Tiffins for lunch - a real hidden gem!!

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
We just tried Tiffins on a whim the other day for lunch now that they've been added to the TIW card. There was no wait - in fact it was half empty. DELICIOUS!!! OMG!!! Our new FAV!! :love: $28 for a choice of 2 items. DH and I both ordered the mussels - they were unlike any mussels we've ever had. Served out of their shells - lightly breaded & fried. They were small but super good. DH ordered the pork tamale - also very tasty and beautifully presented. I ordered the beef short ribs with chimichurri sauce. OUT OF THIS WORLD good!! Large portion too. Everything was served with a side of "jade rice" which was filling and also good. But the rice isn't why you should go. The food is outstanding!! We can't afford dinner there but we'll definitely be back for lunch again on our next trip in January.

We also went back to try out the Nomad Lounge for a small plate lunch at the bar one day since we were so impressed with Tiffins. It was also very good - not AS good as Tiffins but still really good. (Guessing they share a kitchen.) We both shared the African spice rubbed pork ribs with coriander and the Wagyu beef sliders. DH thought the Wagyu beef sliders at the Brown Derby Lounge were better but I liked these a lot too - these were topped with tomato. These may have been slightly smaller - but they were also a lot cheaper ($20 for 2 at the BDL and I think only $14 for 2 at Nomad). We will definitely be back here again sometime as well for a quick sit-down lunch.

great...I will put that on my to do list...thanks for posting it

Thanks for posting. Have been going back and forth on keeping my dinner reservation. This may tip the scales to keep

Thanks for posting. Have been going back and forth on keeping my dinner reservation. This may tip the scales to keep

I wish we could afford dinner but lunch fits our wallet better. Our server said the Wagyu beef served with the short ribs at dinner will melt in your mouth. I can only imagine as good as those short ribs were for lunch.

The restaurant itself was beautiful too. Enjoy!!

So good to hear! We have a lunch reservation for our upcoming trip. Thanks for posting!

I wish we could afford dinner but lunch fits our wallet better. Our server said the Wagyu beef served with the short ribs at dinner will melt in your mouth. I can only imagine as good as those short ribs were for lunch.

The joy of the free dining package. 2 credits but sounds like it may be worth it! I love short ribs and wagyu beef - ahh memories of Hong Kong

The joy of the free dining package. 2 credits but sounds like it may be worth it! I love short ribs and wagyu beef - ahh memories of Hong Kong

No free dining for DVC - but we do get a lot of other benefits (TIW, AP discount, merchandise discounts and of course our accommodations each trip without having to pay rack rate). Enjoy your DDP.

The restaurant itself was beautiful too. Enjoy!!

I had this dish when they first opened- it is as good as your server said! Pricey but worth the occasional splurge. It's a good sized portion- maybe you could split this and an appetizer?

I had this dish when they first opened- it is as good as your server said! Pricey but worth the occasional splurge. It's a good sized portion- maybe you could split this and an appetizer?

If it's that good I won't want to share!! LOL :lmao:

Great to hear. We were going to do the app at the lounge but heard the plates were very small. I think the $28 lunch menu will work for our party.
Do they take TWI? Going off to see if they take TWI.

Great to hear. We were going to do the app at the lounge but heard the plates were very small. I think the $28 lunch menu will work for our party.
Do they take TWI? Going off to see if they take TWI.

They do take TIW now - just added recently. We also went to the Nomad Lounge one day a couple days later for a couple of small plates. Also very good - there were 5 ribs in the African spiced rib plate and only 2 small sliders on the Wagyu sliders. That was enough for the 2 of us for a quick lunch. They took TIW there too.

Would rather do the lounge but worry about getting seating for eight. Was there a lot of seating?

Would rather do the lounge but worry about getting seating for eight. Was there a lot of seating?
The lounge has always been empty whenever I have been there. A lot of people don't realize it is there, because it is located on the pathway leading up to the new Avatar land. it's really quiet at the lounge right now which has usually made a very relaxing get away from everyone around the park and the heat. The lounge is absolutely excellent. The small plates are delicious and the specialty drinks are really good as well. I would consider it a more "pricey" snack, but still a good size portion if you plan a big dinner in the evening and don't want to over eat.

The lounge is set up with mostly low deep seating consisting of large comfy chairs & sofas gathered around sort of coffee tables. There is also a bar AND there is a large oval high top table in the center of the room that would absolutely seat 8. There is only the one but it appeared to work like bar seating - open to whoever wants it. The lounge also extends to an outside deck which has the same type of deep seating with sofas flanked by chairs and low tables in the center of the groupings. For lunch last week we opted to go inside for the AC. At a different time of year or for a cooler day outside would be fun.

Last edited:

It's definitely worth it! I had the Waygu beef for dinner there two weeks ago on the DDP and it was probably the best meal of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!