**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

Here's a few from my second attempt (I did some last year at this time).....
Can't wait to wear them in 17 days!:woohoo:

Those came out great!! I always seem to come out with a pool of dye on the back of the shirt that doesn't really swirl. I'll be doing 4 new shirts soon for our girls' MouseAdventure team next month, so I'll have to work on that part.

Here are some I did for our family trip to WDW in July:

Photo0148.jpg

Even DS and DH had them!!

Photo0068.jpg

I forgot to put the little bow on DD's shirt in the middle; the one on the left is the last one I did, I think it has a little more equal distribution of the colors and white.

I've read all the way to page 58 tonight.... keep the photos coming.

I'm going to WDW for the holidays and love the red & green shirts! What about doing a Christmas Tree, or stacked presents design or a Santa head design? :santa:

I'd like to also do:

1. Saint's shirt - using a football helmet (black & gold) (Go Saints!)
2. LSU shirt - using a football helmet (purple & gold)
3. Mardi Gras - design? (purple, green & gold).

Any thoughts out there?

Those came out great!! I always seem to come out with a pool of dye on the back of the shirt that doesn't really swirl. I'll be doing 4 new shirts soon for our girls' MouseAdventure team next month, so I'll have to work on that part.

Here are some I did for our family trip to WDW in July:

Photo0148.jpg

Even DS and DH had them!!

Photo0068.jpg

I forgot to put the little bow on DD's shirt in the middle; the one on the left is the last one I did, I think it has a little more equal distribution of the colors and white.

Very nice!! Those shirts look cool! :yay::yay:

OK, it is hard to tie-dye in secret....my kids don't know it, but in one week we are going to wake them up and tell them we are headed to Disney.

So, here are some of my creations. The red is not as red as I would like in this one...I made 4-one for each. My husband said he would wear it even though it's a little pink-ish. Good man!:)
100_6267.jpg

Then I made 4 of this color scheme....tanks with small Mickey's for the girls, T's for the boys.
100_6268.jpg

And then I made one extra for me. I like it, but it has a couple of random green spots....oops!
100_6269.jpg

Thanks for the great instructions!

I always seem to come out with a pool of dye on the back of the shirt that doesn't really swirl. I'll be doing 4 new shirts soon for our girls' MouseAdventure team next month, so I'll have to work on that part.

I know what you mean. I still have a problem getting that perfect "swirl", especially on the back! I grab the mickey head and even walk around the table to curl it up (saw that recommendation on YouTube). But still, my swirl is "lacking".....:confused::rotfl:

I know what you mean. I still have a problem getting that perfect "swirl", especially on the back! I grab the mickey head and even walk around the table to curl it up (saw that recommendation on YouTube). But still, my swirl is "lacking".....:confused::rotfl:

:laughing: Okay, I could totally picture myself walking around the kitchen island doing that!! Maybe that's what I should do...

Quick question, I saw someone mention using A&H Washing Soda instead of buying soda ash. I have a huge box of that so I'm wondering how much I should use. That would definitely save me a few bucks.

And when looking for the dye at Joann's (and Michael's) it looks like they're both going to kits and not carrying as many of the single color dyes in the Tulip brand. So... I'm going to try Dharma... I think I'll like it so much better that I'll wonder why I hadn't done it sooner!! And it seems cheaper, too!

First attempt! I will use more color on others but I'm happy with it. It was a trial run on an old shirt with stains. ;)

I do have a question on your purple/orange tie dye shirts PixieDust32. Do you add any black or that just where the orange and purple mix? TIA :goodvibes

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6905.jpg

the more I look at these pics, the more I really want to try this, but I have a feeling I (and the house, and the cat, and the ferrets, and all the furniture...) would be covered in multicolored splashes. I suppose I'd best stick to the drier crafts ;)

the more I look at these pics, the more I really want to try this, but I have a feeling I (and the house, and the cat, and the ferrets, and all the furniture...) would be covered in multicolored splashes. I suppose I'd best stick to the drier crafts ;)

I did a few shirts and it was fun. I put up a picture of the shirt way earlier in the thread.

My white calico cat got some on her but it was her own fault. She decided to jump on the table and startled me.

I also got my socks and one of the cabinets on the wall and some on the floor. It cleaned up really easy off the floor and cabinets. And the only reason it ended up on those was because the cat jumped on the table. :rotfl:

I can't wait to do more. But next time the year old cat is getting locked into a room while I'm working on it.

I did a few shirts and it was fun. I put up a picture of the shirt way earlier in the thread.

My white calico cat got some on her but it was her own fault. She decided to jump on the table and startled me.

I also got my socks and one of the cabinets on the wall and some on the floor. It cleaned up really easy off the floor and cabinets. And the only reason it ended up on those was because the cat jumped on the table. :rotfl:

I can't wait to do more. But next time the year old cat is getting locked into a room while I'm working on it.

How brave you are to tie-dye inside!
I will only do it outside - I typically make a HUGE mess!:rotfl:

:rotfl2::lmao:

Quick question, I saw someone mention using A&H Washing Soda instead of buying soda ash. I have a huge box of that so I'm wondering how much I should use. That would definitely save me a few bucks.

I posted this a few days ago but no one replied. Pixie, do you know the difference, or is there even one?

It's time for me to do the Christmas shirts - I basted 4 of the 7 tonight (I need to exchange mine and DH and find one for DS first).

I really want to try the bullseye with the mickey head as I'm not sure I love the red and green on spirals (I'm worried they will run and I'll get muck).

Can anyone post or direct me to pics of how to tie the bullseye with the mickey head? I get the general idea but can't figure out how to arrange the shirt first before banding.

Thanks!

Patriotic ♥

IMG_2547.jpg

I LOVE this shirt....so if I am looking at this right after watching my various techniques dvd from the jacquard kit :) Did you scrunch the top and the bottom in different ways and rubber band between but leave mickey as usual? I am thinking this might be a good method for the red and green...so many choices.....:)

Also - I got this jacquard kit that says red but in the video the red looked pretty darn pink - has anyone tried it and is it really red? I"m going to ACM tomorrow to get more dye anyway as I need to do 7 shirts but wanted to make sure it is red.

Thanks!

maria

I posted this a few days ago but no one replied. Pixie, do you know the difference, or is there even one?

Sorry Stacie I didn't see the question.

OK, You must use Soda Ash, also known was Sodium Carbonate, PH UP. I don't know what the other soda is, but if is not SODIUM CARBONATE is no good.

It's time for me to do the Christmas shirts - I basted 4 of the 7 tonight (I need to exchange mine and DH and find one for DS first).

I really want to try the bullseye with the mickey head as I'm not sure I love the red and green on spirals (I'm worried they will run and I'll get muck).

Can anyone post or direct me to pics of how to tie the bullseye with the mickey head? I get the general idea but can't figure out how to arrange the shirt first before banding.

Thanks!

I made these for Christmas, the green is actually more green that in the pic, the flash washes the colors :confused3

IMG_4444.jpg

The bullseye is every simple, just like a snake, you can find some videos on you tube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter