Ticket "deals" at the gate

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by conniehar90, Feb 18, 2013.

1. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

So, I was at a party this weekend with a friend who is going to Disney in March. I am the resident know-it-all for Disney and this friend has only been 2 times in the past 10 years.

She told me, in her best "betcha didn't know this" voice, that you can get 10 3 day park hoppers at the gate for just about $1,000. She is insisting that her friend did this last year and heard about this "deal" from another friend who lives in Florida and knows all the ins and outs about Disney.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me, but thought I would throw it out to see what others have to say. I had to hear - "See, I told you something you didn't know" and I hate that! Ha!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

Hmmm...another "heard it from a friend's friend story"......

4. appleorchard

appleorchard DIS Veteran

A 3 day park hopper for around $100--wouldn't that be nice.

5. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

You can get them from the gas station on I-drive! :rotfl2:

6. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

No, but you can get three 10-day hoppers for $1,125 plus tax.

7. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

There are special "Touch of Magic" tickets at about $100 each. They are available through time share companies. They are valid for two Theme Parks and one water park (or DQ). So in theory they are three day tickets. And since you can use the minor park entry on the same day as a major park, by some stretch they can be considered park hoppers. And to get they you have to sit through a time share promotion.

8. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! I figured this was the case.

9. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

I did see a sign last week at the ticket booths advertising 3 day tickets for $119 I think but figured those were just for Florida residents.

10. The Wise One

The Wise One Mouseketeer

Yep it's a Florida resident special at the moment. We can also add another day for just $10 more.

11. TDSAXX

TDSAXX Mouseketeer

One more reason I need to move to Fla.

12. FortForever

FortForever Disney since Day 1

A Florida resident could buy 10 - 3 day park-hoppers for $1,190 plus tax. They have had commercials for it for some time now. Unless there are some unadvertised quantity discounts, that's probably as cheap as it gets.

13. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

Interesting. I am not sure how FL resident tickets work. Do they just ask for ID the first time it is used? If there is some way to work the system on proving you are a FL resident, I wonder if that is what her friend did. I certainly would never do that but I would love to report back that this was in fact not a deal available to those outside FL!

Thanks!

14. NYDisneyKid

NYDisneyKid Expedition Everest Record Holder

Those are 1 park per day tickets right? Can you add hopper to these tickets?

15. FortForever

I stand corrected. I think you are right about these being one day tickets. A member of our party bought one and I believe his total was $144 with PH added.

I thought that sounded like an awful lot of tax, but didn't want to get into his business so dismissed it at the time. It must have been because he got PH.

16. fall08CP

fall08CP Cheesehead

My friend has a Florida Resident Annual Pass and gets asked for ID every single time we go to the park. He once forgot his in the car at TTC and they made him go back and get it. I imagine any Florida resident tickets would be the same.

17. FortForever

I have an AP and have never been asked for ID, other than when I bought it. Even the first time I use it, I just do a finger scan.

They really should require it, as there is, IMO, widespread fraud. I would be absolutely happy to show ID at every turnstile.

18. seashoreCM

seashoreCM All around nice guy.

19. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

They asked the two men in front of me at DHS for their Florida ID this past Friday.

20. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

Glad I always bring my id. I've never been asked for one at the turnstile but they do ask for it when I renew and use my discounts.

21. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

These are the official Florida Resident rules:

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.