Timeshare question..dining for five days not 7?

ammag

DIS Veteran
Hi all, my friend is booked at Saratoga springs in September but it was not through DVC, some other timeshare company. The issue is she plans to stay five days not 7 and she wants the dining plan, seems like she cannot get it unless she pays for the seven days.

I am wondering if there is any way to make this work? Thanks!

The only way to do that is to have two separate reservations. If she has a single room reservation she must get the dining plan fo rthe full 7 nights (you pay per night, not per day). And I'm guessing because this is a timeshare exchange that she has no option other than to book 7 nights.

Last edited:
She'll likely save money by not doing the dining plan anyway....and get to choose exactly what she wants to eat.

Sounds like she got an RCI exchange (or rented one). She can only purchase the dining plan for the length of stay. There's no way around it.

If she wants the plan for convenience sake, just tell her to do a couple signatures, plan a TS breakfast/lunch and dinner on the same day, use extra QS for breakfast or exchange for snacks to take home.

Ok thanks, I already tried it talk her out of the dining plan but she insists it will pay off. Guess she can't get it now!

Hi all, my friend is booked at Saratoga springs in September but it was not through DVC, some other timeshare company. The issue is she plans to stay five days not 7 and she wants the dining plan, seems like she cannot get it unless she pays for the seven days.

I am wondering if there is any way to make this work? Thanks!
I know I'm a little late on this but as noted, she has to do it for 7 nights for ALL who will be there during the time. But depending on the timing of arrival and departure, they might be able to get 6 days out of it. Also, They could use up extra credits for the basic or deluxe plan as recommended by doing restaurants that require 2 credits per meal. I'd suggest they look at the basic plan with 1 table service and 1 quick service per person along with one mug and one snack per person per day. It shouldn't be too difficult to use up the credits in 5-6 days in that situation, the deluxe is not likely to be a reasonable option. And depending on the mix of kids/adults, it's possible it will save money wasting a day or 2 worth of credits though unlikely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter