Tiffany Towncar. NEVER again.

While I am sorry some have experienced bad service, we have used Tiffany for 4 round trips (MCO to Disney resort) since May 2013 & received excellent, prompt service with friendly, helpful drivers. Most recent time was just last month. That's how they stay in business.

Edit to add: we have also used them many times in the past. Probably 10-12 times with no problems.

While I am sorry some have experienced bad service, we have used Tiffany for (many) round trips (MCO to Disney resort) since May 2013 & received excellent, prompt service with friendly, helpful drivers. Most recent time was just last month. That's how they stay in business..
No, how they stay in business is being better than most of the other guys. It's just a tad more difficult than (heard on Jungle Cruise) in a group running from the charging rhinoceros where all you need to be is second to last.

Sounds like TTC is hit-and-miss on service. Does anyone recommend a different company? We'll need transport for 4 adults to Swan/Dolphin in December. Thanks!

We always use Southern Elegance. Always great service!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for the rec. for other companies.... we need one in the fall, and No matter what some pp's are saying, any company with that many bad reviews doesn't get our business....:confused3

I never dispute or question any reported experience on these boards, if you say it happened to you, it happened. I will, however, add my two cents when discussing a service that has come through for me time and again. We've used Tiffany at least 10 times over the years, sometimes just the 2 of us, once as a party of 8. Not only have we never had a bad experience, a few times we threw them a curveball by screwing up pickup times and locations and they adjusted for us. I'd use them again in a heartbeat and recommend them as quickly.

Bill From PA

Sounds like TTC is hit-and-miss on service. Does anyone recommend a different company? We'll need transport for 4 adults to Swan/Dolphin in December. Thanks!

Search the board. Virtually every company has had some posters reporting "issues". I wonder if some of the "issues" occur when the company has to rely on extra drivers.

I recall a former poster raved about Southern Elegance. My memory is her favorite driver left and the cost was more then the companies typically mentioned.

Posters on DIS what rock bottom rates and a free grocery stop. Most airports car services cost more then a taxi. Think about it. The driver is unlikely to have a customer going to the airport, has to get to the airport in advance of your flight, probably has to pay for access "meet and greet" waiting area and then give you a 30 minute stop.

I'm surprised we don't read more complaints, from more companies.

I never dispute or question any reported experience on these boards, if you say it happened to you, it happened. I will, however, add my two cents when discussing a service that has come through for me time and again. We've used Tiffany at least 10 times over the years, sometimes just the 2 of us, once as a party of 8. Not only have we never had a bad experience, a few times we threw them a curveball by screwing up pickup times and locations and they adjusted for us. I'd use them again in a heartbeat and recommend them as quickly.

Bill From PA

Ditto. We've used Tiffany Towncar many times, in fact we used them last month (May 2014). Our driver Renata was great! :thumbsup2

And I know it's a style preference, but I really don't get bumping year old travel threads. I am aware there are lots of reasons why folks might have a positive or negative travel experience. With that in mind, relatively new information is worth a look to me and I try to read it carefully...old and dated not so much.

Ditto. We've used Tiffany Towncar many times, in fact we used them last month (May 2014). Our driver Renata was great! :thumbsup2

And I know it's a style preference, but I really don't get bumping year old travel threads. I am aware there are lots of reasons why folks might have a positive or negative travel experience. With that in mind, relatively new information is worth a look to me and I try to read it carefully...old and dated not so much.

I have to agree, used Tiffany Towncar 3x last year. Have them booked again for our upcoming trip. Wonderful service! Love Renata.

:sunny::sunny::sunny:

:) I have spoken with Maritza and a nice man several times when making reservations. I usually call 5 weeks out or so and she has called me back when I have left messages. I think one time it was the next day but no problem. Yes, she can have a tone to her voice but so does one of the secretaries I work with. Our supervisors get complaints but she is a good worker and friendly--it is just a voice thing she has. I am not saying something was not handled correctly a year ago.

Our last trip 6 weeks ago. I emailed them and they sent me a confirmation quickly. Before the trip they confirmed it again with email.

We were picked up by Renata, who is adorable and she asks that we call and confirm 24 hours before pick up and hands me a card with their info on it.

Waseem, who I also specifically request drove us back.

These are the only two drivers I have ever requested. I will continue to email them, it was so easy.

So for those who call TT and are put off by Maritza's tone, attitude, whatever...just email them and request Renata and/or Waseem. Maritza doesn't drive the car and you do not have to talk with her if you don't want to.

TT is the only car service we use...and no I do not work for them.

Search the board. Virtually every company has had some posters reporting "issues". I wonder if some of the "issues" occur when the company has to rely on extra drivers.

Excellent point! There are more posters reporting positive experiences with Tiffany than bad. And I'm sorry, but some of the complaints are nit-picky to me. "Parked 6 feet from the curb"??? :confused3 Our drivers have had to park that far away many times, due to other vehicles in the area. No big deal. Park & let me out, I want to get going not sit in the car waiting for a curb side spot to open. The drop off area is about 10-12 feet wide anyway, not like you're dropped off in traffic.

As for the office personal, I too usually reserve on line. I always get a confirmation email quickly after reserving. The day before our trip, I receive a call to confirm our arrival time & info. A few times I have called with questions or to give info. Every call, the woman I spoke with was
courteous & professional.

And I agree, Renata is great!! A little ball of energy! :goodvibes We have used Tiffany so many times, Renata & a few other drivers recognize us now.

As I've said on other threads, we always use a service I've never heard mention of on the boards, Belagio. They have the cheapest price I've found, and the cars are always clean, the dispatcher is pleasant and the drivers are always on time and very courteous. AND we've gotten a couple of free upgrades from Town Car to Limo, which is always a nice way to start your vacation!

I have used TT about 12 times in the past two years and have always had excellent courteous service. I have had to changed return plans several times and have never had an issue. Love their service

Excellent point! There are more posters reporting positive experiences with Tiffany than bad. And I'm sorry, but some of the complaints are nit-picky to me. "Parked 6 feet from the curb"??? :confused3 Our drivers have had to park that far away many times, due to other vehicles in the area. No big deal. Park & let me out, I want to get going not sit in the car waiting for a curb side spot to open. The drop off area is about 10-12 feet wide anyway, not like you're dropped off in traffic.

As for the office personal, I too usually reserve on line. I always get a confirmation email quickly after reserving. The day before our trip, I receive a call to confirm our arrival time & info. A few times I have called with questions or to give info. Every call, the woman I spoke with was
courteous & professional.

And I agree, Renata is great!! A little ball of energy! :goodvibes We have used Tiffany so many times, Renata & a few other drivers recognize us now.

Well if there IS parking at the curb and the driver doesn't take it, leaves your luggage in the road and gets in the van then YES it is a concern. Yes there were cars driving by and other cars going around him to go to the curb. I have young children that had to dodge cars so once again add this to poor customer service and absolutely no concern by the owner of the poor service we rec'd all adds up to me never using them again.

And I pulled up this thread when I got back searching to see if I had missed complaints about tat and obviously I did.

I'm sorry several folks have had a bad experience. We have used them 10+ times and have always had excellent service.

I know this is an older thread but I found it when I was looking for other options besides Tiffany and thought I would share our most recent experience. After our first trip to Disney we discovered Tiffany Towncar and used them on every trip since, I would say at least a dozen times. We mostly used them from the airport to Disney, but there were a number of times we used them to go from Universal to Disney as well. The car's and drivers were always fantastic. Unfortunately the last time we used them I had to get the "woman in the office" involved. As others have stated, she is very difficult to deal with. We had to stop at the Hard Rock on the way to the airport from Disney because I had forgotten my iPad there. The driver said it wouldn't be a problem since he didn't have anyone scheduled for pickup after us until that afternoon, he just had to call it in to the office. I hear the not so friendly woman (who I have dealt with to book the trip many times. She is not very personable, but I haven't had to deal with her other than a booking until now) talking to him like he is a two year old and yelling at him about calling her when clients are in the car. He then explained to us that she was not going to allow him to stop at the Hard Rock. I asked to speak with her and she talked to me the same way, like I was a two year old and it wasn't her problem that I forgot something. After a semi-heated argument she said she would allow it but she was doing me a favor and it wouldn't happen in the future. I asked the driver what her problem was because she always seems to have a bad attitude and his response was "she is from NY and she is very busy". That is still no excuse to be rude.

It seems like as long as you stick with basic point-a to point-b travel and only deal with the driver you will have a great experience. Just don't get the office involved in anything other than booking you reservation. Since the rest of the company has good service I have to assume she is still there because she is related to someone in some way. I can't imagine they would let her deal with customers otherwise.

Perhaps those with less than good experiences need to be sure the company owners know why you won't be using them again. And let them know that you will be posting your less than stellar experience with their company on-line, in various Disney communities.
If the company owners realize that their 'help' is costing them business, things might change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter