Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by kim3339, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Mjmdiva

Mjmdiva Mouseketeer

Really? They told me $93. I may have to call back.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JoannaK

JoannaK Earning My Ears

$68 was the price I got through last minute travel for Stovalls.

4. Mjmdiva

Mjmdiva Mouseketeer

Nice work!

5. NewRunner

NewRunner Earning My Ears

Quick question regarding kid's races. My daughter will be 6 in January and my twin sons will be 4 in Feb. For Tinkerbell kids races, can I register them in the 4-6 category so they can run with their sister? Will anyone check this ad they will only be 3? Thanks for your help!!!

6. DharmaLou

DharmaLou Once a Princess, Always a Princess

The half is officially sold out! Wow, that was a lot faster than I imagined!

7. Pixiedust2758

Pixiedust2758 Thinking Wonderful Thoughts

For those that have stayed at the GC and completed the Tink half marathon in previous years; how easy was it to get back to your hotel room afterwards?

GC looks somewhat close to the finish line; but part of the last mile looks to be on Disneyland Dr (if they go along the same route as last year), so I'm not sure how you'd back-trace right after the race. Or, if you'd be forced to walk up Walnut St. and cut over at the DLH.

The fact that the starting line looked to be right outside the hotel made me happy - though in reality I'm not sure how close it would be; or if I can even afford to stay there.

TIA

8. kim3339

kim3339 DIS Veteran

5k will be Mr. Smee, Capt. Hook for the 10k and Vanellope for the 1/2.

Really easy to get back to the room. We come out in the area b/w PPH and DLH, so you just walk to the stoplight across from GC to cross the street. I've cut through GC to get to DTD and my hotel the past 2 years, have been super easy.

9. where's_my_prince

where's_my_prince DIS Veteran

I am definitley dressing up!! :goodvibes:goodvibes
    99% sure as Mrs. Incredible

10. AZlady

AZlady DIS Veteran

Newbie w/ Tink weekend. So technical question.

Doing 5&10k only. Planning on staying onsite. Will I we done (metal,photos,goofing off) in time to make EE? If not seems silly to pay for onsite, right??
    What time does EE start that weekend?
    (I'm not going to be fast on these races... If that helps!! I hope to stay a few steps ahead of he sweeps :) )

11. AZlady

AZlady DIS Veteran

DD13 & I are definitely dressing up!!! Just not sure as what. I'm hoping to find stuff around Halloween to us :)

12. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

EE (Magic Mornings) are usually cancelled on race weekends, so no need to pay the $$ to stay onsite if that's your only reason to stay in a Disney hotel. However, the Disney hotels are closer to the starting line than most other hotels. We stay over on Harbor in a non-Disney place. We consider the walk over to the start to be our warm-up for the races.

13. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

They were not cancelled last year.

14. Mjmdiva

Mjmdiva Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what park hours typically are that weekend? 10-8 or open earlier like 8 or 9 am? TIA.

15. magsnemma

magsnemma Earning My Ears

Is the Holiday Inn on Walnut going to be more of a walk than a hotel on Katella? It seems like it would be an easy walk down to the DLH but I wasn't sure if part of it would be blocked off.

16. kim3339

kim3339 DIS Veteran

Fri DL opened at 9, DCA I think was 10. Sat/Sun DL was 8-12 and DCA was either 9-10 or 10-9.

I've never stayed in Walnut so can't help w/ which is easier. But if the course is the same as last year, we cut through the DTD/Mickey parking lot to Walnut on Magic Way, so that gate should be open race morning to cut through.

17. cruisindisney

cruisindisney Mouseketeer

I'm In! This is my first 1/2 marathon. Really excited. My two best friends are coming with me. One is running the 5k and the other is just coming along to be our ChEar squad.

18. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

I'll be dressing up too but just a tutu over my regular running clothes probably. There is just something fun about running in a tutu. Oh, and a tiara!

19. NiceOneSimba

NiceOneSimba DIS Veteran

So excited! I registered last year and injured my leg and was unable to run. I'm pretty psyched to actually do it this year!

20. AZlady

AZlady DIS Veteran

:confused3 two helpful people...two different answers.....anyone else know if they have EE on race mornings??
    I would be staying onsite for that PERK!

21. MonkeyDishwasher

MonkeyDishwasher <font color=teal>Yes!!! I got the first non-topic

Usually the park isn't ready to open in time for an EE on the day of the races so it gets moved to Monday I believe.