timeline for DVC ownership via resale after closing

snoopy352

Mouseketeer
So the lady at the title company told me that today she completed the closing and that the transfer documents are on their way to DVC. Is this now the time that can take 2-5 weeks before i get the packet in the mail? Or is there another step before it even begins that timeline???

Also, I read the thread about calling DVC admin and selecting option #3 and hoping to get a nice CM to get the member number. Is that something I can do early next week or should I allow more time?

TIA

Mine was an add-on so not exactly the same as yours but you should be able to call around 14 days to get your logon info.

Ours was available 13 days later by phone, took 20 days to get number by mail. April 2015

For us, it was 12 days between when our contract showed up on the Orange County website (http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/?) to the day my account was created in the system. I used option 3 to get Accounting to get the original number. Then that cast member transferred me to another division that handles the online issues to get me setup with the initial login.

Just be aware I've seen multiple people report as of late that they were unable to get a cast member to give them their account number. They were told to wait for the packet. For us, that packet came at the 3 week mark. For reference, that was in January.

Mine was recorded on the Orange County website on 16th March and I received the number by post (in the UK)
15th April. Considering my Offer was accepted on 27th November and thats when I paid the deposit, the last part went quite quick!
Now I just don't seem to have any points available for the next three years according to the website. I start with 150, still available is 0, available to borrow is 0, so now have to find out what thats all about. I would have liked to borrow from 2016 for a stay early December 2015, but at the moment I have no points available, is that because I bought resale?

Mine was recorded on the Orange County website on 16th March and I received the number by post (in the UK)
15th April. Considering my Offer was accepted on 27th November and thats when I paid the deposit, the last part went quite quick!
Now I just don't seem to have any points available for the next three years according to the website. I start with 150, still available is 0, available to borrow is 0, so now have to find out what thats all about. I would have liked to borrow from 2016 for a stay early December 2015, but at the moment I have no points available, is that because I bought resale?
What did you buy? How many points are you suppose to have? There is a delay between the account being created and points being loaded, but they should be load d by the time you get the information in the mail. You may need to call to figure out what's going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter