A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

I have Rihanna stuck in my head now. Eh eh eh.

I honestly like the skirt all the way on the right the best because I like the progression of the dark blue down to the teal. But as the president of the "ahhhhh shooooorts....nooooo" club of America but also a new low-ranking member of the "ok, shorts aren't so scary, it's gonna be fine, everyone calm down, I'm wearing shorts" club ...I gotta say you look cute in your rain shorts and as long as they feel comfortable you have nothing to worry about their appearance. But feeling comfy is a big thing with running, so go with that first and foremost but don't let fear of how you look in them stop you. Cause girl you are cute!

Also don't copy and paste this post into my journal the next time I freak out about if I should wear shorts of not.

(summer is coming)

I have Rihanna stuck in my head now. Eh eh eh.
:teeth:
I honestly like the skirt all the way on the right the best because I like the progression of the dark blue down to the teal. But as the president of the "ahhhhh shooooorts....nooooo" club of America but also a new low-ranking member of the "ok, shorts aren't so scary, it's gonna be fine, everyone calm down, I'm wearing shorts" club ...I gotta say you look cute in your rain shorts and as long as they feel comfortable you have nothing to worry about their appearance. But feeling comfy is a big thing with running, so go with that first and foremost but don't let fear of how you look in them stop you. Cause girl you are cute!
Madame President! :rotfl2: Thank you for the kind words, that means a lot. I definitely had a low self-esteem moment...I am my own worst critic. :(

Still leaning toward the shorts...I think. Maybe. :scratchin
Also don't copy and paste this post into my journal the next time I freak out about if I should wear shorts of not.
MWAHAHAHAHA *makes mental note* :banana:
(summer is coming)
That's what I hear...I'll believe it when I see it!
Shorts are friends not foes*

*Imagine this said by Bruce, the shark in finding Nemo
EEEEEE yes. I'm imagining them singing it like in Finding Nemo: :thumbsup2The Musical!!
That is too perfect
Score one for @ZellyB! :banana:

It's times like these that I feel like I am among my people. ::yes:: :grouphug:

I'm right there with you - both on the debating and on needing to save! All I know for sure is I definitely want to do the 10K and marathon, just not sure about the other two. :confused3[/QUOTE

My BRF is really pushing the marathon so I think I will attempt it, even if it's a one and done. What better place to run one than Disney! I like the 10K and Marathon idea. Then there's a day to rest. I think it would be a different type of trip if I did Dopey. I'd really have to stay out of the parks and rest my legs...and I'm not very good at that!

My BRF is really pushing the marathon so I think I will attempt it, even if it's a one and done. What better place to run one than Disney! I like the 10K and Marathon idea. Then there's a day to rest. I think it would be a different type of trip if I did Dopey. I'd really have to stay out of the parks and rest my legs...and I'm not very good at that!
It's definitely a great place to run a marathon, especially for those of us who are runners AND Disney fans! :) It is definitely another level of commitment to go from half marathon to marathon training, I will say that.

YES, it is a different type of trip when you're doing Dopey!! It's way, way less park time, for sure - that was something that I knew and accepted going into it, but it was still sort of a bummer. And by the night of the 10K/morning of the half marathon, I was SO tired...I just wanted it to be done! I think if/when I do it again I'd definitely work on getting up earlier the week before the trip so I could adjust my bed times, because I didn't do that during Dopey and it caught up to me.

This morning, I'm not sure what I'm leaning toward regarding 10K/marathon vs. Dopey. It won't change how I train for it very much, but the weekend itself would be VERY different. :confused3

This morning, I'm not sure what I'm leaning toward regarding 10K/marathon vs. Dopey. It won't change how I train for it very much, but the weekend itself would be VERY different.

Go Dopey for sure! Isn't it also the 5th anniversary of the Dopey? Think of the bling haul on that weekend! :yay: I'm definitely planning on it - a little worried that I won't be able to get in with everyone also wanting to do the 2018 Dopey but I'm going to try! As of now, I'm not planning on doing any rD races in 2017 to save $ for the 2018 Dopey since that does take a big bite out of the CC - not just the registration fee, but the hotel, park tix, travel, pet boarding...you know!

Go Dopey for sure! Isn't it also the 5th anniversary of the Dopey? Think of the bling haul on that weekend! :yay: I'm definitely planning on it - a little worried that I won't be able to get in with everyone also wanting to do the 2018 Dopey but I'm going to try! As of now, I'm not planning on doing any rD races in 2017 to save $ for the 2018 Dopey since that does take a big bite out of the CC - not just the registration fee, but the hotel, park tix, travel, pet boarding...you know!
Yes it is!!! 5th anniversary of Dopey and 10K, and 25th marathon. Which is why EVERYONE wants to do it!!

Part of me thinks I'd be happy sticking with the 10K + marathon, but part of me thinks I'd regret not doing Dopey that year. :confused3 And like you, I'd be nervous I wouldn't even get in. I guess if I didn't I'd get a bib through ASPCA...

But yeah, it would be SO expensive. I'm a deluxe resort snob so I know I'd rent DVC points, so that's $$$. Then registration. Possibly pet boarding (depending on whether Mr. A makes the trip too)...park tix, like you said. I think (*THINK*) I'm getting to the point where I don't feel like I need ALLLL of the merchandise, so at least I wouldn't be spending as much there...:confused3 I just don't know!!

Yes it is!!! 5th anniversary of Dopey and 10K, and 25th marathon. Which is why EVERYONE wants to do it!!

Part of me thinks I'd be happy sticking with the 10K + marathon, but part of me thinks I'd regret not doing Dopey that year. :confused3 And like you, I'd be nervous I wouldn't even get in. I guess if I didn't I'd get a bib through ASPCA...

If you're really worried about getting in for 2018, you can register for 2017 and hope they have deferrals again. If they don't, well, then you've got another trip to Florida. :)

If you're really worried about getting in for 2018, you can register for 2017 and hope they have deferrals again. If they don't, well, then you've got another trip to Florida. :)
Oh man, I wonder how many people will be doing that this year?? :scratchin And then you KNOW the deferrals will fill in, like, a minute. Or they'll stop offering them!

Pre-Orders For A Cause - INKnBURN Race for Reese

So...just saw this on Facebook and thought I'd post here, because I think it's so awesome.

INKnBURN is doing a re-release of one of their classic designs, Healing Mandala. They've called a few other pieces that same name, but this particular tech shirt (Blue Healing Mandala) is an exact design that they used to produce for men only, except now it is blue. It's up for pre-order until Monday, April 25 at 8AM PST in girls, boys, women's and men's sizing.
25841873854_76a5539e06.jpg
26354414972_99f5bc1bbf.jpg

My thought process when I saw these went a little something like this...

"Wow, that's cool!"
"Wow, a pre-order for kids AND adults, that's pretty unusual!"
*looks at the back of the shirt* "...wait, what's 'Race for Reese?'"

Then I actually read the description of the shirt...

"The circular design on this Women's Dry I.C.E. Tech Shirt is said to promote healing. We are offering an updated version of this INB classic in honor of a very brave young man who has recently been diagnosed with bone cancer. 12-year-old Reese Imhoff loves baseball, la crosse and is a tough fighter. We will be donating 50% of the proceeds from the sale of each shirt to help Reese and his family get through this difficult time together. A beautiful shirt to own as reminder to keep balance and healing energy in your own life, but even better to know you are helping a young warrior through a fight that no one should have to face, especially at such a young age!"

Let's be honest - I was going to order the shirt anyway, but after reading the above...well, it's a no-brainer. I LOVE that they do stuff like this (they did a similar release where $10 of every shirt sold went to 2 Ambassadors that were fundraising for Colon Cancer research) - and man, 50% of each shirt donated! That's pretty good, especially for a small company.

Mr. A is getting a shirt, too - maybe this will be what we wear to match for the Wine & Dine 10K? :)

So yeah...just wanted to post here. It's a really awesome shirt, and for such a great cause. Poor kiddo!!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Tinker Bell 15K Training - Week 6
Monday, April 11 - Sunday, April 17, 2016
10 miles completed!!!

DOUBLE DIGITS WOOOOO :banana:

Monday, April 11 (lifting)

Back to my normal schedule this week! In switching the days last week I found that it really messed with my head as far as knowing what day it was (I kept thinking it was Friday when it was actually Saturday since I lifted and went to yoga - not fun!!), so I'm glad to get back to normal.

I woke up with sooooore hamstrings this morning - still sore from lifting/yoga on Saturday! Boo. But lifting today went okay, so woohoo for that.

This is sort of going to be a less-than-ideal week for me - the Darkside races are this weekend, and my 3 BFFs will be there...I will not (trying to restrain myself in light of other trips I have planned). I'm trying not to be a baby about it because I am lucky that I have a LOT of Disney coming up over the next year...but at the same time I wish I could be there with my BFFs!! :sad: I miss them!

On the bright side - OMG tonight's Disney Night on Dancing With The Stars! :hyper: Mr. A thinks it's funny how excited I am...BUT IT'S DISNEY NIGHT!! The cheese factor will be off the charts and I am HERE for that. ::yes::

Tuesday, April 12 (2-mile run)

Unwelcome surprise at the gym today - there was a sign posted saying that the locker room was going to be closed for some maintenance from 8-8:15. :mad: Normally I am leaving the locker room around 8:15 (something I want to work on - getting to, and leaving, the gym earlier*) so this was an issue for me. I did not see said sign posted yesterday...a little advanced notice would have been nice. Ah well.

So with that in mind, I decided to switch my 2- and 3-mile runs this week. Today I upped my running intervals to 2:30 and did those at a 10:20/mile pace. Total time for this run was 23:09, 11:34ish/mile pace. Definitely happy with that!

I wore my new Ella tank and Water shorts today and liked them. I like running in the shorts but I think I like running in the skirts better, so that was making me think about what to wear for the Tink 10K (since my original plan was to wear the shorts). Hmmm...

And with the shorter run I was leaving the locker room at about 8:02, just as the maintenance guy was arriving. Success!

*Seriously, I need to be better about this. I need to start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier - but I don't get enough sleep as it is (about 7 hours on a good day). My alarm goes off at 5 but then I snooze for 45-60 minutes, which is a SUPER bad habit I'd like to break. Not sure how to do that though since I don't think straight when I'm half asleep and my phone doesn't let me set the snooze time (the default is 9 minutes...I feel like shorter snooze times would encourage me to wake up faster). Maybe I'll set multiple alarms (one at 5, one at 5:03, etc.) and see how that works. And try to get to bed earlier than 10:30 (which is about when I've been getting to bed lately, and is actually an improvement for me).

Also, I watched Disney Night last night on Dancing With The Stars - NO FROZEN SONGS?! :faint: I am truly shocked.

Wednesday, April 13 (lifting)

Things are getting iffy over here! Yesterday afternoon I was sitting at my desk and I started to feel TERRIBLE - congested, sort of a woozy feeling in my head, etc. It was tough to focus on anything. I ended up going to bed around 10 (early for me) and kept waking up starting at about 4:30...debating on whether I wanted to go to work but skip the gym, stay home, or go to the gym AND to work.

Gym and work won out since I was awake anyway and felt somewhat okay - lifting was okay and I actually felt better once I was done. The gym was CROWDED though - the most crowded I've seen it in awhile. Hate that! My head feels better, but still not normal, and the congestion is still there, but not as bad. My throat feels crazy dry, despite chugging water all day. I could feel some sinus pressure, so I took some Sudafed (which hasn't really kicked in yet). Not sure if this is the beginning of a cold, or allergies, or what...or maybe I just needed more sleep (see yesterday's sleep rant)? But I don't like it!!

Thursday, April 14 (3-mile run)

TOUGH run today. Last night I was in bed by 10 with my cold or whatever it is I have going on...I was OUT. I got a solid 7.5 hours of sleep, which is pretty good for me, but I still feel wiped. Good thing it's almost the weekend!

For some reason, I decided I wanted to wear capris for this run. Even though the cardio room at the gym is always like a sauna. So between that and a little slugishness from this bug or whatever, I struggled. The first 10 minutes were fine, the second 10 minutes got tougher, and the rest of it was just counting the minutes until it was over!

Total time: 34:57, 11:39/mile pace

Friday, April 15 (lifting)
In the interest of trying to get rid of this crud that I have, I decided to give my body a break today. Yoga is always what is on the chopping block if I want to eliminate something for the week, and that's what happened today. My streak of not missing yoga is over! I did lift though.

And as @girliea pointed out, INKnBURN used a picture of me in their email blast this week, so that was cool! I know that's what I agreed to as an Ambassador, but somehow I never thought they'd actually use a picture of lil' ol' me...
26217144610_40cb9375e8.jpg

Funny thing - the woman in the Phoenix tech shirt in that picture actually lives in my town! What are the chances of that?! I pointed this out to her on Facebook and we're planning on meeting for coffee on Sunday...somewhat serendipitous since I'm feeling a little blue that my BFFs are in Disney without me this weekend! Yay for new friends. :)

Other weekend happenings: Season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt streaming on Netflix. Yeehaw!

Saturday, April 16 (5-mile run)
WOO, DOUBLE DIGITS FOR THE WEEK! :hyper:

I am SO glad to have gotten this run done! For whatever reason, in my mind, 5 miles was a big hurdle to get over in my "comeback," and I am so happy that it went well!

I think the weather helped - weather in the low 60s. FINALLY it feels like spring here! I wore my Ella tank again (don't worry, I washed it after Tuesday), but this time with the Chameleon skirt and liked it. I think I'm going to wear the shorts next weekend and make the final call on what to wear for the 10K. Or just bring both with me and make my mom decide for me in California (3 weeks from TODAY!!!). :upsidedow

Also, I ran in sleeves today for the first time and I really liked them! I was a little chilly at the start of the run and was glad to have them on. About 1.5 miles in I felt warmed up, so I just took them off and stuck them in my skirt pockets.
26217143750_0cb57c2ced_z.jpg

I stuck to running 2:30/walking 1:00 intervals. I felt pretty good for most of the run and it seemed to FLY by. I went on a loop in my town that I know is about 5.2 miles, so I really made an effort not to look at my watch for the majority of the run (I held out until mile 4.5). I think that helped a lot - I wasn't worried about my pace as much that way. Funny thing, once I looked at the watch I started to struggle! The last 0.5 miles were tough...I guess I'm still really building my endurance back up. Good thing I'm not doing the Tink Half!

Total time for this run: 57:59, 11:35/mile pace. Not bad!! I'm not sure what I want to do with my intervals yet - keep them at 2:30/1 for another week or move up to 2:45/1? Maybe I'll try 2:45/1 for the shorter runs and see how that goes.

Also today: BASEBALL! Ahhhhh.
25885105554_2c3d64b1aa_z.jpg

Sunday, April 17 (Rest)
Rest day! Met up with my new friend for coffee this morning, which was really fun - we talked for 3 hours (about INKnBURN and running...mostly about INKnBURN)!! Yay for new friends. :) And I got texts from my BFFs after the half this morning - they survived! :lovestruc

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Sounds like a good training week! Too bad you had to stop your yoga streak, but better to listen to your body when it needs rest! I hate when colds get in the way of training plans!

I was excited about Disney night on DWTS too! That show is so ridiculous but I love it. It's my favorite treadmill show! :) and I was so so happy to see Kimmy Schmidt return! I'm about 5 episodes in, and I giggled like crazy when the musical, "Daddy's Boy" made a return! :rotfl2:Such a funny show.

Crazy that you go to CA in three weeks! I'm so excited for all you running Tink weekend! :cheer2: I just realized that Tink weekend is when I'm taking my kids to San Diego for a long weekend. I'm not going to lie, I wish I could just drive up to Anaheim and run in it!

How fun to meet a fellow InknBurn ambassador! I love when running brings people together!

Another solid training week in the books. Sorry that you ended up with some crud though. Boo! :( Smart plan to give your body a break though.

I love me some DWTS - in particular Disney night. I'm a total sucker for that show.

Awesome action running shot in Ella and Chameleon skirt. I love how they look together. I'd say take both to California and make a go-time decision. THREE WEEKS!!!!!

Glad you got the chance to meet another InknBurn ambassador. 3 hours for a first time meeting!! You guys clearly hit it off. New friends are so much fun.

The weather looks beautiful there. Maybe spring has FINALLY arrived???

Sounds like a good training week! Too bad you had to stop your yoga streak, but better to listen to your body when it needs rest! I hate when colds get in the way of training plans!
Me too!! Oftentimes I feel better after exercising but I just didn't have it in me to go to yoga...seemed like a monumental task. :confused3
I was excited about Disney night on DWTS too! That show is so ridiculous but I love it. It's my favorite treadmill show! :) and I was so so happy to see Kimmy Schmidt return! I'm about 5 episodes in, and I giggled like crazy when the musical, "Daddy's Boy" made a return! :rotfl2:Such a funny show.
It's the cheesiest show ever. Initially I only started watching because Shawn Johnson was on one season, but I've been hooked ever since then!

I have to confess - we finished season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt already! We agreed that we liked season 1 better but it was still really good.
Crazy that you go to CA in three weeks! I'm so excited for all you running Tink weekend! :cheer2: I just realized that Tink weekend is when I'm taking my kids to San Diego for a long weekend. I'm not going to lie, I wish I could just drive up to Anaheim and run in it!
I know! I don't think it's hit my quite yet that the trip is getting so close!

We did the drive from Anaheim to San Diego and it wasn't too bad...just sayin'. ;)
How fun to meet a fellow InknBurn ambassador! I love when running brings people together!
Me too! It was super fun! :)
Another solid training week in the books. Sorry that you ended up with some crud though. Boo! :( Smart plan to give your body a break though.
Me too! It's, like, 98% gone by now, thankfully.
I love me some DWTS - in particular Disney night. I'm a total sucker for that show.
Ahhh, me too. By now I have dancing pros that I really like (SHARNA :lovestruc) so that almost keeps me around more than the stars...though I was excited to see Jodie Sweetin on this season. But I just love the cheesiness too.
Awesome action running shot in Ella and Chameleon skirt. I love how they look together. I'd say take both to California and make a go-time decision. THREE WEEKS!!!!!
Thanks! Hopefully non of my nerghbors saw me setting that up! :upsidedow

THREE WEEKS!! Like...I know it's almost here, but I don't at the same time.
Glad you got the chance to meet another InknBurn ambassador. 3 hours for a first time meeting!! You guys clearly hit it off. New friends are so much fun.
Definitely! I seriously think that is the longest I have ever talked with a person one-on-one...or at least the longest in a long time. I was tired at the end!
The weather looks beautiful there. Maybe spring has FINALLY arrived???
MAN I HOPE SO!!! :hyper: I'm seeing flowers blooming and birds chirping, sooo...maybe?![/QUOTE]

Yay double digit running!!!

I think I may be the only person in the world who doesn't care about Disney Night on DWTS. I really can't muster up any enthusiasm at all for DWTS, even on Disney Night. I did not watch it.

So ... I did not realize that you were in the InB email, so I had to go back and look again when you said that. And then I saw it. Yay for being famous!

Yay for a 5 mile run ... I kinda understand 5 miles as a milestone in your recovery (it's one of those nice numbers that just seems super special), and it's awesome that you reached that distance! Go Shannon!
And yay baseball! I've been so busy over the past few weeks that baseball season hasn't really hit me yet. It's weird, because normally I'm all about the baseball, but I'm really not thinking about it at all. I'm weird.

And special yay for new running friends! It's awesome that your love of INKnBURN made you a new friend!

Yay double digit running!!!
:yay: Feels like I've hit a milestone over here!
I think I may be the only person in the world who doesn't care about Disney Night on DWTS. I really can't muster up any enthusiasm at all for DWTS, even on Disney Night. I did not watch it.
I mean...it's just SO ridiculous. It's just over the top. Crazy, shameless synergy. I don't know why I love that show, I just do. It's a good escape, I guess, but I get that it's not for everyone!
So ... I did not realize that you were in the InB email, so I had to go back and look again when you said that. And then I saw it. Yay for being famous!
I truly don't think I would have realized I was there if it hadn't been pointed out to me. From now on I'll make sure to read the ENTIRE email!
Yay for a 5 mile run ... I kinda understand 5 miles as a milestone in your recovery (it's one of those nice numbers that just seems super special), and it's awesome that you reached that distance! Go Shannon!
Ahhh, I think you're right - 5 is a "nice" number. Maybe that's why I had built it up so much!

You're an awesome cheerleader...thank you. :
And yay baseball! I've been so busy over the past few weeks that baseball season hasn't really hit me yet. It's weird, because normally I'm all about the baseball, but I'm really not thinking about it at all. I'm weird.
I know you're a fan! I actually thought of you because the game I went to was against the Mets - I know you're a Yankee fan though (so I made the New York connection, at least).
And special yay for new running friends! It's awesome that your love of INKnBURN made you a new friend!
I think so, too! :) I am not super great at making friends (shy) so I'm glad I had some help with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter