Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

How's everyone's training going?

I just got in from my 30 min run for the day. I ended up going right around 5km in the 30 mins so not too bad considering its really hot and sunny here today.

Just over 4 months ladies! Woohoo!

I did P90X legs and back yesterday, so gave the legs a much needed rest today. They hurt! But plan on doing a long run tomorrow--- or maybe a 30 min with the long on Sunday. Will have to see how things shake out.

My knee has been a little wonky since my 7 miles on Sunday. Tonight will be my first run since then. I'll do intervals if I feel it at all. Dont want to hurt myself before my 10K on Sunday!
Ran over to Fleet Feet at lunch in my never ending quest for a headband that stays on my head. Decided to give "sweatybands" a try. Got a super cute one thats hot pink and black and has little martini glasses on it! Doesn't match any of my running tops but I guess that mean I need to buy some new ones.....Lets hope this one works and doesn't slip off of my head!

My knee has been a little wonky since my 7 miles on Sunday. Tonight will be my first run since then. I'll do intervals if I feel it at all. Dont want to hurt myself before my 10K on Sunday!
Ran over to Fleet Feet at lunch in my never ending quest for a headband that stays on my head. Decided to give "sweatybands" a try. Got a super cute one thats hot pink and black and has little martini glasses on it! Doesn't match any of my running tops but I guess that mean I need to buy some new ones.....Lets hope this one works and doesn't slip off of my head!

I can't find one that stays on my head either. I think its the shape of my head - I don't have a "ledge" at the back for it to stay under. One of my daughters has the same shape head as me and can't wear them either and the other one can. I'm a little jealous.

I can't wear them either. Lol. I have to run with a visor to keep my hair out of my face.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I can't wear them either. Lol. I have to run with a visor to keep my hair out of my face.

I'm all about the visor too. I put the matching headbands around my visor though if I want to look cute.

longhorns2 said:
I'm all about the visor too. I put the matching headbands around my visor though if I want to look cute.

Good idea!

Yes ladies this is me too! Visors work for me and I guess thats what I'm going to stick too.
Though I will say the sweatyband stayed on for a 40 minute run/walk on the treadmill last night. Thats never happened before. I'll give it a few road tests next week and see if it stays on outside. For the race I'm definitely sticking with my visor though. In fact I think I'll pick up a new visor in DL on our vaction in a couple weeks.

Question for you all - does running on a treadmill ever get easier?
I dont do it often. Haven't done it in a few months. But I hate it. I have to run slower than I run on my outside runs, no clue why. I hold on with at least one hand for the majority of my run cause I get nervous. And the whole time I just feel awkward!

I know if I'm going to continue to run through the winter on week nights(and I am!) that I'm going to need to embrace the treadmill but I'm just not a fan.

I hate treadmill running but I do it on occasion. It seems like I'm working harder and going slower. There are no distractions either nor any change in pace, surface, foot strike or anything so I find it very difficult. But maybe I'm just a whiner! lol!

A lot depends on the treadmill. I'm very comfortable on mine at home but hate the ones at the gym. It's a personal preference I think.

I use mine for the short runs but outside for all the long ones. And I go feel like I run faster outside which is odd since treadmills are kinda helping you with forward motion.

I always run on my treadmill with a 1% incline because I read they are easier than outdoor runs. However, my real run times are always a bit faster than my treadmill pace time. However, I totally agree that treadmill runs are a bit depressing. I run outside when possible. My in-laws in Edmonton run out in the snow. They're amazing at judging the snow and spotting icy spots. It's quite funny really. So, being as I'm from the pretty moderate climate of Seattle, I'm going to attempt more outdoor runs this year. Just gives me and excuse to buy more running gear... :)

6.25 miles in this morning! One outside for my MM the other 5 on my treadmill. Felt great today!

Combined my long run this week with a fundraiser. Ran the Race for the Cure 8K. Or should I say ran/walk/ran that turned into a walk/run/walk. :lmao:

I came back from vacation and promptly got a cold and then 2 days ago was exposed to Latex at work and had a bad allergic reaction and asthma attack.

So with all that said I knew I wasn't out to set any records or anything. Of course I am really bad with directions and read maps backwards so when I got lost getting to the race I knew today would be interesting.

I ended up walking 1.5 miles from where I "thought" the start line was and then 1.5 miles from the finish line because I couldn't find my car. :confused3

I did pretty good until mile 4 was able to run 1 min walk 1 min then got a cramp and had to really slow down. I managed to have an overall pace of 16 mins. So not bad all considered.

I know I have 4 months to continue training and improve.

DH laughed when I told him I did 8.2 miles in 2 hours he said "that is what we did in 10 hours at DLR". I did remind him that I will be doing 13.1 miles in around 3 hours in January and he siad "oh yeah".

Today showed me that even under not ideal conditions I can do this. Yeah.

And Why do all race planner put the hill at the END of the race? :faint:

Combined my long run this week with a fundraiser. Ran the Race for the Cure 8K. Or should I say ran/walk/ran that turned into a walk/run/walk. :lmao:

I came back from vacation and promptly got a cold and then 2 days ago was exposed to Latex at work and had a bad allergic reaction and asthma attack.

So with all that said I knew I wasn't out to set any records or anything. Of course I am really bad with directions and read maps backwards so when I got lost getting to the race I knew today would be interesting.

I ended up walking 1.5 miles from where I "thought" the start line was and then 1.5 miles from the finish line because I couldn't find my car. :confused3

I did pretty good until mile 4 was able to run 1 min walk 1 min then got a cramp and had to really slow down. I managed to have an overall pace of 16 mins. So not bad all considered.

DH laughed when I told him I did 8.2 miles in 2 hours he said "that is what we did in 10 hours at DLR". I did remind him that I will be doing 13.1 miles in around 3 hours in January and he siad "oh yeah".

That's great! Heck, you showed up and finished which is more then most people would have done in your situation. I have one kid with a latex allergy and it scares the crud out of me when she's exposed. It happens so easily no matter how careful we are.

I'm proud of you girl!

Oh girl, hill at the end... ITA. WTHeck man???? The hill should go downnn to the finish line. So we can all cross the end like Phoebe Buffet. ;)

Great job!!!! You can soooo do this!

Awesome for you for showing up and finishing despite everything else! And good job on throwing in some unplanned extra miles hehe

I did my 10K at AT&T park in SF yesterday and had a great time. Finished in 1:19 which is not truly what I was hoping for. But once I thought about all the people I had to weave in and out of I'm happier than I originally was. The run felt good. The atmosphere was fun. I'm gonna go ahead and submit my time as proof of time but I dont really think it will help me with corral placement. But it doesnt hurt to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter