thursday night quest

Has anyone gotten any prize notifications yet? The quest has been over for awhile, hasn't it? I haven't gotten anything.

edit: Nevermind, rank 275. Bah.

I just got dc'd so I'm logging in as we speak..

and the verdict is..... 325 ugh!!!!!!

no prize.. they should at least give a prize like a pirate treasure chair... they are cheap and you can buy them. Something for the effort! Goodness!

MY best finish was a hair over 8 minutes, and I finished in the 130s. Prizes ended at 105 (?)

I read up on this thread just before I started the quest, and a couple players in the game gave me tips when I said I was off to start it. But what helped me more than anything was using my 2 teleport magics. Never have tried it before, but it helped me out a lot. I was wondering before if that might be contributing to the insane times people put up, and I definitely think that's a factor. If people were racing you to the gem, you could just teleport over to it. If there was a walk that took 15 seconds, it would take maybe 3 or 4.

It has a recharge time of a minute I believe, so after you use the first one just type "Jump!" when you need to use the second one. Otherwise, it'll give you an error message if you just click on the wand and try to double click on the pin (even if your 2nd magic hasn't been used yet; I tried this out before I started the quest). So, between the answers here and a couple hints that were mentioned in the game (I believe they were also included in the ones mentioned here), I wound up with a time of 7:31. That was my first and only run through. I think I came in 86th, 13 places above where Inferno was. So close yet so far away, LOL! I won a buyable Jolly Roger flag, in case you're wondering.

SO... my conclusion is that besides the mule problem, people are using teleport for the quests and a LOT of them. In theory, they could be using 8 of them, which helps explain some of the impossible sounding times. If you have a pin or two, try it out next time and see if it helps. Certainly helped me, provided you can judge quickly enough whether it's time efficient to use it.

SorcererDonald - interesting. That HAS to be how amazing unfathomable times are being made.

Seems there are some "professional questers" out there. Funny me - I do it for the fun (and the hope and dream of a prize).

Thanks for the above. I did find it interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!