Tink Got Me My Very Own Sharpies!- A Surprise Bday TR (3/8 Final Thoughts)

I love Aisling's dress! I miss when I could dress my girls up in cute dresses. :rolleyes1

124.jpg

Cool! That's the first time I've seen a giraffe sitting down!

151.jpg

(they are shaved ice scoops that they pour a flavored martini over!)

Yum! What flavor is that?

Glad you were able to squeak into the show and not miss it! :thumbsup2

Denise

I love Aisling's dress! I miss when I could dress my girls up in cute dresses. :rolleyes1

Cool! That's the first time I've seen a giraffe sitting down!

Yum! What flavor is that?

Glad you were able to squeak into the show and not miss it! :thumbsup2

Denise

I know she won't dress up for long so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. She wore a mommy made top to school today for "No Uniform Day"

That is the baby giraffe. I had seen it in February when it was first on the reserve and I couldn't believe how big it had gotten!

My drink was Grape Crush and Randy's was Cherry I believe.

I love Aisling's Baby Simba Dress- it's so cute!

Thank you!!! :flower3:

I kept joking beforehand that we wouldn't lose her in it. WhenI bought the fabric, the lady at the store asked what on earth I was making with it!

We are going to see the Lion King next month so I'm hoping it still fits so she can wear it again (with tights and a shirt underneath!)

I'm so getting one of those drinks at Y&Y this year! Glad to see a pic since you had mentioned it before. Mmm....

What a cute dress! And I love the picture of your DD stretching. AK is SO much walking! We often find ourselves going back and forth, back and forth like you mentioned. :sad2:

I'm so getting one of those drinks at Y&Y this year! Glad to see a pic since you had mentioned it before. Mmm....

Yup...those are them! So refreshign :thumbsup2

What a cute dress! And I love the picture of your DD stretching. AK is SO much walking! We often find ourselves going back and forth, back and forth like you mentioned. :sad2:

Thank you!

The walking isn't so bad for us adults but add in an overtired, overexcited, hot child and it's not the best combo! She didn't have a gigantic meltdown which was fabulous. But she definitely needed to go cool off in every sense of the word!

I've never seen Devine before either. Maybe this next trip.

I can't believe the difference in the weather. It was so cold when I was there the weekend before. No lounging afternoons at the pool for us. But my next trip is in July so I'll probably be remembering that cold fondly.

If the kids have to be upset during during a meal then I agree with your other poster. At least she let you be and enjoy your own meal.

I've never seen Devine before either. Maybe this nest trip.

I can't believe the difference in the weather. It was so cold when I was there the weekend before. No lounging afternoons at the pool for us. But my next trip is in July so I'll probably be remembering that cold fondly.

If the kids have to be upset during during a meal then I agree with your other poster. At least she let you be and enjoy your own meal.

I KNOW. I went out and bought leggings and long sleeved shirts to go under Aisling's dresses because of the weather the weekend you were there. And we had the polar opposite. We are used to the muggy weather from traveling in Sept but I wasn't expecting it at the end of October!

We pronounce it "Ash-ling"...which is how they pronounce it in certain parts of Ireland (particularly in Dublin where I lived) but I have heard that different parts of Ireland drop the "g" sound at the end making it sound more like Ashley. We kinda say it wrong because is should be "ah-sh-lean-g" but in Boston I think we would sound stuck up pronouncing the A like that :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know you are excited that you are getting yet another update this quickly!

With Aisling sufficiently cooled down from a dip in the Hippy Dippy Pool with Randy (while I ironed costumes and downloaded pictures onto the laptop) it was time to de-princess her and make her Not So Scary.

We were off to MNSSHP!!!!!

191.jpg

I had a game plan this time around. As MNSSHP newbies last year....we made some mistakes. Namely we had arrived too late at the park and then had to squeeze dinner/rides into party time and we missed a lot. This year the plan was to get there as close to 4 as possible, have an early dinner, get some rides out of the way and be ready to party at 7pm.

So what do you think? Did we make it? Did we close down the MK two nights in a row? Did Aisling's beloved puppy enjoy doing double duty as Toto/Zero??? (hopefully the people who were following along on FB forget by now ;) :rotfl:)

Of course we made it...this mommy wasn't messing around with $150 worth of MNSSHP tickets. I was a little nervous getting there so early that our tickets wouldn't be good yet but it worked out just fine! All the banners had already been changed.

195.jpg

196.jpg

I should warn you that I decided I didn't want to carry all my camera stuff around all night so all the pics are taken with the wide angle lens...leading to some distorted images

Case in Point

198.jpg

The final castle show was finishing up as we walked down Main St

197.jpg

199.jpg

First order of business....get some food into Aisling. For those who read my TRs, you'll know that I typically throw all food rules out the window on vacation. But I'm afraid that I need to insist on having SOMETHING in your stomach before eating junk at the party. I don't care what it is as long as it's not candy. So off to Casey's we went.

200.jpg

201.jpg

You might think Randy was an important businessman with all the Blackberrying he was doing!

Puppy was enjoying his time in the parks! For the first time ever we had convince Aisling to leave Puppy in the room for the majority of the trip :woohoo: But I needed a Toto and Aisling needed a Zero so he needed to come along to the party!

202.jpg

Most authentic costumes we saw all night. Frankly I'm surprised that Disney allowed them in they were so good. I wanted to stalk them to get a better picture but we had stuff to do. You get the general idea. Notice the guys asking to have pictures with them

203.jpg

Next up Photopass pics of my little Sally.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

As we were finishing with the pics, the last Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade was starting. And Aisling and Randy will never miss an opportunity to shake their tail feathers...so they joined in

225.jpg

223.jpg

222.jpg

221.jpg

With calories from Casey's sufficiently burnt off, it was time to get some riding done. So off we went to.....

soooooooooo cute Randy & Ash dancing!

off to where?!?!?!?!?

off to where?!?!?!?!?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Why off to Buzz of course!!!

227.jpg

Followed by the Laugh Floor. Mike Check and other punny jokes really make Aisling giggle

244.jpg

245.jpg

246.jpg

After that, Aisling HAD to ride her beloved People Mover! This time I was posed to take pics of the very quick view of the construction on Space Mountain

255.jpg

252.jpg

253.jpg

254.jpg

Just about as they were announcing the arrival of Mr. Tom Morrow, the spooky music started! The Party was underway!!!

First up was some Trick or Treating. I had heard that they were giving out Star Wars toothbrushes in Tomorrowland somewhere so while Randy and Ash got Candy, I went on a hunt. I continued to hunt while they joined in Stitches dance party

266.jpg

268.jpg

The dance parties were one thing we missed at our last MNSSHP so we definitely wanted to hit at least one of them this time. While they danced, I continued to seach for the elusive toothbrushes. I never did find them :sad2:

But there was no time to waste so we headed over to....

Fantasyland-ish

But we were stopped by a line at the teacups. Snow White's line was already forming. I knew from reading the DISboards that this line gets long quick and it's really the only time you are getting a pic with Snow White and the 7 Dwarves. So we jumped in the line. Aisling and I waited while we sent Randy on snack duty. Randy searched all through Fantasyland and Toontown and oddly, no popcorn vendors were out. Randy and I hadn't eaten at Casey's so were mighty hungry at this point. Aisling played with glowsticks during the wait

278.jpg

Snow White's line took up a giant chunk of time but it was WELLLLLLL worth it. This Snow White was amazing. And the Dwarves were really cute. Aisling was in her glory. It totally made up for the less-than-magical Snow White on Aisling's birthday (the day before but given how long this TR is taking me to write- it seems so long ago!!! ;) :rotfl:). She went on and on about Aisling outfit and scolded the dwarves for being silly. I can't say enough about how fab she was.

279.jpg

280.jpg

281.jpg

282.jpg

Snow White herself urged Randy and I to jump in a picture. Now I'm not particularly fond of families who take up a ton of time when there is a long line but since she insisted ;)

283.jpg

Here are the PP pics of the same encounter

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

We continued through Fantasyland to Cinderella's Carriage. Another thing we had missed last year.

299.jpg

m7.jpg

From the carriage, we could hear the first parade starting. We had already made the decision to watch the 2nd parade so we decided to hit up some more rides

Along the way, Aisling stole my soda. Perhaps the child needed a little caffeine as we were running her ragged??? ;) :rotfl: (Aisling is NOT allowed soda so she loves to try to sneak it at WDW!)

298.jpg

She also played some glow in the dark hopscotch with CMs!

292.jpg

After she had hopped to her heart's content- it was time to ride the scariest ride in all of MK!!!!!!

Aisling’s costume is perfect! I have a similar photo of Space Mountain while it was under construction. I also did not find the Star Wars toothbrushes. I thought it was because our party started in the rain and maybe they moved them indoors somewhere. Your interactions and photos with Snow White are amazing! Only the dwarves were out when we were there and that was when we lost Tyler. He was later found and since he was the last child in line he got to high five each dwarf on their way off. Cinderella’s carriage photos are fantastic. The line was too long so we skipped those. Aisling looks so happy in all of the pictures! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter