1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Time to Talk PCC 4.0 Meets

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by WebmasterJohn, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Bigbearsg

Bigbearsg Mouseketeer

The Smoking Section Meet

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. suecoppola

suecoppola Earning My Ears

How about a dis bingo? I love bingo and it is a lot of fun..could be a fund raiser with the money for the cards going to give kids the world. Pete and john could give away some cool prizes

4. Disney Enabler

Disney Enabler <marquee><font color=deeppink>It's a great day to

Another game that gets people up and moving around is Bunco. It doesn't take alot of equipment and it sits people in 2 pairs. Once a round of Bunco is completed the pairs move to different tables. It definately would mix people up so they could met other DISers. It would require a room that has tables and chairs. I am sure there are others out there who know more than me about Bunco who could add some info.

Carol
    It's a great day to be alive!!!

5. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

In general, Bunko is a perfect excuse to get together with people and talk & eat. So you're right, Carol, it would be a great meet, as long as we can get food in the room! :rotfl: Really all you need (besides tables & chairs) is a single bell of some sort (I have one!), a set of 3 dice for each table, (I have a few, but I have a feeling we'd need way more!), some paper or pads to keep score on and a whole bunch of pens or pencils. I could help organize this if you're interested, Carol! (Oh, and we'd probably need numbers for the tables, or else the rotation would be too hard with more than 3 tables!)

Sayhello

6. Disney Enabler

Disney Enabler <marquee><font color=deeppink>It's a great day to

I'm game to work with you if this is something John thinks would be good and if he can help us secure a room and a time.

Carol
    It's a great day to be alive!!!

7. sayhello

:thumbsup2 Cool! I wonder if I need to contact John, or if he'll see this here. I think I'll wait a bit & see what he says. :)

Sayhello

8. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

Since we don't know any of the dates or times of any of the podcast events, can some please tell me the cancellation policy for reservations at Palo and Remy?

9. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

excursions, palo, remy and spa appointments must be cancelled online 3 days before we sail to not be charged. After that online booking is blocked and all changes have to be done on the ship and are subject to charge :)

10. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

Thanks Jessica :thanks:

11. mytripsandraces

mytripsandraces DIS Veteran

I think this would have to be organized by the podcast team, because it requires cruise-line contacts, but what about having a DISUnplugged gingerbread house-making session. I know they're usually limited to first-come/first-served, but if the DIS organized it, we might get access for more people to participate and could have people sign up in advance, so they could bring their own additional decorations, if they want. Then we could have a contest for best house. Hopefully, we could do this early enough in the cruise that we could eat the gingerbread house before the end of the cruise, rather than having to leave it on board, because it won't clear customs.

12. paulasillars

paulasillars <font color=green>Body in New Zealand, mind in Wal

I'd like to propose dinner at Topsiders (or whatever its called on the Fantasy) on formal night for those of us who are going super casual for this cruise.

We've done this on the last couple of cruises. Its a nice way to dine with someone other than your regular rotation too.

Anyone interested in this?

13. KarenMom

KarenMom Mouseketeer

I love this idea! I am not a formal person and choose this option on every cruise.

Karen

14. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

If anyone would like to try to arrange a meeting room for a specific meet on the cruise please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I received a tentative room schedule from DCL and I would love to try to work some of these meets into our official schedule.

Thanks
    John

15. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

WOOHOO, John. A tentative schedule from DCL? YAY. :cool1:

I guess it's officially time to get excited. YAY.

16. parrotheadlois

parrotheadlois DIS Veteran

I haven't been to Bunco in many (many) years! Greg even gave me a Bunco game once, so I can bring it if that's what we decide. I'm sure it has dice and score sheets - I'll have to try to dig it out and see what's in there - sounds like fun! :thumbsup2

17. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

If we have a bunco meet I am down. I have been wanting to learn how to play

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

18. wdwscout

wdwscout <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Me too! I have always wanted to learn how to play this!

19. sayhello

I also have Bunco supplies (when my Bunco group at work fell apart, I was left holding the bag!) It has some dice, score sheets and a bell. How much stuff we need depends on how many people are going to play.

I guess I get to teach... Although I've found that every Bunco group seems to have it's own set of rules!

Sayhello

20. paulasillars

paulasillars <font color=green>Body in New Zealand, mind in Wal

Its a date then :) and anyone else is of course welcome to come along.

We are main dining so how about 6.15pm - meet outside Cabanas?

21. parrotheadlois

parrotheadlois DIS Veteran

OK, I found my "Deluxe" Bunco stuff.

It contains 1 large fuzzy pink die

a bell

some dice

scoresheets

Between "SayHello"s supplies and mine, perhaps we'll have enough.
    How many people are interested?

And "SayHello" will be the Bunco instructor. ;)