Tiffany Towncar Tipping

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Snow Wight, May 3, 2001.

1. Snow Wight

Snow Wight ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Is this suffient...

Bad Service $5.00 tip each way

Good Service $8.00 tip each way

Excellent Service $10.00 tip each way

Am I under or over tipping? Please help!

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nats

nats Earning My Ears

I gave $5 each way.

4. Snow Wight

Bumping for more replies.

5. k9disney

k9disney Mouseketeer

$6 each way is 15% so if you use that as your basis I think your thoughts are okay.

6. WDW4ME

WDW4ME Mouseketeer

When the TTC driver picked us up at the airport and we were talking, he said he did not know who would be picking us up for the return trip back as our flight was at 6am so we needed picked up at 4am.

When we arrived at our hotel and I tipped him $10, he then said he would definitely be picking us up for the return trip--and he was even early for the return trip.

7. vwrose14

vwrose14 Mouseketeer

I gave $10 each way I had alot of bags

8. Snow Wight

$10 each way would be 25% gratuity. Is 25% really the going rate for transportation tipping? I was hoping that $10 each way would be too much. But, it seems like that is what most people are tipping.

9. Beverly Lynn

Beverly Lynn comfortably numb

I must confess I keep thinking of "cow tipping " and getting that picture in my head of people tipping the towncar over! LOL I thought 20% was standard for tipping the drivers........

10. Joyce DC

Joyce DC Mouseketeer

I think it depends on a number of factors including the level of service you receive (help with bags in airport and at resort and other things), the number of people being transported, and the amount of baggage. When I've ridden solo with one bag, I've tipped 15 percent. When I've ridden with three others and tons of luggage, I've tipped 20-25%. A round trip costs $80 (without coupons), so 10% is $8. Ten percent to me is the minimum I'd tip unless the service was really subpar.

11. mikamouse

mikamouse Disney & Harleys Rule!!!

I tip 10 dollars for a townar one way and 25 for a limo...unless included in rate.

12. mickeylovers

mickeylovers Earning My Ears

We just booked a Tiffany Limo and they told us the tip was included. But I will feel funny not actually giving the driver a tip. What would you do?

13. JSG

JSG Earning My Ears

How much is the Tiffany limo (roundtrip, trip included)?

14. mikamouse

mikamouse Disney & Harleys Rule!!!

I came right out and asked the driver...so he would not think I was ingorint.....I said.now is the tip included...yes he said with no problem! I felt funny...but I would have rather done that...then not know!

15. peg2001

peg2001 <font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana

I don't understand the concept of tipping for BAD service. If I receive good service, I tip well. If I receive adequate/so-so service, I tip the conventional and standard amount. If I receive bad service, I do not tip and I contact management.

Would anyone here really tip a driver $5 or any amount for bad service?

16. Snow Wight

Yes, I do tip for bad service. I do this because it shows the person that you simply did not forget about their tip, but that the service they provided you was unsatisfactory. Therefore, their tip is a reflection of their poor service.

17. daddysmouse

daddysmouse Jersey Girl thru & thru!!

I need the same info as JSG - prices for transportation to the hotel and back to the airport :( at the end of our trip. What other options are there? Thanks!