Ticket Price Increases for Disneyland Announced

these new prices are they for the tix that you buy the day of in the parks, or the early purchase online price?

Gate prices (prices you pay at the ticket booth) are going up and those are the prices that have been published. I'm sure the advance purchase prices will also go up.

There is a ticket promo for tickets that require first use by 5/28 and I would expect prices on those will probably stay the same, but the promo is almost over.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Normally if you've paid your deposit on a package, the price is locked in. Actually the package prices are usually locked in through the end of the year regardless: the ticket prices within packages shouldn't go up until 2013, even on new package bookings after 5/20.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks, Mary. I must have been typing my post a few seconds after yours.

We renewed on Wednesday, because we figured it would probably be going up this weekend and will be extremely busy tonight and Saturday at the ticket booths.

I hope that they adjust the DVC discount to be more in line with WDW, after all, they said the reason that they didn't is because of how inexpensive our passes are, since that is no longer the case, they can certainly make the discount similar.

I wonder what this will do to the premier pass price.

For the passes that are expiring soon, but more than $40 days out, I would purchase a voucher from the Disney Store (or some supermarkets have them as well) before Sunday, they are good for a year I believe, just check the fine print on the ticket, it will tell you when it has to be redeemed by. Yes, you will loose out on the $20 renewal discount; however, you will still save about $140 over the renewal price.

On vacation packages, as long as it is currently in your vacation package and you have paid a deposit, I would think you should be fine, if it is not in your package, I would add it before Sunday.

Jeez. The price increase was announced way too early then last year which was around June and all of a sudden they increased the price on everything a lot. Thank you for posting the link ArchOwl, or I would have been out for $150 dollars when I renew back to the DL Premium AP. :thumbsup2 I just renewed or downgrade my AP to the Premium and now I felt relieve of not getting the pass when we go to DL during the AP sneak peek at CL/BVS.

YES. Buy a new pass online at Disneyland.com and you'll receive a voucher good for one year. You do not have to pay the upgraded price when you activate the voucher at the park.

The only AP you can't do this with is the Premier Pass, which is only sold in person.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I currently have a Premier pass expiring in Aug. Only want to get a Premium pass. So if I buy online, do I choose the voucher option? I tired the pass option and it wants the name and not sure if it would not accept it if I am already in the system.

I currently have a Premier pass expiring in Aug. Only want to get a Premium pass. So if I buy online, do I choose the voucher option? I tired the pass option and it wants the name and not sure if it would not accept it if I am already in the system.

The only option when buying a NEW (not renewal) pass online is a voucher. You have to take it to the gate and get it activated when you're ready to use it for the first time.

I've bought new APs before while still holding an unexpired AP. The system is not sophisticated enough to detect that, nor is there any rule against it.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Glad I stopped in tonight - I'll be buying ours tomorrow morning!

If I want to buy an AP and activate in September, should I choose gift voucher?

Wow!!! Big news! :mad: Right now we are shaking our heads that we didn't take the $20 off deal at the Tuesday night Fantasmic event... Either we buy the vouchers tonight/tomorrow or we won't renew. I thought $500 was a lot for our premium passes, but $649 is way too much!! Thanks so much for posting the info!!!

Okay what sense does discontinuing the 6 day make? By adding Cars Land they are adding more to see and do and as it is now it take 4-5 days to see everything during peak season. I would think they would push the 6 day more now than ever than discontinue it???

Holy crap! We're looking at $56 per ticket increase for a 4 day park hopper for November. That's over $200 for our family alone!

Glad I stopped in tonight.

The only option when buying a NEW (not renewal) pass online is a voucher. You have to take it to the gate and get it activated when you're ready to use it for the first time.

I've bought new APs before while still holding an unexpired AP. The system is not sophisticated enough to detect that, nor is there any rule against it.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

This is helpful information! My husband is wondering what keeps someone from purchasing 20 of them and locking in the price for the next 20 years...

This is helpful information! My husband is wondering what keeps someone from purchasing 20 of them and locking in the price for the next 20 years...

Vouchers only lock the price for one year from date of purchase. After that they can charge you the difference between the voucher cost and the current price.

I was partially incorrect in my answer above, by the way. They now sell a regular pass online as well as a voucher. So you do need to pick the "gift voucher" option.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Just bought my tixs from Ares travel. I'm surprised at how much more I paid for 4 day hoppers this year than I paid last year. It went up 30+ dollars. The year before it was ~ 20 dollars. They really are getting aggressive with the prices (and so are the hotels). I guess the economy must be doing better than they are telling us on the news. ;)

Actually, the problem is fewer people coming in from out of town means more money is needed per person.

The parks are busier than ever, but a good chunk are passholders, hence why the major increase there. Many passholders do not spend much money in the park, my recommendation is that they should track what each passholder spends and give them a discount off of renewal equal to 5% (or something like that) of what they spent throughout the year. It would encourage more spending and an extra 5% off isn't going to kill them, especially when given as a discount on renewals.

Vouchers only lock the price for one year from date of purchase. After that they can charge you the difference between the voucher cost and the current price.

I was partially incorrect in my answer above, by the way. They now sell a regular pass online as well as a voucher. So you do need to pick the "gift voucher" option.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thank you! I was thinking it was a ticket that started when you took them to the front gate. We might go to the Disney Store tomorrow and see if they sell the premium annual pass.

Ok my puchase timed out as I was filling in everyones AP info. Maybe that's a good thing after reading the last couple pages here. I had put in for 5 Ap's I didn't notice gift voucher option... What is the difference I don't get it.

YES. Buy a new pass online at Disneyland.com and you'll receive a voucher good for one year. You do not have to pay the upgraded price when you activate the voucher at the park.

The only AP you can't do this with is the Premier Pass, which is only sold in person.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thank you Mary! So if I buy a new pass tomorrow and get a voucher, will it will be good until next May...or a year from when I activate it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter