Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by kim3339, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Shananana

Shananana Mouseketeer

Oh! I'm so in for next year. I don't know if it's going to be a family trip again or what.

However, (I'm putting this out there) I hope that it's just a drop off, seeing how we're looking to move back "home".:cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tiggerjay

tiggerjay Mouseketeer

My wife and I will be doing the half again, and probably have our kids do the fun run. I might try to get our 6 (then 7) year old to be able to do the 5k, that would be a lot of fun!

4. kim3339

kim3339 DIS Veteran

Patty and Sarah ~ princess: Good luck this weekend and safe travels! Hope the race and C2C goes well for you. Sarah, hope the flight isn't too long for you. princess:

5. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Thanks!!! I keep forgetting about c2c. Lol. Hope I remember to get my medal. :P

6. kirstie101

kirstie101 DIS Veteran

I'll be stalking your FB page for pics!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

7. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

At airport- waiting. Flight is late. Boo!

8. DharmaLou

DharmaLou Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Good luck to those this weekend!

I've started my slow but sure training for the Tink :)

9. kim3339

kim3339 DIS Veteran

That sucks! Hope everything else goes okay and you get there still somewhat close to when you were supposed to. :hug: Don't spend too much at the expo... :rotfl2:

:cheer2: Congrats!! :cheer2:

10. jessicaerv

jessicaerv Mouseketeer

BEST OF LUCK TO OUR C2C'ERS!!!!!!!! :worship::cheer2::cheer2:

And way to go, DharmaLou! You'll see - there is only upside to this. ::yes::

11. kim3339

kim3339 DIS Veteran

Jessica! Not sure where you are up here, sorry if you mentioned it before. But got an email yesterday that they'll doing a Color Run here in San Jose on 5/18. It's going to be over by HP Pavilion and reg opens next Fri if you're interested. It's a Sat and the day before Bay to Breakers.

12. jessicaerv

jessicaerv Mouseketeer

Aw, Kim, thanks for thinking of me! I'm in Sacramento, so not horribly far out of the geographical area, but I'm planning on being in SoCal around that time. The Color Runs sound like a blast - I think they have one here in Sac. I'll have to check it out. I'm also intrigued by the Electric Runs. Have you seen those?

My next run is on March 16 - a Biggest Loser 5k here in Sacramento. Supposedly there will be some of the former Biggest Loser "contestants" that will participate. Wonder who it will be? Hoping for a PR (which wouldn't be that difficult since I am sloooooooooooow... except I've taken a break since the Tink and haven't run a lick). :scared:

13. FLIPPER11986

FLIPPER11986 Earning My Ears

Count me in:). Just ran the princess half so want to earn my coast to coast medal!!!

14. MonkeyDishwasher

MonkeyDishwasher <font color=teal>Yes!!! I got the first non-topic

Unfortunately, the Tink '13 already happened, and the '14 race won't earn your C2C. One has to complete an east coast and west coast race in the same calendar year to achieve a C2C. Now if you could someway find yourself in the DL '13 Half that would get it.

15. FLIPPER11986

FLIPPER11986 Earning My Ears

Oh no - I thought I was within the year and the half is sold out:(

16. kim3339

kim3339 DIS Veteran

If you want to run in Sept., you might want to check and see if there are still charity spots open. On the WISH thread, someone mentioned that they were able to register late last week.

17. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

I signed my sister up last week for DL half. 290 includes a park ticket through get travel. Might still have spots!

18. jessicaerv

jessicaerv Mouseketeer

Patty - how was the Princess? Is the C2C medal worth it?! :thumbsup2

19. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Completely worth it!!! It's a really beautiful medal and I'm do glad I got it! Funny thing- I'm doing DDD and W&D so I technically am doing it twice this year! But they don't give a second medal.

Princess was amazing. I ran with tinkeramy and saysay from Dis and we are planning Tink next year! They are pros at stopping for pics so we got a ton. Weather was not so great but manageable.

Big difference from Tink in size of the race. It's huge!!! But I love wdw and had an amazing time!

Totally loved doing both girl power races. :)

20. jessicaerv

jessicaerv Mouseketeer

Next year is a big year for me. I'll be turning 40. :scared1:
    I'm considering going for the C2C next year, but not sure which WDW run to do. I think Princess (although better for training purposes) might be too close to Tink for work purposes.

Have you done the F&W 1/2 before? Isn't that in November? How is the weather then (humidity)?

21. lisachrystine

lisachrystine Mouseketeer

Count me in for Tink 2014! It will be my first half :eek: My only goal is to finish and not get swept :rotfl: Is there a new thread for 2014 - or will we be adding on to this one? I need to know what to follow. :thumbsup2