Tinkerbell gifts... my ideas and looking for more!

Great ideas!

We got new toothbrushes from Tinkerbell on our first night - because she wanted to remind us to brush well even if we were really tired.

I think we'll probably get nightgowns, craft kits, candy, toothbrushes, little toys, glowsticks, etc. this time as well. And I got some microglitter as well.

Using chapstick to make footprints with the glitter is a great idea!

I wonder if any of the CM at the parks would help us play this game with the kids? Like, if I wrap a gift and hand it to a cast member discretely and ask them to give it to the kids, would they?

I wanted to add that there are a few things that *all* kids just *must* have at WDW. And you can get them so much cheaper at home than you can at the WORLD. I made some of these items my kids' "Tink Gifts"

* Glow sticks (You may want to buy a lot of these. We used them on dark rides, at Fantasmic, at the parades and we even had enough to share with some other children who we met along the way.)

* Misting Fans (if you will be there when it's warm, get these before you leave)

* Lanyards

* A couple of shirts (We made personalized ones for our brood...check out the Creative DISigns board for help with this)

* Autograph book (Again we made ours for the kids and they were so cute thanks to the DISigners here)

* Sunscreen, chapstick, hats, sunglasses (depending on when you go)

I actually am not thrilled with just leaving the tattoo sheets for our last day, but was trying to think of something small and easy to put in a suitcase that was already packed. Any ideas are appreciated. I really do try to think outside of the box, but sometimes the box is so big that I can't find my way out!:lmao:

I haven't finished reading this thread...so I apologize if this has already been mentioned. For your last day - how about something she can use to entertain herself on the way home? I think Target & Walmart both sell a little pad that you can use a water-filled Aquadoodle pen (read - no mess) with. It may keep her entertained and is small enough that it could be easily slipped into a carryon bag.

What about 'stepping' thru the glitter with the Tinkerbell doll's shoe? As far as the lips go for the kiss - what if you just sprinkle fairy dust (glitter) around her pillow?

When I took my niece in October the biggest hit was trading pins. She loved to trade pins (it was her first trip). On the first night Tink left a lanyard/starter pin set. Every night she left a couple of new pins.

So I have scanned through this post and I honestly have never heard of this before but I think it is a very cute idea. Where did this idea come from and what exactly do you do....................

I read about this a while back and have jumped into it with both feet.:cool1:

We are taking a family vacation to Disney in March and it will be 6 yr old grandson's first trip(daughter in laws also!). We are staying offsite in a condo so we are taking all this with us, and stopping at the Walmart there to add to the stash.

So far we have:
* Had Mickey call (Disney Enchanted Call on Christmas Eve)
* Sent a book from Mickey and a book and note from Tinkerbell (return address- a sticker of Mickey/Tink with Walt Disney World Florida under it)
* Explained to him how Tinkerbell flies everywhere and watches- and if he behaves well he will get special gifts from her during the trip.

I have signed up for the "Pay it Forward" and he will be getting a postcard later this month from Mickey saying Cant wait to see you in March..

What I have for the trip:
For the day we go to Animal Kingdom- a Mickey in Safari outfit that will be sitting in his booster seat when we go to the car that morning. A magnetic board with jungle animals on it- something that will be fun in the car. A "magic monkey" - one of those little animals you put in water and it expands. A couple animal facecloths from Dollar tree that will be in his bathroom when he returns.

For other days- some upon arrival, some overnight, some when we return from the parks
*a package of green army men (DHS day)
*a Buzz Lightyear tshirt
* many glow sticks/bracelets
*a Mickey tshirt
*a Mickey throw blanket ($7.99 Disney.com)
*a Pooh nightlight
*Mickey placemat, plastic dish and cup
*everyone is getting a small Mickey/Minnie/Goofy or Eeyore on their beds
* Mickey facecloths and soaps in bathroom
*Disney playing cards- Go Fish and Snap
*Disney paddle ball
*Disney crayons and a coloring book
*Maze book and Connect the dots
* a couple Disney puzzles
*a Mr Potato head- plan to buy the extra pieces at DTD store
*a Mr Potato head sticker sheet
* a CARS watercolor book
* a WALL E cinch bag (Disney.com)
*a small fan on a string

I know there is more, but I cant think of it
I have Tinkerbell stickers that will go on things so he will know she left them.
I hate glitter so just cant go there.;)

I have "invites" for our Chef Mickey and some other meals. (thanks to great DISers)

I have had such a wonderful time planning all this:woohoo:- it's been great watching his excitement build, and I hope it is all he thinks it will be and more!

As a side note- I also have put together small bathroom baskets for the ladies- lotion, antibacterial wipes, chapsticks, travel toothpaste and toothbrushes(they know not to bring that), Disney facecloths and soaps, and still adding to these.

Everyone is getting one of the throw blankets I mentioned above, as well as a plush. Everyone will have 1 or 2 Disney trading pins specific to their likes. No one has done trading so it would be new. Grandson will have about 10 pins.

Everyone has a tube for Pressed Pennies.
Oh, everyone has 2 rain ponchos.

Lots of what I got came from Dollar tree, Bath and Body Works, Ebay, and Walmart. I always have my eyes peeled for anything Disney. I personally have not had luck at Target as they always seem to have girl things not boys.

Last but not least, I have a "bracelet" for him to wear that has his mother's cell phone number on it, should he ever get lost- it cost only a few dollars online, and is red so he thinks it is cool (similar kind to what Lance Armstron wears)

I hope everyone doing this has as much fun as I am having- I don't know what I will do after this trip is over! I may need a job to fill my time:rotfl2:

I read about this a while back and have jumped into it with both feet.:cool1:

We are taking a family vacation to Disney in March and it will be 6 yr old grandson's first trip(daughter in laws also!). We are staying offsite in a condo so we are taking all this with us, and stopping at the Walmart there to add to the stash.

So far we have:
* Had Mickey call (Disney Enchanted Call on Christmas Eve)
* Sent a book from Mickey and a book and note from Tinkerbell (return address- a sticker of Mickey/Tink with Walt Disney World Florida under it)
* Explained to him how Tinkerbell flies everywhere and watches- and if he behaves well he will get special gifts from her during the trip.

I have signed up for the "Pay it Forward" and he will be getting a postcard later this month from Mickey saying Cant wait to see you in March..

What I have for the trip:
For the day we go to Animal Kingdom- a Mickey in Safari outfit that will be sitting in his booster seat when we go to the car that morning. A magnetic board with jungle animals on it- something that will be fun in the car. A "magic monkey" - one of those little animals you put in water and it expands. A couple animal facecloths from Dollar tree that will be in his bathroom when he returns.

For other days- some upon arrival, some overnight, some when we return from the parks
*a package of green army men (DHS day)
*a Buzz Lightyear tshirt
* many glow sticks/bracelets
*a Mickey tshirt
*a Mickey throw blanket ($7.99 Disney.com)
*a Pooh nightlight
*Mickey placemat, plastic dish and cup
*everyone is getting a small Mickey/Minnie/Goofy or Eeyore on their beds
* Mickey facecloths and soaps in bathroom
*Disney playing cards- Go Fish and Snap
*Disney paddle ball
*Disney crayons and a coloring book
*Maze book and Connect the dots
* a couple Disney puzzles
*a Mr Potato head- plan to buy the extra pieces at DTD store
*a Mr Potato head sticker sheet
* a CARS watercolor book
* a WALL E cinch bag (Disney.com)
*a small fan on a string

I know there is more, but I cant think of it
I have Tinkerbell stickers that will go on things so he will know she left them.
I hate glitter so just cant go there.;)

I have "invites" for our Chef Mickey and some other meals. (thanks to great DISers)

I have had such a wonderful time planning all this:woohoo:- it's been great watching his excitement build, and I hope it is all he thinks it will be and more!

As a side note- I also have put together small bathroom baskets for the ladies- lotion, antibacterial wipes, chapsticks, travel toothpaste and toothbrushes(they know not to bring that), Disney facecloths and soaps, and still adding to these.

Everyone is getting one of the throw blankets I mentioned above, as well as a plush. Everyone will have 1 or 2 Disney trading pins specific to their likes. No one has done trading so it would be new. Grandson will have about 10 pins.

Everyone has a tube for Pressed Pennies.
Oh, everyone has 2 rain ponchos.

Lots of what I got came from Dollar tree, Bath and Body Works, Ebay, and Walmart. I always have my eyes peeled for anything Disney. I personally have not had luck at Target as they always seem to have girl things not boys.

Last but not least, I have a "bracelet" for him to wear that has his mother's cell phone number on it, should he ever get lost- it cost only a few dollars online, and is red so he thinks it is cool (similar kind to what Lance Armstron wears)

I hope everyone doing this has as much fun as I am having- I don't know what I will do after this trip is over! I may need a job to fill my time:rotfl2:

I have to say that you are the best mother-in-law and grandma ever. Wish you were in my family. Hope you have a great time and all your work brings much happiness to you and yours!

Thanks- it turned into a longer post than I expected- but I am getting so much pleasure out of doing this, I will probably enjoy this trip the most of anyone:)

Thanks- it turned into a longer post than I expected- but I am getting so much pleasure out of doing this, I will probably enjoy this trip the most of anyone:)

Yes that's great, hopefully you really enjoy your trip. You have a nice plan. All I can say is, enjoy and have fun. :rotfl:

Have a great day and safe trip. :)

I've really enjoyed reading thru these posts but I have to admit that I'm a bit lost in regards to how this whole Tinkerbell gift thing works. Do you buy little gifts for your kids and give them one/a few each night that leads up to your vacation, do you pick a certain time prior to your vaca...say a week before and leave them something while their sleeping from Tink or do you give them their gifts the night before you leave for Disney? How does this work.

I'd like to do this for my youngest daughter who will be a month shy of turning 4 when we leave for our next trip so I know she'll be over the moon if she thought Tinkerbell left her presents. My oldest daughter will be a month shy of turning 11 so I'm not sure if she'd play into this whole Tinkerbell left you something thing. I'd probably lull out Disney dollars for her to collect along the way that way she'd have her own spending money once we arrived.

T.

I read about Tink gifts here on the Dis before our first trip. Our Tinkerbell doesn't leave footprints she just leaves gifts, one under my dd's pillow each night while she is asleep. It definitely gets my dd up in a good mood, especially when i am in a rush for an early adr or rope drop!

I usually do pins, dollar store princess notebooks & crayons (for waiting in line), glowsticks and occasionally Tink will leave a big gift like a princess dress or a new tee shirt for her to wear in the parks that day. When my dd gets a little older I will do disney dollars too.

I do like the kiss idea though, I think i will try that on our next trip.

Our version of the Tinkerbell gifts are going to be modified since we are only staying one night at WDW before our Disney cruise. Tink will have brought a gift basket, wrapped in cellophane with a bow, for each daughter when they wake up at WDW. I'm almost finished as of today at the Disney Store with Tinkerbell pajamas and t-shirts. I went in hoping for a Tinkerbell gift card that I could add too, but no luck. I will have to look at DL next month I also got a Tink reuseable bag that is really cute. .

I have Tink panties, Tink pj's, Tink t-shirt, Tink notebook w/ pen, Tink brush, Tink toothbrush, Tink hair elastics, Tink trading pin, Tink plush doll from DL, Tink doodle pad, Tink chapstick (Avon) and a Tink pillowcase (Avon this month). I still need Tink playing cards, Tink Pez (if anyone has seen one let me know) and the above mentioned Tink gift card. I think that will do it!! I found at Target $ spot a lime green and a purple plastic basket/tote that is kind of flexible. I may put all the stuff in those to wrap. I will probably send a box down to help with the surprise and free up some room in the suitcase. Hopefully it will all turn out as cute as I hope.

Goofy'sLady- I think you can do whatever works for you and your little ones. Mine is geared mostly to while we are actually at Disney, leaving little gifts from Tink each day, but I also have mailed a couple books in advance with notes from Tink reminding him to be good and that Mickey and the Gang are counting the days till he will be there.
Our gifts are boy gifts, so no Tink things, but since Tink flies around and watches what goes on, she is the one that leaves them.:thumbsup2

For my kids it's a good behavior thing. Tink is always watching and if they are good in the parks and don't whine and fight, Tink will visit during the night and leave them a small gift. It REALLY works! They want those gifts and one small warning usually ends any unwanted behavior. Bwa ha ha ha. It also cuts back on them asking for stuff at the endless gift shops because they get something every morning. It's a blast for me before the trip and is my DD8's favorite part of the trip. DS6 loves it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter