TimandLesley Take On Disneyland - We're BACK BABY! Update 10/9

Hi, in the rooms when you press a button on the night stand it plays "When you Wish Upon a Star" and the headboards light up in white LED fireworks, it's a cute little show, just love it and can't wait to show Tim and the kids. Yes, I've read a lot about the package, we will get there early to get the curb spot : )

Thanks! I knew about the button on the nightstand to play the music but wasn't certain what you meant. I thought you meant something else (like stands at night literally at Disneyland to watch Wishes lol).

Last edited:
Sorry it took me a little bit to get over here but thanks for the shout out on fb. I am excited to follow along.

Welcome back!!! So excited to see you here! I was just thinking about you the other day ! How could your kids be so grown up already? I remember Lauren at 3 yrs old. I'm looking forward to your trip! Who do you work with?

LOVED The DL hotel when I stayed there last year. I was shooting for GC in July but it was out of budget with the end of the year trips we have booked. I booked off site at one of the hotels off Harbor (Grand Legacy) I'm bummed we can't stay on property, but we'll be enjoying Napa Rose and Trader Sams for sure!!

joining in!! So excited that you are back!

YAY! Thanks for joining us again : )

Tim's transformation is amazing!! He looks like a completely different person!
I'm sure he is an inspiration to everyone!

I've never been to Disneyland so I can't wait to hear about every single detail! My DH spent one day there as a child but I'm sure it has changed a lot since then! We hope to make it there someday!

Does Disneyland have dining plans and packages/discounts like Disneyworld? Do they have FP+? Obviously I know nothing about Disneyland!

Thanks, he has worked very hard, a true inspiration! Disneyland is amazing, so glad you are following along. No, they don't having dining plans like WDW or FP plus. They do have discounts sometimes but it is rare and not as deep as WDW discounts. But I still find it quite affordable personally!

Thanks! I knew about the button on the nightstand to play the music but wasn't certain what you meant. I thought you meant something else (like night stands literally at Disneyland to watch Wishes lol).

Gotcha, sorry for the confusion : )

Sorry it took me a little bit to get over here but thanks for the shout out on fb. I am excited to follow along.

Well, glad you are here : )

I'm looking forward to following along
Happy you are here!

Welcome back!!! So excited to see you here! I was just thinking about you the other day ! How could your kids be so grown up already? I remember Lauren at 3 yrs old. I'm looking forward to your trip! Who do you work with?

Too funny! I know, tell time to slow down for me please : ) I am an agent with **************
LOVED The DL hotel when I stayed there last year. I was shooting for GC in July but it was out of budget with the end of the year trips we have booked. I booked off site at one of the hotels off Harbor (Grand Legacy) I'm bummed we can't stay on property, but we'll be enjoying Napa Rose and Trader Sams for sure!!
Isn't it just great! Napa Rose and Trader Sams are GREAT!!! : ) Sounds like a fun time!

So I left off on our first full day in the parks on doing the Paint the Night package at Blue Bayou for dinner.
For our trip we have 3 days of hopper passes that came with winning my incentive and then 2 days of base tickets. That first day I think I'm using the hoppers so we can explore both parks.
For Day 2 I think we will do base tickets and just spend the day at California Adventure.
TR8.jpg
When I was there last June and we did Night of Color (the show is SPECTACULAR by the way) I learned a lot about the different viewing areas, fast passes for it, etc. At Disneyland parks the night time show fast passes don't count against your ride fast passes or the character meet n' greet fast passes, so you can go first thing and get one for a night time show, then for a ride and then for a character meet n' greet (little tip there). I was lucky enough that my agency sprung for a VIP tour guide one day and we had him for 6 hours
TR9.jpg
He was wonderful and that included sitting in the VIP section for World of Color and Fantasmic that night (oh yeah, MILEY CYRUS was in the viewing area with us that night, CRAZY!)
TR10.jpg

ANYWAY, the reason for me mentioning all of this is I made a note of all of the viewing spots because I knew when I came back with family I wanted a great spot. Obviously VIP is wonderful, in the back and high above the massive crowd below.
TR11.jpg
In the crowd below, picture a big football field of concrete and wall to wall people, it's not really elevated so little kids can't see very well at all. If you dine at Carthay Circle for lunch or dinner you get a reserved spot that is just as high up as the VIP area. SO I DID THAT. Lunch at Carthay Circle it is with reserved seating for World of Color that night, CAN'T WAIT!
I confused someone last installment about my comment on the rooms at Disneyland hotel,
Here is a pic of the beautiful room:
TR2.jpg
Do you see the lamp sitting on the night stand? When, you push a button on it it plays a twinkly version of "When you Wish Upon a Star" and the headboard has LED lights in the castle image with some fireworks, SO PRETTY!!!
TR6.jpg

Anyway, back to our plans:
The third day of the parks I plan on using a park hopper and exploring both parks. I have reservations for Cafe Orleans for dinner that night, looking forward to it!
Remember how I said how much I LOVE Disneyland. Here is a big reason why:
TR 1.jpg
Walt's apartment over the Fire Department, that lamp being on to represent his spirit looking over the park, it brought me to tears the first time I saw it and I can't wait to build memories with my family there.

The Diamond Celebration will still be going on too so looking forward to that too. When I was out last June the fireworks were cancelled both nights I was in the DL park due to wind so looking forward to seeing those too!

Oh, and we will DEFINITELY be frequenting this place quite a bit at night:
TR7.jpg

That is our park plan for the first 3 days. COMING UP NEXT I will share our day out of Disney walls, what that tour includes and our last 2 park days before we leave and what we have planned.
Again, please ask questions, chime in, thanks for following along!!

-TimandLesley

Attachments

• TR4.jpg
    TR4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3
  • TR5.jpg
    TR5.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I am enjoying reading about your plans. They sound wonderful.
I am also taking note of your tips, for our visit (hopefully) in 2018. We are planning another extended family trip.

Loving the plans so far, Lesley! We have been fortunate to visit DisneyLand while working with the Honor Band for the Tournament of Roses Parade. I grow to love both CA parks more and more every time we go! (We get to return for the 2017 parade... yay!!)

Can't wait to hear about the tour guide experience.

Sorry I am so late! I have been so busy with graduation stuff at school. :yay:
Wouldn't miss this fun though!!!:jumping1:

Really enjoying following along. Making notes of all your tips. Hope to get there ourselves in next couple of years. How cool you were in same section as Miley.

Room looks nice. Reminds me of royal rooms at riverside.

Can't wait for more !!:mickeyjum

I'm so excited to see how your plans work out! We are planning our trip for Christmas with 6 grandkids, so our options will be a little more limited, but the fun and magic will still be there!

I'm so excited to see how your plans work out! We are planning our trip for Christmas with 6 grandkids, so our options will be a little more limited, but the fun and magic will still be there!
that will be so exciting! What a magical time of year to visit!

I am enjoying reading about your plans. They sound wonderful.
I am also taking note of your tips, for our visit (hopefully) in 2018. We are planning another extended family trip.
That will be a great trip, thanks for reading along and posting : )

Loving the plans so far, Lesley! We have been fortunate to visit DisneyLand while working with the Honor Band for the Tournament of Roses Parade. I grow to love both CA parks more and more every time we go! (We get to return for the 2017 parade... yay!!)

Can't wait to hear about the tour guide experience.
I remember reading about your Disneyland adventures Susie : ) That's awesome you get to return next year! Thanks for reading along/posting : )

Sorry I am so late! I have been so busy with graduation stuff at school. :yay:
Wouldn't miss this fun though!!!:jumping1:
I totally understand, so glad you are here, wouldn't be the same without you : )

Really enjoying following along. Making notes of all your tips. Hope to get there ourselves in next couple of years. How cool you were in same section as Miley.

Room looks nice. Reminds me of royal rooms at riverside.

Can't wait for more !!:mickeyjum
It was crazy being in the section with Miley : ) I hope you get to go out there too, the parks are so magical. Yes, kind of like Riverside but in a deluxe capacity. The rooms there are so nice : )

I'm in! Can't wait to see what adventures are in store for the Tim and Lesley crew!

I can't believe Tim's transformation. Way to go!

It has been 8 years since I've followed anything...Logged in tonight and saw this...I'm in!

That sounds like a great plan so far. I did not stay in a Disney hotel when I was there because it was an unrelated conference, but if I ever go again I definitely will. The World of Color was beautiful, but I was not comfortable at Fantasmic because of sitting on the ground! Looking forward to hearing more plans.

I'm in! Can't wait to see what adventures are in store for the Tim and Lesley crew!

I can't believe Tim's transformation. Way to go!

Thanks, he has worked hard, he continues to lose weight and get healthier every day, he's truly an inspiration (to myself included).

It has been 8 years since I've followed anything...Logged in tonight and saw this...I'm in!
Wow, we are honored, glad you have come back after 8 years to follow along with us : )

That sounds like a great plan so far. I did not stay in a Disney hotel when I was there because it was an unrelated conference, but if I ever go again I definitely will. The World of Color was beautiful, but I was not comfortable at Fantasmic because of sitting on the ground! Looking forward to hearing more plans.
The World of Color is so great, can't wait for Tim and the kids to experience it.

Hello again friends! So sorry for the delay in this Pre TR, we leave in 13 DAYS!!!!!
The delay was for a good reason though, Tim and I headed to WDW for a couples only trip just the two of us for 3 nights, we stayed at the Grand Floridian and acted like teenagers. here are some pics from that : )

On Magical Express on our way!

timandlesley1.jpg

We enjoyed some lighter crowds in the Magic Kingdom, here we are on my favorite right Splash Mountain:

timandlesley2.jpg

timandlesley3.jpg

Two love birds in front of the castle:

timandlesley4.jpg

O.K, so back to the Pre Trip Report since we are leaving in 13 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

So I left you on our 4th day, which we are going on a Hollywood Tour. This is a tour through the Anaheim Tour Company and is a Hollywood Tour, Warner Brothers Tour, etc. They will pick us up at 8:45 am and return us to the Disneyland hotel at 6:30 pm. LONG day but everyone is looking forward to it. Here are the details of the tour:

About
Warner Bros Studios and Movie Star Homes Tour

This tour combines the most in-depth tour of Hollywood and Beverly Hills plus it includes the 2+ Hour Warner Brothers Studio Tour.

Tour is done in a VAN, which means NEVER MORE THEN 8 GUESTS!

Your Tour includes:

TRANSPORTATION
Round Trip Transportation from your Anaheim Area hotel

Guided Walking Tour
rVr0FLGQSGGLDtDebGc0

Guided Walking Tour of Rodeo Drive and a stop at the Hotel Featured in the Movie Pretty Woman - The Regent Beverly Wilshire

Movie Star Home Tour
gdYlznLTh6HUUXVl6xVe

Featuring 25+ movie star homes from the past and present and also a 20 Minute Walking Tour of the Greystone Manor (House featured as Batman's House, X-Men, There Will be Blood, Witches of Eastwick, Star Trek Into Darkness & more!)

LUNCH - Carney's Train Car
tbdo7WLUSKCggXeue1o7

Lunch Stop at Carney's Train Car (Sheldon from 'The Big Bang Theory's' Favorite Restaurant)

Hollywood & Highland Center
449Geu1RmWCI19ubVYzb

Home of the Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame and Academy Awards! - 30 Minute Stop

Hollywood Sign above Lake Hollywood
8Riy3p4lRJygJcDf7dYu

No one takes you closer to this iconic Sign. Great Photo Opportunity!

Warner Brothers VIP Studio Tour - OVER 2 Hours!
QJ3ydUvCQe6DvMBQNdrL

Go Behind the scenes onto the backlot and onto the sets of some of televisions most popular shows. For Example, Ellen, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike and Matty, the Vampire Diaries and more!

Guided tour of Downtown Los Angeles
E6sqVfCYRYeaTRzOqMXg

C6GXdtKaT1ij7Q2WzSMx

mzDiAk06Tv62cqlZY9lR

1ZXYE4aT9qozDyZG4ylr

Enjoy and explore with your guided tour of Downtown Los Angeles, including the Staples Center, Biltmore Hotel and the Bonaventure Hotel with a ride on the elevators for some great photos above the City!

Tour Details...

You'll Start your tour with a 25 minute guided walking tour on the world famous Rodeo Drive to see the stores where the rich and famous shop including Bijan, Gucci, Prada, Harry Winston Jewelers, and the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel featured in "Pretty Woman". Celebrities are constantly moving in and out of the neighborhood, so bring your camera... you never know who you might see!

You'll go into the lobby of the "Pretty Woman Hotel" with your tour guide and he'll snap your photo in this amazing hotel lobby!

Then, we head to see many Celebrity Homes on our way to Greystone Manor - an incredible Estate (now a public Park) that is an amazing example of a real Beverly Hills Mansion. This is the site of numerous movies including National Treasure, X-Men, Spider Man, There Will be Blood, Rush Hour and more!

On the way into Hollywood, you'll cruise the Sunset Strip and see such infamous locales as The Whiskey A Go Go, Johnny Depp's notorious Viper Room, The House of Blues, the Roxy, The Chateau Marmont, and more!

Then our Lunch Stop is at the Carney's on the Sunset Strip! Home of "Probably the Best Hamburgers and Hot Dogs in the World! Since 1975". This world famous Landmark is a favorite of Locals and Celebrities, alike - Also... Sheldon's FAVORITE restaurant from the TV Show The Big Bang Theory!

From there, it's off to the Chinese Theater, where you'll have about 30 minutes to check the shoe sizes of many stars as you enjoy the forecourt with all the handprints and footprints in cement! Also, stroll the World Famous Walk of Fame, check out the Dolby Theater (home of the Academy Awards) and more.

Then, we go to the scenic overlook above Lake Hollywood and get up-close to the World Famous Hollywood Sign with views all the way to the Pacific! This is an amazing spot where you will be just about as close as you can get to this amazing Landmark! Then, we continue on to Warner Brothers Studios! Because nothing is staged, this is real Hollywood at work, there is no telling what, or who, lucky visitors might encounter. No Maps To The Stars Homes necessary here. Guests are frequently allowed to stand within inches of the action.

Visitors also have an opportunity to explore Hollywood's only studio museum. This remarkable collection of memorabilia from the Studio's rich and celebrated history offers guests an intimate look at the original costumes, props, sets, scripts and correspondence from countless Warner Bros. Studios films and television shows -- materials not before seen by the general public.

Guests on our tour also receive a 20% discount on merchandise within the Studio Store!

Then, after a drive through or around Griffith Park, we finish our tour with an indepth look at Downtown Los Angeles. This includes visits to the Biltmore Hotel, site of many movie shoots as well and the site of the Academy Awards for many years through Hollywood's Golden Age as well as a stop to Ride the Elevators at the Bonaventure Hotel (True Lies, In the Nick of Time, In the Line of Fire and more)!

This is a long day but you will see and experience more here than on any other tour!

So what do you think??????????

Let me know your thoughts on the tour and then I'll do my final Pre Trip installment before we leave wrapping the last 2 park days that I have planned and then we will transfer this to an ACTUAL TRIP REPORT! I can't wait!!!

Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter