Tickets with a split stay question

robin714

Earning My Ears
Hi,
was hoping I could get some help with a question. I know the answer will probably be no but thought I'd ask anyway.
I'm getting ready to book a split stay to use the stay, play dine offer. There is 4 of us. 1st stay is for 4days starting Dec. 30th and 2nd stay is for 5 days starting the 2nd of Jan. On the first stay I was going to do 10 day park hoppers and then on the 2nd stay just put 1 day on there as we use the dining plan. Now for my question.
My son is coming down for the 2nd stay and just staying with a friend of his so will not be on any kind of package. Will I be able to take those 4 1 day passes on our 2nd stay and let him use those. These are really park passes that won;'t get used. If not, how will disney move the rest of my park days from the 1st stay over to the 2nd stay? Will my first stay tickets stay active just for the park days.
I know this sounds confusing. Hope somone understands.

If I recall correctly, your kttw card will have your tickets on it. You should be able to use this card for the number of days that you have purchased tickets not the days of your stay. On the second stay, you will get new kttw cards with tickets on them. You may choose to have these tickets removed from the kttw so that someone else may use them. If you do not have the tickets removed, just make sure that your son who needs the ticket is the one who uses them. I'm am not sure if you only need to purchase a 1day ticket for your package. For the free dining package you now have to purchase a 2day ticket, not sure if this applies to your package but you may want to check. Hope this makes sense.

There is a sticky on the Theme Parks and Strategies board with a wealth of information regarding tickets as well as two CM's who work with the tickets and can answer any question on earth regarding tickets.

Your son shouldn't have any trouble using the individual tickets from the second stay. When we went on our 2007 trip, we had tickets from a previous stay that we used, but we had to purchase a 1 day base ticket for the 4 of us in order to get free dining. A couple of years later I went on a girls trip and used those individual tickets without any problem whatsoever (and the tickets were still on our 2007 KTTW cards, with one being in my name, one in my DH's name, and the other two being in each of our DS's names ;)).

Were going to give it to him, if he can't use it then he'll just have to buy a ticket.

Were going to give it to him, if he can't use it then he'll just have to buy a ticket.

It's probably best to have them taken off the KTTW cards as the pp suggested since you will have to use the new KTTW card for the DDP and you don't want someone to accidentally use one of those cards for entry into a park since everyone will already have tickets.

as long as the tickets are unused he should have no problem Since you are only getting one day obviously they would be unused. When you check in have them remove the tickets from the KTTW card so they don't accidentally get used. You'll just have to keep up with 2 different cards/person since your remaining tickets will be on your old card. You could possibly then have them added to your new card once the others are taken off but that might be too much trouble than it's worth.

Yes, but it's an extraordinarily expensive way to get him into the parks for four days. Those one-day tickets will cost you $356 plus tax while a four-day base ticket costs only $256. You could upgrade one of the tickets to a four-day ticket at a cost of $167 and then have $267 in tickets to use in the future. Unless you have no plans to ever go again and/or minimizing cash out of pocket is a primary goal, it's not a good deal to use the tickets in that way.

Yes, but it's an extraordinarily expensive way to get him into the parks for four days. Those one-day tickets will cost you $356 plus tax while a four-day base ticket costs only $256. You could upgrade one of the tickets to a four-day ticket at a cost of $167 and then have $267 in tickets to use in the future. Unless you have no plans to ever go again and/or minimizing cash out of pocket is a primary goal, it's not a good deal to use the tickets in that way.

This is a way cheaper option! And I would have that ticket removed from your KTTW card because you'll need it because of the dining credits on it. They can do it at check in, then take that ticket and add days.
Hopefully you'll be back to wow and can use the other tickets for a future trip.

To the question of if you only need a 1 day ticket for the Stay, Play & Dine deal- yes. We booked it with 1 day tickets because we have APs.

The cheapest way to do this is to probably do S/P/D for your first resort with your 10 day tickets added on and then to just do the room-only discount for your second resort, no tickets, no dining and just buy your son a 4-day ticket. It would mean paying OOP for dining for the second half of your stay, but I think you would end up saving $$. By adding 4, 1-day tickets onto the second stay, you are paying way too much to get your son into the parks for 4 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter