ticket prices going up?

pbm504

Earning My Ears
When the park prices go up later this year (as they surely will), will that apply to a package booked for this December (I already have the room, I just haven't added the tickets yet). Or would the new price only apply to January and beyond.

thanks,

paul

I believe if your package is paid in full then the increase will not apply. However if you still owe on the package you will have to take the increase as well. This is assuming my memory is serving me correctly :rotfl:

When the park prices go up later this year (as they surely will), will that apply to a package booked for this December (I already have the room, I just haven't added the tickets yet). Or would the new price only apply to January and beyond.

thanks,

paul

Paul --

If you only have a room booked, then you do not have a package. You have a "room only" reservation. If you want a package that includes tickets, then you will have to cancel your room only reservation and make a new one that is a package. Room Only reservations cannot be turned into Package reservations.

If history repeats itself, then there will be a ticket price increase in August -- at the very beginning -- as ticket prices have increased the last 2 years at the beginning of August.

So if you don't wish to pay the price increase later, then you need to either change your room only reservatation into a package by the end of the month (July) or keep your room only reservation and purchase your Park tickets separately. If you book a package, then you do not have to pay the price increase. You price you are quoted on your package is what you pay -- it does not include a possible ticket increase.

If you wish to buy your Park tickets separtely, I would highly recommend Undercovertourist.com as they have the best prices I've seen and the prices they show on their website do not have any hidden costs such as sales tax and/or shipping -- the price you see is the price you pay.

Hope this is clear. :)

Mary,

I guess the question is, if I wait until after the price increase to convert to a package, will I then pay at the higher price?

thanks,

Paul

My understanding is that if you convert to package from room only
you pay the price in effect at that time, which may be higher.

Mary,

I guess the question is, if I wait until after the price increase to convert to a package, will I then pay at the higher price?

thanks,

Paul

Yes, Paul, you will. You will pay the price at the time of your package booking.

If this helps at all, the cost to book a package is a $200 deposit at the time with the balance paid off 45 days prior to arrival. I know that a room only reservation requires a one night's deposit -- so depending on which resort you're staying, the package deposit could be cheaper.

Hope this helps!

I have a quick question related to this. We know we are definintely going in Feb 09, so if we booked now and paid for it now, we would get the park tickets at the 2008 rate instead of the 2009 rate?

I know we would have to pay the difference between the room rate when the new rates come out, but guess I'm a little confused about whether we need to pay for the entire time or just 1 room ahead of time.

We would likely be booking through AAA, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

I already have the room reserved, so the $200 is covered. One last question about this - I know they usually announce the new "higher" prices with a few days lead time. If I call during that time, which price would likely apply if I do the package, instead of the tickets only?\

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter