Time for Atlantis and Dolphin Encounter?

RMARZOLF72

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about things to do once we get to Nassau and my two girls ages 7 and 8 really want to do the dolphin swim. It is very expensive at $165 per person (plus I have to pay for an adult to go too!). I am going to try and talk them into doing just the encounter for 1/2 the price! :rolleyes1 Anyway, I was also looking at the Atlantis Resort. It looks so impressive. I was thinking it might be fun to go there and tour the aquariums which I understand is about $25 pp. Is there time to do all that? For those that have done these things, do you reccomend them? I want to keep this as inexpensive as possible.

I have done the encounter twice - once with and 8 year old and then the following year with the 8 year old (then 9) and a 12 year old. Expensive - yes (especially since I had to pay to go with them). Worth it? - You bet ... it was the highlight of each trip!

Memories like that are worth any amount you can afford to spend.

It depends on how long you are in port. Blue lagoon island is quite a haul out of of Nassau. Atlantis is near where you leave and catch the water ferry .

Mr. Bill said:
I have done the encounter twice - once with and 8 year old and then the following year with the 8 year old (then 9) and a 12 year old. Expensive - yes (especially since I had to pay to go with them). Worth it? - You bet ... it was the highlight of each trip!

Memories like that are worth any amount you can afford to spend.

I have to agree 100% on this. I took my mother a few years back and she still talks about getting to swim with the dolphins. She will tell anyone who is going to Nassau to do the Dolphins.

It's one of those things that kids from 2 to 92 enjoys.

As for doing them both. Now that will be tough!! We did the 1pm time (not sure if that is still offered) but it was after dark when we got back to the boat. I remember we had about 45 minutes to shower and get ready for our formal night. :rotfl2: 3 women in a tiny cabin. It was a hoot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter