Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

Off to great start T-Man!

Another Disboard tip: add "getting cash" to the check list before you leave, just sayin...

Backstage_Gal said:
Off to great start T-Man!

Another Disboard tip: add "getting cash" to the check list before you leave, just sayin...

It was on the spreadsheet! Just didn't make it off the spreadsheet until we were there. The worst part: we both passed a credit union ATM on our way to the restrooms before boarding the plane. Did we snap? Of course not! D'oh!

Even better yet, yours will be personally hand delivered to you when we meet up in December. :thumbsup2 We are meeting up in December right?

nebo said he will call you this week!!!!

and you can use "WE'RE OFF!" anytime you like. we stole it from my dad. he used to say that at the beginning of every trip when I was growing up. that's where I got it. and my daddy loved to share!

Off to a great start even though you are going cashless. :)

Jill in CO

nebo said he will call you this week!!!!

and you can use "WE'RE OFF!" anytime you like. we stole it from my dad. he used to say that at the beginning of every trip when I was growing up. that's where I got it. and my daddy loved to share!

I appreciate him and you sharing with us.

I look forward to Nebo's call. I programmed both numbers into my cell phone that way it shows on my caller ID. Like you, if I don't recognize a long distance number, I won't answer the phone.

Your plane arrived early because your drunk pilots were speeding! (is that even possible?). I fly Southwest a lot and they're always early.
As for the cash, the trick is to have your account at a big bank with branches and ATMs everywhere you want to travel, then you don't pay ATM fees.

Great chapter... ready for more.

Your plane arrived early because your drunk pilots were speeding! (is that even possible?). I fly Southwest a lot and they're always early.

We're regulars on SWA as well. For the most part, it seems we're always leaving a little behind schedule and some where in the air, they make up time to get us to our destination on time. I can count on 2 fingers how many times we've actually been early.

As for the cash, the trick is to have your account at a big bank with branches and ATMs everywhere you want to travel, then you don't pay ATM fees.

Great chapter... ready for more.

The trick is to remember to get cash. :rotfl: Since most places take debit/credit cards, we usually just stick with that. We don't get much cash. Mostly for tips at the airport or to buy Mickey Bars from the little carts. Lady H and I each have our separate accounts still. Mine is with a big bank, but all my money went to bills. So there was no cash available on my card to take out.

Thanks Kar. Already working on the next chapter.

Gack! I haven't even read the last one yet! (Or Nebo's, or Laura's :sad2:)

But I did get this today:

scan0001.jpg

Gack! I haven't even read the last one yet! (Or Nebo's, or Laura's :sad2:)

But I did get this today:

scan0001.jpg

:rotfl2: You were right, you would get by this week! Although i think you mentioned you'd have it by Wednesday... :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Sorry it took so long to get to you. Hope you liked it though. :cutie:

Saturday August 25th, 2012. 5:00 am and visions of Disneyland were running through my dreams. :cloud9: No sooner is it 5:30 and the alarm goes off. Then again at 5:40 and one more time at 5:50. You think we would’ve just sprung up out of bed, but we have a memory foam mattress so there are no springs in our bed; plus we didn’t get the ejection feature either. So now we have to get ourselves up out of bed. You’ve all seen the commercial “I’m too excited too sleep,” I don’t know about Lady H, but that was me until I finally did fall asleep. Now all I wanted to do was sleep, at least a couple more hours. I tried calling Southwest and asked them to hold the plane for us; but they were not willing to. Shoot darn. :( Good thing is, it’s an hour and 40 minute flight, so at least I can take a nap on the plane.

Nope. Told you the night before I was going to take some Advil PM to make sure I get some sleep . Otherwise I would be worthless by the time we got to Anaheim. Since you say I fall asleep the minute I get in the car, I wanted to make sure I was bright eyed and bushy tailed for our trip.

By the time we finished packing and actually got to bed the night before, think it was close to midnight; so we knew it would be just a quick nap. Think it was finally close to 2:00 that I fell asleep. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:15 am. Maybe we’ll get a text message saying our flight was delayed and we can sleep a couple of extra hours. Look at my smartphone and I have one text message. Hopes run high thinking maybe, just maybe, I can sleep a couple of more hours. Nope, text was from a friend wishing us a safe and happy trip. Stroll on over to the kitchen, turn on the coffee pot and proceed to wake Sleeping Beauty. I smile each time I can wake Lady H up just like Prince Phillip woke up Princess Aurora.

Sleeping Beauty huh? I'm sure your using that to butter me up for something later on...:rotfl:

Lady H and I head over to Hudson News to buy the paper. Our usual routine whenever we fly somewhere. They were out of the paper we usually buy. There’s another Hudson closer to our gate, we’ll check to see if they have it there. On our way to our gate, we notice the first item we forgot to pack. COFFEE. There’s a particular brand of coffee that is packaged and sold locally called New Mexico Pinon Coffee. This is the type of coffee we drink each morning. We meant to buy a small bag from the supermarket, but completely spaced it out. As luck would have it, they sell the small bags here in the airport at one of the kiosks. Instead of paying the $8 we would have at the supermarket, we’re paying almost double in the airport. With our bag in coffee in hand, we now head on down to one of the eateries for breakfast. We divide and concur. Lady H heads off in search for the paper, after reading the menu and telling me what she wants for breakfast. I stay and stand in the first of many long lines we’ll encounter during the week. I wait, and wait, and wait, and finally after 3 long minutes, I place our order. We both got a breakfast croissant, which had eggs, cheese and choice of ham, bacon or sausage. I got a sausage patty on mine while Lady H got bacon on hers.

Which they still never get right. I like my bacon extra crispy,
bacon.gif
and they never make it extra crispy. It's always limp and greasy and hard to chew and I end up taking it out of the sandwich at some point anyway. From what I remember, they said it was because they are using the pre-cooked stuff and only warm it up when making the sandwich, all I ask is that you take the bacon out of the sandwich, nuke it until it holds its own weight and then add it to the sandwich. Is that so hard? :headache: OK. Vent over.

Lady H came back from her quest to find the newspaper.

And I still wasn't able to find the paper I wanted. I wanted the New Mexican, and obviously so did every other person in the airport because they were sold out of both Hudson News Stands. I had to settle for the Albuquerque Journal which isn't as fun, because it doesn't have the quiz or the good horoscopes.

I told Lady H, “For your sake, let’s hope she’s already sleeping.” Pilots are done in the restroom, take their seats and we push back from the hub. The pretty yellow stripe that is there for pilots to follow, well our pilots aren’t following it very good. As we taxi down the runway, I notice the plane is swerving from one side of the yellow strip to the other side of the yellow stripe. So much for my theories they had too much coffee or are suffering from the night before. I think they’re still drunk.

I was really worried about that lady...She looked like she was gonna be sick. Of course by mid flight she seemed to be rested enough. Now i was worried for the lady in front of her, who had one cup of coffee, and was ready to burst and was trying to get around the FA to get to the bathroom only to find it was occupied and had to wait. This happened not once, not twice, but three times during the hour and 45 minute flight.

We forgot to get cash out of the ATM. Looks like we’re now doomed to pay the ATM fees.

I will put some of the blame for this on myself, since before we loaded onto the plane I noticed the ATM and thought to myself that we should get cash here, but then something distracted me, I'm sure something shiny flashed by or something and I spaced it. Ergo, no cash!

rats. I was going to send you our address, but I thought for sure nebo must have already. (sometmes we don't communicate)

Whu, scribs on cave wall no gud nomore? Do I hafe to lurn cunifoam/

Heather and Mike, you have just reached your 5-year wedding anniversary, what are you going to do next?

Write out the wedding gift thank you notes. :lmao::rotfl2:
yeah, well, I thought it was funny, never mind.

We’re going to Disneyland!!!!

we didn’t get the ejection feature either.
The WHAT bedtime feature? Oh, never mind. geesh

You’ve all seen the commercial “I’m too excited too sleep,” I don’t know about Lady H, but that was me until I finally did fall asleep. Now all I wanted to do was sleep, at least a couple more hours. I tried calling Southwest and asked them to hold the plane for us; but they were not willing to. Shoot darn. :( Good thing is, it’s an hour and 40 minute flight, so at least I can take a nap on the plane.

Wow, yeah, thats a short flight, I'm jealous. Ours is only 2 and a half, but seems like twenty to me. Shoot, you'[re walking distance.

By the time we finished packing and actually got to bed the night before, think it was close to midnight; so we knew it would be just a quick nap. Think it was finally close to 2:00 that I fell asleep. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:15 am. Maybe we’ll get a text message saying our flight was delayed and we can sleep a couple of extra hours. Look at my smartphone and I have one text message.
Don't you feel inferior when you have to refer to your stupid electronic gizmo as a "SmartPhone". I would, no way would I give it the pleasure.

Hopes run high thinking maybe, just maybe, I can sleep a couple of more hours. Nope, text was from a friend wishing us a safe and happy trip. Stroll on over to the kitchen, turn on the coffee pot and proceed to wake Sleeping Beauty. I smile each time I can wake Lady H up just like Prince Phillip woke up Princess Aurora. Sometimes it takes more than one kiss and a bucket of water, but eventually she wakes up. 5 minutes after waking up Sleeping Beauty, coffee is done so we each grab a cup and proceed to get ready. After a couple of cups of coffee and a hour later, we’re finally alert and ready to go. Pack any last minute stuff we may need, even though we’ve probably forgot something already. :confused:

That's where I've been good, so far 've never, ever forgotten something that I might need.

Now I don’t know about the rest of you, but it never seems to fail with us. There’s always one or 2 items you need, and when you start unpacking at the hotel that’s when it dawns on you. “Oh man, I forgot my super duper mega hold, holds like glue styling hair gel. Guess I’ll just have to buy a hat.”

Oh yes, believe me that would scare me, to forget my hair styling gel, but I can say that I've never forgotten that either.

Not like I have much hair left anyways. Soon I won’t need any glue, shampoo or conditioner.

Oh, that's a shame. If you need assistance on how to prevent that from happening, just call me, I have the answer. And it ends with the word, "Special" or, Weston.

Soon the bags are loaded into D’Mil car, as she’s going to take us to the airport and pick us up when we get back. Well let me rephrase that; the bags are loaded into D’Mil’s car and I will be driving us to/from the airport. D’Mil likes to think she’s Miss Daisy, sit in the back seat and let me drive.

I've never seen it, but does that make you Morgan Freeman?

After the bags have been loaded into her car, I do one final check for my carryon bag. "Carrion" Park Tickets, check. Boarding passes, check. Driver’s license, check. Smartphone, still on the nightstand. Run back and get it, now we’re all set. All systems are go.

Stealing this line from Nebo and Smidgy.

“AND WE’RE OFF!’

A "Great" way to start a trip!

Checking our luggage and getting through security was easy breezy. Smooth sailing. A walk in the park. Like taking candy from a baby. Although I hear taking candy from a baby can be difficult at times.

Baby faced Nelson? for example?

Lady H and I head over to Hudson News to buy the paper.

They have papers in New Mexico? Really? You're talking rolling, right?

Our usual routine whenever we fly somewhere. They were out of the paper we usually buy.

Boy, 35 years ago I could have filled in a name here, alas,,, nuttin.

We divide and concur.

I love this, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but doesn't matter, that's why typos can be such fun.

"Ok, here's our strategy for winning this battle:
I'll head straight up the flank on the rightside, you will use stealth from the left, slowly moving forward as our re-inforcements catch up, and we will rendezvous near the oak grove to the right of the machine gun nest, do you agree?

Absolutely, I concur.

(yes, you are right, wasn't worth it. "May not be a show stopper, but it can surely slow it down.")

Lady H came back from her quest to find the newspaper. We chow down on breakfast and no sooner did we finish than it was time for us to board.

Or in my case, spend the next half hour in the bathroom, and not the one on the airplane.
This is why I always make a point of stealing the keys out of the ignition on my way back out to the restroom.
"Nope, not going anywhere without me!"

Once on board, Lady H and I picked out our seats. One of our first observations, the pilots took turns going in and out of the restroom. We hoped it’s from having too much coffee and not from the party the night before. Only time will tell. On the plane, Heather had the aisle seat, I had the window seat and the middle seat was empty, for now.

Wow, that has exactly been our seating pattern fro the last four trips, she, aisle, me window, and good luck to whoever gets stuck betwixt us.

. The pretty yellow stripe that is there for pilots to follow, well our pilots aren’t following it very good. As we taxi down the runway, I notice the plane is swerving from one side of the yellow strip to the other side of the yellow stripe. So much for my theories they had too much coffee or are suffering from the night before. I think they’re still drunk.

Great, nothing like getting pulled over for a DUI in a 747 for weaving!

The flight attendants give their usual safety instructions and soon the pilots make that famous announcement, “we’ve been cleared for departure” and I start to pray.

"We pray now for our dearly departed." Who really wanted to take a train today,,,

“AND WE’RE OFF!”
2sgn106vacation-1.gif

Sorry, just had to say that one more time.

Understood, fun, isn't it?

Now that the audition is over (I never did see a producer approach her by the way) the captain has given the ok to NOW use our electronic devices. The “Flight Attendant,” makes her announcement that they will soon go through serving complimentary soft drinks, coffee or water. If you wish to purchase a Monster energy drink or cocktail, they only accept major credit/debit cards; or drink coupons if you have them. They no longer accept cash.

Isn't that great they don't accept cash now?
How long before you need to have a 3 digit number on your hand stamped like the book says will come to .

CASH!

We forgot to get cash out of the ATM. Looks like we’re now doomed to pay the ATM fees.

UH OH

While filling up our jet back at the airport, they must’ve put some kind of super fuel. We actually arrived in Los Angeles ahead of schedule. Which is a good thing. We actually got a tour of LAX and we didn’t even have to get off the plane or pay any extra fee. How thoughtful of them to give us a complimentary tour. The terminal we had to dock at must have been the terminal at the end; because each time we drove up to one, the pilots kept driving past it. Sometimes I even had to wonder if we were driving in circles. I could’ve sworn we passed the same terminal at least twice. Finally make it to our terminal.

Our last flight home from Orlando got us back 22 minutes ahead of schedule.
Cheers all around!

And then we spent the next half hour waiting for a terminal to open up, drove me absolutely crazy!
Just sitting there.
Or rolling at 3 miles per hour.

As we stepped off the moving staircase that lead down to baggage claim, Lightning McQueen was there to greet us.

Well how cool, my luck, I would have gotten Hopper!

Hey dude and dude ette;
great opening chapter, you act like you 've been doing this foreever, I'[m guessing this was mostly Mike this time? Again, nice job.
Ok, that's done, I've officially welcomed and sung your praises.
Now, the gloves come off, as you knew they would.
adios.

i will put some of the blame for this on myself, since before we loaded onto the plane i noticed the atm and thought to myself that we should get cash here, but then something distracted me, i'm sure something shiny flashed by or something and i spaced it. Ergo, no cash!

squirrel!

:rotfl2: You were right, you would get by this week! Although i think you mentioned you'd have it by Wednesday... :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Sorry it took so long to get to you. Hope you liked it though. :cutie:

I did! It's been a long week and it's just gotten a lot longer. I have three days off; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My boss came up to me and the training that I told him I had to give the staff by the 15th? The training that he didn't want them to get for a couple of months? Suddenly he wants it done asap. So now I'm working 16 hours straight on Friday, 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday! My next day off is the 15th or 16th. :sad2:

But when I picked up the mail today and saw the postcard, it put a smile on my face. :)

And now I have an idea of what World of Color is.

Nope. Told you the night before I was going to take some Advil PM to make sure I get some sleep . Otherwise I would be worthless by the time we got to Anaheim. Since you say I fall asleep the minute I get in the car, I wanted to make sure I was bright eyed and bushy tailed for our trip.

And bright eyed and bushy tailed you were, after a couple of cups of coffee.

Sleeping Beauty huh? I'm sure your using that to butter me up for something later on...:rotfl:

Or later on tonight. :rolleyes1

Which they still never get right. I like my bacon extra crispy,
bacon.gif
and they never make it extra crispy. It's always limp and greasy and hard to chew and I end up taking it out of the sandwich at some point anyway. From what I remember, they said it was because they are using the pre-cooked stuff and only warm it up when making the sandwich, all I ask is that you take the bacon out of the sandwich, nuke it until it holds its own weight and then add it to the sandwich. Is that so hard? :headache: OK. Vent over.

I told them. We just might have to start bringing you bacon from home.

And I still wasn't able to find the paper I wanted. I wanted the New Mexican, and obviously so did every other person in the airport because they were sold out of both Hudson News Stands. I had to settle for the Albuquerque Journal which isn't as fun, because it doesn't have the quiz or the good horoscopes.

I still say they hadn't delivered them yet.

I was really worried about that lady...She looked like she was gonna be sick. Of course by mid flight she seemed to be rested enough. Now i was worried for the lady in front of her, who had one cup of coffee, and was ready to burst and was trying to get around the FA to get to the bathroom only to find it was occupied and had to wait. This happened not once, not twice, but three times during the hour and 45 minute flight.

I guess I missed that one. Hunger Games had my attention. I hope the odds were ever in her favor.

I will put some of the blame for this on myself, since before we loaded onto the plane I noticed the ATM and thought to myself that we should get cash here, but then something distracted me, I'm sure something shiny flashed by or something and I spaced it. Ergo, no cash!

That's quite alright. We still managed.

Whu, scribs on cave wall no gud nomore? Do I hafe to lurn cunifoam/

You could always send her a telegram. You still remember how to send those right?

Write out the wedding gift thank you notes.:lmao::rotfl2:
yeah, well, I thought it was funny, never mind.

I knew we forgot to do something. :eek: Better late than never? :confused3

Wow, yeah, thats a short flight, I'm jealous. Ours is only 2 and a half, but seems like twenty to me. Shoot, you'[re walking distance.

Well now I'm jealous. When we fly to WDW that flight was about 3 1/2 hours. It's still about 3 1/2 hours, but it's going to take us even longer to get to Orlando this year. SWA used to have at least one direct flight to MCO, but they eliminated it. So now we have to change planes when we go in December. :headache: We'll leave at 10 am our time, and won't get to Orlando until 6 pm their time. :sad2:

Don't you feel inferior when you have to refer to your stupid electronic gizmo as a "SmartPhone". I would, no way would I give it the pleasure.

I just use the technical term. Half the time I'm calling it something else. insert curse word of choice here phone.

That's where I've been good, so far 've never, ever forgotten something that I might need.

And if you did, just turn around to go get it. Even if it means driving an extra 2 hours.

Oh yes, believe me that would scare me, to forget my hair styling gel, but I can say that I've never forgotten that either.

I noticed in your pictures that your mustache stays put rather nicely.

I've never seen it, but does that make you Morgan Freeman?

Yes'um Mr. Nebo sir.

A "Great" way to start a trip!

We thought so. :thumbsup2

Baby faced Nelson? for example?

Baby faced who? Not referring to Ponzi here are you?

They have papers in New Mexico? Really? You're talking rolling, right?

We even have indoor plumbing and electricity. Water we still need to draw from the well though. When it decides to rain and we have water that is.

I love this, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but doesn't matter, that's why typos can be such fun.

"Ok, here's our strategy for winning this battle:
I'll head straight up the flank on the rightside, you will use stealth from the left, slowly moving forward as our re-inforcements catch up, and we will rendezvous near the oak grove to the right of the machine gun nest, do you agree?

Absolutely, I concur.

(yes, you are right, wasn't worth it. "May not be a show stopper, but it can surely slow it down.")

Ha Ha! That was a typo, a major typo :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: Funny how it did work out though. We did concur who would go get what though.

This is why I always make a point of stealing the keys out of the ignition on my way back out to the restroom.
"Nope, not going anywhere without me!"

Don't want Smidgy leaving you behind huh.

Wow, that has exactly been our seating pattern fro the last four trips, she, aisle, me window, and good luck to whoever gets stuck betwixt us.

Actually, no one did ever sit between us. We had the whole row to ourselves. :cool1: I guess we looked suspicious.

Great, nothing like getting pulled over for a DUI in a 747 for weaving!

I was thinking the same thing, but never happened. Just glad we made it to LA.

Understood, fun, isn't it?

I concur!

Isn't that great they don't accept cash now?
How long before you need to have a 3 digit number on your hand stamped like the book says will come to.

Won't be a 3 digit number. They have microchips for pets. I'm guessing we'll be next.

Our last flight home from Orlando got us back 22 minutes ahead of schedule.
Cheers all around!

And then we spent the next half hour waiting for a terminal to open up, drove me absolutely crazy!
Just sitting there.
Or rolling at 3 miles per hour.

So does that mean you arrived 8 minutes late?

Well how cool, my luck, I would have gotten Hopper!

Hey dude and dude ette;
great opening chapter, you act like you 've been doing this foreever, I'[m guessing this was mostly Mike this time? Again, nice job.

What makes you guess that? Don't let the fact that I wrote the pre-trip influence your guess. :rolleyes: Thanks though. Coming from you, that's a big compliment.

Ok, that's done, I've officially welcomed and sung your praises.
Now, the gloves come off, as you knew they would.
adios.

Are you sure you should be taking the gloves off? The doctor clear you for that already? You know how the rash spreads.

Thanks for chiming in Nebo.

Talk to you tomorrow. Literally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter