Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a campsite which we have no intention of using. Used that reservation to book FP+. August 27th will be exactly 30 days before the trip. If I cancel the reservation on any date past that, will Disney also cancel my FP+s? Should I wait until I get my MBs to cancel? I'm planning to call and tell them I'm staying elsewhere offsite and please not to cancel our FP+...

I don't think that call would count for much, either way.

Anyone linked-in as part of your MDE account can be included in making your 60-days-out FP+ reservations.
Thanks! I am confused because the ticket has been linked to my account since our last trip when he wasn't able to come but wasn't sure how I could book FP+ 60 day out if he wasn't on our room ressie! So if we book our add on nt at the beginning with my husbands MDE would we get another set of Magicbands even without tickets for that stay?

Thanks! I am confused because the ticket has been linked to my account since our last trip when he wasn't able to come but wasn't sure how I could book FP+ 60 day out if he wasn't on our room ressie! So if we book our add on nt at the beginning with my husbands MDE would we get another set of Magicbands even without tickets for that stay?
Yes. MagicBands are distributed based on an onsite reservation. No tickets are necessary.

If your upcoming All Star stay is booked on your current MDE account, and your APs are also linked to that same MDE account, the new MBs will already be linked to that same MDE account.
If that's the case, you cannot get 3 extra same-day FP using the MBs and the APs.

If the above is the case, you can only book the 3 advanced FP+ per day, and then must wait until after those are used (or cancelled, or expired) before you can book any more same-day FP+.

OTOH, if the APs are NOT linked to the same account as your current upcoming All Star stay, you can book 3 additional same-day FP+ anytime on the days that you are in the parks, using your MB for one set of 3, and your stand-alone AP for the other 3.
The reservation in my MDE. Is their anyway to unlink it to get same day FP's. Also, the ones I will get for this upcoming stay, can I go in the future to a shop and try to exchange and upgrade them to a magic band with a character and pay the difference?

The reservation in my MDE.

1. Is their anyway to unlink it to get same day FP's.
2. Also, the ones I will get for this upcoming stay, can I go in the future to a shop and try to exchange and upgrade them to a magic band with a character and pay the difference?

1. You can cancel the resort reservation.
Then, create an entirely new MDE account and book another resort stay using it.

2. Nope.
"Everyone" with a plain MB would want to do this. Pandemonium! ;)

1. You can cancel the resort reservation.
Then, create an entirely new MDE account and book another resort stay using it.

2. Nope.
"Everyone" with a plain MB would want to do this. Pandemonium! ;)
Hi

Quick question. I actually was able to split a resort stay between All Star Movies and Music and was able to save money in the process with a deal from Travelocity now. So I have the first 2 nights at All Star Music (not linked to any MDE account) booked already and then the last night with All Stars Movies (already linked). Once I get the Travelocity booking number, I can go to MDE and sign up a second account and link the reservation, and then check into the resort and get the bands and do SDFP? Should I link the reservation before I check in or just show up and get the bands and then link on MDE? Also, I would not have the ability if I link in advance to pre-book Fastpasses on this new account? Thanks. This stuff is just mind boggling, but love it.

Hi

Quick question. I actually was able to split a resort stay between All Star Movies and Music and was able to save money in the process with a deal from Travelocity now. So I have the first 2 nights at All Star Music (not linked to any MDE account) booked already and then the last night with All Stars Movies (already linked).

1. Once I get the Travelocity booking number, I can go to MDE and sign up a second account and link the reservation, and then check into the resort and get the bands and do SDFP?
2. Should I link the reservation before I check in
3. or just show up and get the bands and then link on MDE? Also,
4. I would not have the ability if I link in advance to pre-book Fastpasses on this new account?

1. Yes and yes.
2. You can.
3. You can... OR:
4. You would, IF you have valid tickets in the NEW account, too.
Valid tickets are required in an account to make advance FP+ reservations.
Your APs are already linked to your first MDE account, so you'd need to buy extra tickets.
You can SAVE these new tickets and not actually use them this trip.
You could then use them on a future trip as they are, or upgrade by adding days, or even use their value to buy new APs.
But not to help renew your current APs, as the new tickets
would be linked to "someone else" (your alter ego in the new MDE account.)

Last edited:
The bands used to get advance FPs are only eligible to get one more at a time after the three advance FPs have been used or expired. After using the fourth one you can get a fifth, then after using that a sixth if there is still time and availability.

Using spare bands means you can get three SDFP the first time you go to the kiosk. You can get the additional FPs in the same manner after those three are gone. In addition to getting three FPs for one visit to the kiosk, the other big advantage is that you can grab those three first thing in the morning. If you have to wait until after lunch for your advance FPs to expire, there might not be good availability for a fourth one (except at MK).
So I've been reading a little more about this. I assume I'd have to link the 5 extra magic bands to a different account. Is this doable if it's on one reservation? If so is it as simple as creating a new MDE account and linking the 5 extra bands to that extra account?

So I've been reading a little more about this. I assume I'd have to link the 5 extra magic bands to a different account. Is this doable if it's on one reservation? If so is it as simple as creating a new MDE account and linking the 5 extra bands to that extra account?

If you are booking a throwaway campsite for five people, create five fake names and make the reservation for a full 10 people. Your park tickets will be linked to the real names, and the fake name bands would have no tickets. The fake bands can be used for SDFP without linking to a different MDE. It's like you are using someone else's MBs.

The issue arises when you use the same MDE for the same people (such as a split stay or reusing bands from a previous stay). When that happens, the extra MBs are clones linked to the real names. But that won't be the case here, because they can't clone them when they think it is 10 different people.

So my DH says we should camp at disney for a night maybe for our dd bday which is during a 2 week trip (offsite). I didn't know how brilliant that idea was until i read about the " throw away " room (this thread). We wouldn't actually be throwing it away but do i have this right.. for 1 night stay they will send magic bands for all on the reservation, parking for 2 days and emh for 2 days and early fast pass for those days?

do they still rent tents for $30?
Any other perks?
When do they send magic bands?

for 1 night stay they will send magic bands for all on the reservation, parking for 2 days and emh for 2 days and early fast pass for those days?

Yes, but I'm not 100% sure about if you get one day of FP or two. You would need at least a 2 day ticket IF they give you the two days of FP for a one night stay.

They send MBs inside a month from the stay.

parking for 2 days and emh for 2 days and early fast pass for those days?
Yes; you can book FPs from check-in day through check-out day. With separately linked tickets, your offsite park days prior to your onsite stay will be included in the open 60-day booking window.

For all offsite park days after you check-out of your onsite stay, you'll be able to book your FPs on a rolling 60-days out basis.

Yes, but I'm not 100% sure about if you get one day of FP or two. You would need at least a 2 day ticket IF they give you the two days of FP for a one night stay.

They send MBs inside a month from the stay.

If I'm not mistaken, and someone please correct me if I am, but can't she make her FP choices early, at the 60 day mark, as long as she does it as a rolling 60 day mark? In other words, 60 days out from each day she wants to get FPs.
Hope this is still correct, I'm pretty sure that's how its been....unless there's a change I don't know about.

Last edited:
In order to get a slight advantage, can I book a dummy reservation a few days before our actual trip? I would book a package since I haven't bought out tickets yet. I'm staying on site with a room only reservation and I would purchase our tickets before the 30 day window. I'm thinking if I book a few days before our trip, I can get some better fass passes towards the end of the package, which is really my start of the trip. I would cancel the package before the 45 day window and make sure the tickets are linked in MDE before I cancel. Does this make sense, is it worth it to try and do this?

Thanks

Does this make sense, is it worth it to try and do this?
No. If you cancel a package, you lose your tickets and the FPs.

Purchase your tickets separately. If you want a few days advantage, book another onsite room as Room-only and then cancel that room when you are within the 60-day booking period for your original reservation.

No. If you cancel a package, you lose your tickets and the FPs.

Purchase your tickets separately. If you want a few days advantage, book another onsite room as Room-only and then cancel that room when you are within the 60-day booking period for your original reservation.

So then it's OK to cancel the throwaway room?
You won't lose your FP's? Also, I'm assuming, you won't lose any ADRs you've made either. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter