Time Between Closing and Receipt of Points?

Silver19

Avocado Margarita
I'm sure I could dig through the posts here and get a good idea of how long I'll have to wait after the closing of my BWV purchase (4-23) and the date that I get the points and make a reservation. But I thought I'd ask everyone to opine here instead. :)

I am an existing DVC member, so I already have an account on the DVCmember website. Would my points show up there immediately upon my recognition as the holder of the new contract? Or will I get something by mail? Or should I call somewhere and beg? Any tips?

I'm sure I could dig through the posts here and get a good idea of how ling I'll have to wait after the closing of my BWV purchase (4-23) and the date that I get the points and make a reservation. But I thought I'd ask everyone to opine here instead. :)

I am an existing DVC member, so I already have an account on the DVCmember website. Would my points show up there immediately upon my recognition as the holder of the new contract? Or will I get something by mail? Or should I call somewhere and beg? Any tips?

I am wondering the same thing Silver! But, we haven't closed yet. Already sent our part of the closing paperwork in - so waiting on the sellers now. We are also members already. From my understanding the timeframe should be somewhat faster but who knows.

I'm sure I could dig through the posts here and get a good idea of how ling I'll have to wait after the closing of my BWV purchase (4-23) and the date that I get the points and make a reservation. But I thought I'd ask everyone to opine here instead. :)

We bought AKV last September and our points showed up about 9 days after we closed in our account. It took about 3 weeks from ROFR waiver to close.

I bought a Resale contract last year and the points showed in my account in only 7 days, I was very pleased.

I have recently closed on another resale 4/17 and they haven't appeared yet but I do keep checking! Hopefully they will arrive soon.

We just closed last month on a 100 point AKV add on. Here was our timeline:
1/19-1/20- Made offer and negotiated (settled on $66/point for 100 AKV Aug UY)
1/21- contract e-mailed and signed and sent back with escrow check
1/22- got e-mail that contract sent to ROFR
2/20- passed ROFR
2/27- closing docs received, signed and overnighted back with final payment
2/28- our docs and payment received by closing company
3/8- deed recorded on orange county website (I did not look this up until 3/18 though)
3/11- notified by broker that we closed
3/19- see AKV showing up on DVCmember.com under our existing membership (HH points) in the morning and w/in a few hours points were loaded. We booked a Xmas trip by 3pm (2BR and studio at AKV-Kadani).
3/25- got letter with member # (which we already knew)

New timeline:
4/17-4/18 made offer through www.DVCbyresale.com and negotiated (settled on $60/point with sellers paying annual dues and 1/2 of closing costs for 50 HH Aug UY)
4/19 contract e-mailed and signed and overnighted with escrow check (for full amount owed)
4/24 got e-mail that docs and check was received and contract sent to ROFR

Thanks for the replies. I'll start checking the website daily next week, I guess.

Assuming that you bought the same UY and that you are taking title legally the same as your master contract, you will skip the account generation and log on mailing delay.

:earsboy: Bill

Already a member and it took 11 days from closing to having the points loaded. This is a second contract for a different resort and UY. Additional member number showed in the morning. The points were available that evening and used to book a trip in September.

We closed a week ago...waiting for the points to show up in our account!

Received word from title company that our contract closed on Wednesday, April 24th. Will update when our points get loaded and how long it takes. Hopefully, not too long. I am hoping to be able to book at BWV in January now. We just changed our plans from March 2014 to January 2014. I may need pixie dust to get in then.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter