotfl: ) it is the one place i have always wanted to go.. i have dreamt of going since i was a little girl. i did however go to disneyland paris for 3 days with my dance school, but we spent most of the time rehersing for our production we were putting on in fantasyland. :dance3: i only spent a little while in the parks, but it was amazing!! scott went to disneyworld twice when he was younger and loved it! he has always said he will take me on my dream holiday to disneyworld when we have the money.. so i knew i would be waiting a while! :rolleyes1

knowing how disney mad i am, my friend said to me - 'why don't you get married at disneyworld??'... and that was it! ever since i first looked up the disneyworld fairy tale weddings website and found these boards.. i have been obsessed!! :surfweb: as i have always dreamt of going to disneyworld, having our wedding there will make 2 dreams come true all at once.. perfect!! :thumbsup2 the escape package suits us down to the ground as it means only our immediate family will be able to come, we love the idea of a much more intimate ceremony! then when we return to england, we will have an evening reception/party in a pretty village hall to celebrate with all the family and friends who weren't at the ceremony!
party:

wow well that turned out a bit longer than i thought it would, i hope i'm not boring you too much!! :rotfl:

next up.. OUR PLANS!! :woohoo:

escape package: $4750

end of april - beginning of may 2012 (i've changed this from 2nd august as we have had many people warn us about the extreme weather at this time of year.. so i've done my research and this should be a good time for crowds and lovely weather!)

SBP @ 2.30pm

• fresh floral bouquet
  • fresh floral boutonniere
  • beautiful two-tiered wedding cake
  • one bottle of our signature fairy tale cuvee (pours approximately six servings) or two bottles of non-alcoholic sparkling cider
  • keepsake mickey and minnie cake topper
  • a violinist to play during your event
  • a limousine charter for four consecutive hours
  • a professional disney photographer to capture your event and an album of 20 4x6 prints (as we are going to hire misty - see below - i will do my best to puasuade our planner to let us put this towards an enhancement like a honeymoon photo session or something, however this may be difficult as i've read that they no longer are doing this.. but it never hurt to ask!!)
  • a personal wedding web site

enhancements/extra costs we have in mind: (with some rough price ideas i got mostly from these boards..)

• soft drinks - $150 ($12.50 per guest)
  • upgrade floral to silk floral - $100?
  • misty miotto 6 hours coverage CD only package - $1200?
  • magic kingdom and epcot bridal portrait session - $1300? (2 days after the wedding - with amy!!)
  • beaute speciale hair & make-up - $250? (twice.. once for wedding day, again for the MK portrait session)
  • unity candle arrangement - $130?
  • reverand tim herring for ceremony - $300?
  • marriage licence: $90?

estimated total: $8270

Yay! Another UK bride! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans.

Do you have any photos of your ring?

Rachel
x

Hi welcome! Don't you hate it when you parents are right?:laughing: I am using Misty too I love her pictures. Your plans sound great can't wait to hear more! I

YAY not only another UK bride but also another 2012 Escape bride :)

Congratulations & cute story :lovestruc you have to share pictures of your ring. Nice to see somebody else planning far ahead, i thought i was a bit crazy postin on here even though the wedding won't be till 2012.

As you haven't been to Disneyworld before i just wanted to check that you know you haven chosen a date right in hurricane season, though as you are planning the ceremony int he WP i guess it won't matter as much if it is raining as you'll be inside.

Can't wait to hear more..

Yay! Another UK bride! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans.

Do you have any photos of your ring?

Rachel
x

thanks so much for reading!! wooooo for UK brides!! :woohoo: i'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on here.. but as soon as i do i'll be putting a pic up of the ring i promise! :thumbsup2

Hi welcome! Don't you hate it when you parents are right?:laughing: I am using Misty too I love her pictures. Your plans sound great can't wait to hear more! I

thankyou!! yes from what i've seen of her work misty is fab! great choice!! and booooooo to parents being right ALLL the time :lmao:

Welcome and congratulations! I look forward to reading your plans...

hehe thanks!! there will be plenty more plans and changes i'm sure.. i've got over 2 and a half years to kill :rotfl:

congrats! :lovestruc

thanks so much!! :cutie:

YAY not only another UK bride but also another 2012 Escape bride :)

Congratulations & cute story :lovestruc you have to share pictures of your ring. Nice to see somebody else planning far ahead, i thought i was a bit crazy postin on here even though the wedding won't be till 2012.

As you haven't been to Disneyworld before i just wanted to check that you know you haven chosen a date right in hurricane season, though as you are planning the ceremony int he WP i guess it won't matter as much if it is raining as you'll be inside.

Can't wait to hear more..

YAY for 2012 UK disney escape brides!!!! woooooo!!!! :woohoo: we're not crazy... just VERY organised ;) we did realise that august was during hurricane season in florida... but we have our heart set on getting hitched on our anniversary so i guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed we don't get swept away before the wedding! :rotfl: aww i'm so happy to have found another 2012 escapee! i'll pop over to your PJ and have a good old nosey! thanks for reading :flower3:

Congratulations and welcome!!!

Your story is so wonderful! Your plans sound great. Can't wait to hear more!

YAY for 2012 UK disney escape brides!!!! woooooo!!!! :woohoo: we're not crazy... just VERY organised ;) we did realise that august was during hurricane season in florida... but we have our heart set on getting hitched on our anniversary so i guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed we don't get swept away before the wedding! :rotfl: aww i'm so happy to have found another 2012 escapee! i'll pop over to your PJ and have a good old nosey! thanks for reading :flower3:

Aww it's lovely getting married on your anniversary, i did think about the same but ours is June 2nd and I wanted a date that had less risk of rain espcially as I want our ceremony at Sea breeze point which is an outside location. Plus I hate crowds and have heard late april/early may is pretty good time as easter will be over with by then and school back.

I'm glad to have found another 2012 escape bride aswell, espcially one thats from the UK :)

Have you thought about your dress yet? so exciting your first Disneyworld trip will be your wedding.

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! We got married on August 1, and people told us we were crazy. The heat plus hurricane season, but it was the only time we could get married. You will be inside so you don't have to worry about the heat, we got married outside, our poor guests... Anyway, I'm excited for you and I'll be following along!!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Congratulations and welcome!!!

Your story is so wonderful! Your plans sound great. Can't wait to hear more!

thankyou!! you're too kind! :flower3:

Aww it's lovely getting married on your anniversary, i did think about the same but ours is June 2nd and I wanted a date that had less risk of rain espcially as I want our ceremony at Sea breeze point which is an outside location. Plus I hate crowds and have heard late april/early may is pretty good time as easter will be over with by then and school back.

I'm glad to have found another 2012 escape bride aswell, espcially one thats from the UK :)

Have you thought about your dress yet? so exciting your first Disneyworld trip will be your wedding.

i know it'll be the trip of a lifetime that's for sure!! :rotfl: i have heard that october is a great month for the great weather and few crowds.. might be a month to consider? :cutie: ooh yes the dress! i think i've figured out how to post pics so i'll post some below of a few dresses i like so far! :bride:

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! We got married on August 1, and people told us we were crazy. The heat plus hurricane season, but it was the only time we could get married. You will be inside so you don't have to worry about the heat, we got married outside, our poor guests... Anyway, I'm excited for you and I'll be following along!!!! Can't wait to see pics!

aww thanks for reading!! :thumbsup2 yeah i have to admit the air conditioning in the wedding pavilion was another factor that clinched the deal for us! :laughing: we're not that great with the heat.. we like warmth but being from england we're not used to extremely hot weather :cool2: but it will be worth it to get married on our anniversary! i think i have figured out how to post pictures.. so i'll try posting a few below! :upsidedow

this is a pic i found very similar to my ring.. i think i'm going to use it as my wedding band and get a new e-ring with a solitaire stone. we were kinda broke at the time so this had to do, i still love it so much!! :love:

18030319000000021.jpg

below are some dresses i've seen and liked so far.. although i don't think i'll find 'the dress' till i actually go into shops and try them on.. i'm 4ft 11" and fairly slim, so unless i fork out for a custom made dress, i'll definately have to pay an adjustment fee! ugh.. i hate being small!! oh, and i'm a size 2 shoe.. nightmare! even JUNIOR trainers start at a 3... i have no idea where i'm going to find bridal shoes to fit!! :rotfl: anyway enough of my ranting.. here are the dresses, they're by Alfred Angelino i think..

number 1..
dress27.jpg

dress27b.jpg

number 2..
dress28.jpg

dress28b.jpg

number 3..
dress29.jpg

dress29b.jpg

i think i like the third one best at the moment.. but not sure - would love some opinions! :flower3:

Just reading about your plans and wanted to say congrats and welcome! :goodvibes all the dresses are very pretty!

aww thanks!! it's always difficult being the new kid in school :rotfl:

You two are a cute couple and pretty dresses, i think the 3rd is my favourite :)

thanks!! i think i agree about the third dress.. the more i look at it the more i love it!!

I love the third dress

aww thankyou!

well i haven't been on here much in the last couple of weeks.. i've had so much going on!! i have recently started a new job! :woohoo: i'm now sales administrator at the company scott works at.. i'm absolutely loving it!!! well.. anythings gotta be better than what i was doing before.. professional mouse clicker isn't much to go on the CV!! :rotfl: but it was really hard leaving the people i had been working with the last 2 years.. it's been an emotional ride but has definately been worth it!!

also.. i'm 21 tomorrow!!! :banana: i'm so excited! i'm not doing much.. just having some close family round after work. my official celebration is when we go to see Miley Cyrus perform in london on the 13th december.. i'm soooo excited for that!! i'm such a huge miley fan!!! :yay:

returning to the topic of weddings slightly.. all my spare time (which isn't much at the moment!!) has been spent making over 70 table name cards for scott's sisters wedding on the 20th december... it was a looong job!! and only having a few weeks to make them was stressful.. but they're finally done!! i think they look alright but i'm such a perfectionist i'm always going to find faults! thought i would post a picture of them incase anyone's making their own and needed some inspiration. the hearts were cut out using a stamp and i stuck a piece of glittery adhesive paper behind :cutie:

P1030350.jpg

also.. i hope all the americans on here had a lovely thanksgiving!! thanks for reading :santa:

I just read through your plans and I just wanted to say congrats!! You are definitely on the right track. We are also doing an escape wedding at the Wedding Pavilion! It's a gorgeous location and the Commander's Terrace is great too. The third dress is amazing!!!! It gets my vote :thumbsup2.

Hello, just read through your plans, it's amazing how much you have planned already!

I'm having Misty at my wedding too, she does such great shots!

I like the first dress with the gold in it, but I'm biased, because I'm having gold as one of my wedding colours!

Happy 21st Birthday

Hope you are having a wonderful day, and got some lovely presents.

Those name cards you have done for you FSIL's wedding look lovely :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter