• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks.

Regarding #2 I was more concerned with which ticket price will be applied as having already been paid. Let's say a 3 day PH has 3 prices. A. Disney's price now B. Undercover Tourist price now C. Disney's price after the price increase.

Basically I'm asking if there is any advantage to buying now if I am going to upgrade when I get there anyway. If they only going to credit me with purchasing at price point A, then I will pay the difference in A and C regardless of when I purchase them.
Nobody knows. Things changed drastically last year.

There ls still one fly in this ointment...
The "Plus Miniature Golf Free."
Since that is not a traditional feature of a 5-day Base ticket,
we don't know exactly if or how that detail would affect the upgrade ability or price.

Oh, I missed that part.

A couple of questions about AP's;
- If I bought an AP now, do I have to use it on my next trip? (going to WDW at the end of the month, but already have my ticket included for that one. Want AP for my December trip and one at some point next year too, but want to buy it before the price increase) So, if I ordered it now, & didn't use it until my Dec trip, the 1yr will begin from then? Correct?

A couple of questions about AP's;
1. If I bought an AP now, do I have to use it on my next trip? (going to WDW at the end of the month, but already have my ticket included for that one.
2. Want AP for my December trip and one at some point next year too,
3. but want to buy it before the price increase)
4. So, if I ordered it now, & didn't use it until my Dec trip, the 1yr will begin from then? Correct?
1. Nope.
2. OK.
3. OK.
4. Correct.

Robo -
So, tickets are going up on 2/11. I am going in April - bought a 5 day hop from UT but i'm staying longer than initially planned and want to upgrade to 6 day hop.
I can't do that until i get there in April.
What can i expect to pay to upgrade?
Thanks, wizard!

Robo -
1. So, tickets are going up on 2/11.
2. I am going in April - bought a 5 day hop from UT but i'm staying longer than initially planned and want to upgrade to 6 day hop.
3. I can't do that until i get there in April.
4. What can i expect to pay to upgrade?

1. Maybe. That's one rumor. (Always lots of rumors. Some actually happen.)
2. OK.
3. Yup.
4. Don't know, yet.

Hi.

We are going on October 2018 but we want to do Water Parks only (10 days).

Thinking on buying the AP for Water Parks only directly from Disney US Website.

Questions:

Do we need a magic band for the AP or a card or what do we need?

(We have been to Disney many times already, we are not US residents, not UK, not Canadian). We will be staying outside WDW this time.

I have the magic bands from last year trip (4 members of my family actually have them) but we are adding a new member who does not have a magic band.

Do we buy one for her?

I know they will not ship the APs to our country, I may link them to our magic bands. But I am concerned about the member that doesn’t have the magic band.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Another question for you; if I bought my AP now, can I pick it up on my trip at the end of the month, even though I don't want to use it (or the year to start) until my December trip?

Yes.
You would just tell the CM that you want to pick up an "AP Certificate" (which is an unactivated AP.)
AP Certificates are valid until Dec. 31, 2030.

We are going on October 2018 but we want to do Water Parks only (10 days).
Thinking on buying the AP for Water Parks only directly from Disney US Website.
1 Do we need a magic band for the AP
2. or a card or what do we need?
3. I have the magic bands from last year trip (4 members of my family actually have them) but we are adding a new member who does not have a magic band.
4. Do we buy one for her?
5. But I am concerned about the member that doesn’t have the magic band.

1. Nope. (But, you CAN use any MBs that you already have... no matter how old they are.)
2. If you like, you will be issued a regular "Credit Card" RFID plastic ticket.
3. OK.
4. Only if you WANT to.
5. Hakuna Matata!

Yes.
You would just tell the CM that you want to pick up an "AP Certificate" (which is an unactivated AP.)
AP Certificates are valid until Dec. 31, 2030.
Ok, great. So I assume that when I want to activate my AP on my December trip, I just go back to a ticket window and exchange my AP Certificate for an activated AP? What would I need to do if I bought the AP online? Would I be better to wait to pick it up until my December trip? Or could I get an AP Certificate online? (Sorry for all the questions - i'm an AP novice!)

Ok, great.
1. So I assume that when I want to activate my AP on my December trip, I just go back to a ticket window and exchange my AP Certificate for an activated AP?
2. What would I need to do if I bought the AP online?
3. Would I be better to wait to pick it up until my December trip? Or could I get an AP Certificate online? (Sorry for all the questions - i'm an AP novice!)

1. Yup.
2. You're REALLY over-thinking this.
There is nothing to worry about.
If you order an AP on-line, it can be a physical AP Certificate to be delivered
or just don't bother
ordering a physical certificate to be delivered at all.
The fact that you bought the AP on X date will stay in your Disney file until
you're ready to activate it, in-person at WDW.

1. Nope. (But, you CAN use any MBs that you already have... no matter how old they are.)
2. If you like, you will be issued a regular "Credit Card" RFID plastic ticket.
3. OK.
4. Only if you WANT to.
5. Hakuna Matata!

Thanks for the prompt response, it was really helpful.

Thanks Robo!

Ok, let me phrase differently. If the increase comes to pass, what is the most likely scenario sans exact dollar values?

If you bought "X ticket" at at a discount price (from UT, etc.) the value you would get in the upgrade transaction (made after the next price increase) would be the
full DISNEY ticket price (on the day BEFORE the next ticket increase takes place) for "X ticket."

If you bought "X ticket" at at a discount price (from UT, etc.) the value you would get in the upgrade transaction (made after the next price increase) would be the
full DISNEY ticket price (on the day BEFORE the next ticket increase takes place) for "X ticket."
Oh that sucks severely. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter