Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you can link dining to your MDE account so can I do that after I cancel first resort reservation?

It should already be in there, but if not, do it as soon as you've made it before you cancel the room reservation. Then there is no question. But the only reason you _might_ lose it is if you cancel the room reservation when the dining reservation would be outside the normal 180 day window. Since you really don't need to cancel it THAT fast, just keep it long enough that the date in question is less than 180 days away.

It should already be in there, but if not, do it as soon as you've made it before you cancel the room reservation. Then there is no question. But the only reason you _might_ lose it is if you cancel the room reservation when the dining reservation would be outside the normal 180 day window. Since you really don't need to cancel it THAT fast, just keep it long enough that the date in question is less than 180 days away.

Gotcha, I wanted to cancel before my actual ADR window opened to make sure all ADRs are good in case I need to redo them but I guess I can't do that bc done dates won't be at 180 days

I know you can link dining to your MDE account so can I do that after I cancel first resort reservation?

1. Make a room reservation
2. Make your dining reservation
3. Cancel room reservations
4. Continue to access dining reservations through your MDE.

As far as the free parking goes.... that's for all 4 parks, right?
We will keep our campsite ressie for the week but will be staying off site.
Are there any other parking perks I'm not thinking about? Like, we will eat at the Contemporary twice and will probably valet the car.
The free parking won't help us with that, will it?

As far as the free parking goes.... that's for all 4 parks, right?
We will keep our campsite ressie for the week but will be staying off site.
Are there any other parking perks I'm not thinking about? Like, we will eat at the Contemporary twice and will probably valet the car.
The free parking won't help us with that, will it?

No it won't help with valet. We have Tables in Wonderland and get free valet parking. If you want you can park @ the TTC for free and take the monorail to the Contemporary.

If I book a week long room/package and make ADRs and FP+ and then cancel - my ADRs and FPs still are valid? At what point can I cancel to get my deposit back and not lose my FP+? I wouldn't have park tickets on the account after cancelling the reservation if that makes a difference

If I book a week long room/package and make ADRs and FP+ and then cancel - my ADRs and FPs still are valid? At what point can I cancel to get my deposit back and not lose my FP+? I wouldn't have park tickets on the account after cancelling the reservation if that makes a difference

ADRs (after the initial booking time) are not based on resort reservations.
If you cancel your TICKETS, the FPs will be lost.

Last edited:

Your pre-booked FP+'s require ticket media, so yes, if you ever cancel your package your FP's will go away. One of the disadvantages of packages. I'm not sure what would happen if you purchased extra tickets, linked them to your profile, then cancelled the package. Perhaps they would stay...

Have a young son that through Scouting has discovered he loves camping. I'm looking to take him during later part of October and can't find a campsite available on weekend, but MANY available during the week. Could Saturday check-ins for throwaways be the reason? Anything i can do about it other than take off work and go during the week? Similarly, any way to know if there are a certain number of overbookings, where Disney would have to move campers against their wishes to a value resort who found themselves without a spot if everyone showed up?

Have a young son that through Scouting has discovered he loves camping. I'm looking to take him during later part of October and can't find a campsite available on weekend, but MANY available during the week. Could Saturday check-ins for throwaways be the reason? Anything i can do about it other than take off work and go during the week? Similarly, any way to know if there are a certain number of overbookings, where Disney would have to move campers against their wishes to a value resort who found themselves without a spot if everyone showed up?

There is no way for you or us to know, or really even Disney, in advance, if these were throwaways or not. A weekend is easier for people to take a couple days and go camping - I expect you see the same at any other campground.

As for overbooking, I doubt they would overbook campgrounds. It's one thing to overbook a resort when you can move guests prepared for a hotel room to another resort on property. It's another thing to move guests prepared for camping to a hotel room. And I don't think Disney overbooks at a full resort level - occasionally they overbook lower-class rooms when higher classes are expected to be unfilled.

There is no way for you or us to know, or really even Disney, in advance, if these were throwaways or not. A weekend is easier for people to take a couple days and go camping - I expect you see the same at any other campground.

As for overbooking, I doubt they would overbook campgrounds. It's one thing to overbook a resort when you can move guests prepared for a hotel room to another resort on property. It's another thing to move guests prepared for camping to a hotel room. And I don't think Disney overbooks at a full resort level - occasionally they overbook lower-class rooms when higher classes are expected to be unfilled.

I have never heard of anyone getting moved from camping to a hotel. Us campers are just too odd about our own rooms that we bring with us.

If you can really rough it with no direct power, they have a scout area that you have to rent by calling fort wilderness directly. It's not available online etc.

Just keep looking and maybe add a Monday or Friday normally helps find a weekend trip, but remember you might not be able to change it by cancelling a day etc... One of the big PITAs about the way the system,works now. Or do single day checks. It helps figure out sometimes. But normally the week prior I have noticed a TON of openings all of a sudden that were not there before. I think it throwaway cancellations, which I think of as theft if they wait that long just to get free magic bands...

Question for all of you mickey pros... We REALLY want to be on DDP because it's easier to pay up front (for my parents) than worry about every meal throughout the trip. This being said, if we were to book a campsite for the entire week (loss of 700$ to us) in order to get the DDP (we're staying at Shades Of Green), how would we even do this? check in? check out? etc?

Question for all of you mickey pros... We REALLY want to be on DDP because it's easier to pay up front (for my parents) than worry about every meal throughout the trip. This being said, if we were to book a campsite for the entire week (loss of 700$ to us) in order to get the DDP (we're staying at Shades Of Green), how would we even do this? check in? check out? etc?

What are your trips dates? Honestly, I think if you buy Disney gift cards in the amount of the dining plan, you will come out ahead. Spending $700 + dining plan, you are going to lose a good deal of money. With gift cards, you will have more flexibility, but still be able to treat it like a pre-paid dining plan.

Trying to comprehend wanting to 'throw away' $700 bucks for a little convenience when dining! That's a lot of money to us, and most people I know! :eek:

Sounds like you will be with your parents, can't you just handle the 'bill' situation yourselves if they aren't in a position to understand it? To each their own, though! :confused3

Your pre-booked FP+'s require ticket media, so yes, if you ever cancel your package your FP's will go away. One of the disadvantages of packages. I'm not sure what would happen if you purchased extra tickets, linked them to your profile, then cancelled the package. Perhaps they would stay...
You lose the FP+ because of the difference between the 60 day resort window vs 30 days for tickets/APs...and you can't wait until after 30 days since then you'd need to make full payment in addition to losing the $200 deposit.

ETA: I just had this happen...have APs & cancelled/rebooked my resort package online so I didn't have to call - I had to rebook my FP+s

Question for you all - I booked a campsite for one day (2 days) for our quick stopover at the parks. I understand we don't have to physically check-in, we can do that online, but do we have to "check-out"?

Question for you all - I booked a campsite for one day (2 days) for our quick stopover at the parks. I understand we don't have to physically check-in, we can do that online, but do we have to "check-out"?

Did this the first week of June. Did online check-in. Never went to the campgrounds on check-in or check out day. We had no contact with the campgrounds on our check out day and haven't received anything from Disney saying there was something we should have done and didn't. We did visit the campgrounds later in the week for a ADR but that doesn't have anything to do with this question.

I am just wondering the latest with this? If you book a room say at the campsites for one night that you can then book ADR's for 180 + 10 or do you need to book more nights, then cancel. If you do try to cancel is there a penalty? I have checked the site for room only and it looks like you would just forfeit the one night's fee. In addition, how does the 60 day's for the fast pass plus work for either senario? any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Wondermouse

I am just wondering the latest with this? If you book a room say at the campsites for one night that you can then book ADR's for 180 + 10 or do you need to book more nights, then cancel. If you do try to cancel is there a penalty? I have checked the site for room only and it looks like you would just forfeit the one night's fee. In addition, how does the 60 day's for the fast pass plus work for either senario? any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Wondermouse

My understanding of this (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), you can book tour ADR'S at 180 days plus length of stay (so check in day to check out day), and FP'S 60 days + length of stay. So from check in to check out day. And with a room only reservation, you just need a 1 night deposit, and you can cancel up to 5 days before the reservation with no penalty. After that you would forfeit the 1 night deposit. But just remember, if you cancel outside of the 30 days, your FP'S would get cancelled, because then you have no on site reservation to have the 60 day FP's. Make sense? So you would just want to make sure you cancel like at 25 days before reservation to keep the FP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter