Thrift stores in Colorado?

mjantz

DIS Veteran
We're going to Colorado next month & I was wondering if there were any good thrift stores, especially in the Colorado Springs & Denver areas & parts in-between. Good vintage or discount stores would be helpful as well.

Finally, best outlet mall? I can probably only get hubby to stop at 1 so I want to make the best of it. Thanks!!

There's an outlet mall in Castle Rock. I don't do outlet malls...haven't since they changed from true outlets to what they are now...so I can't give you first-hand info about it.

As for thrift stores, try searching for the Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs area in CO Springs. If you want antiques, try Florence, CO. It's about 90 minutes south of the Springs...you can get there a couple of ways. Highway 50 is a nice scenic drive. If you're headed to the Royal Gorge down in Canon City, you could swing through Florence on your way to or from.

I haven't stumbled across any great "emporium" type stores since I've been back...the main thrift stores in the Springs are the Arc and Goodwill.

I came back to add...if you like bargains, check out Rubberdollar.com. They sell discount coupons for the Pike's Peak area. Right now their boards are pretty empty...I got an e-mail that they're clearancing this month's coupons and will reload with fresh coupons next week...probably close to the 30th.

I used them a lot when I lived near the Springs. Usually, when I redeemed their coupons I ended up getting better deals than they offered. I've used their putt-putt golf, Balancing Rock Trading Post at the Garden of the Gods, and the Royal Gorge...as well as some restaurants and a climbing wall.

I don't know about thrift stores. We are 10 minutes away from Castle Rock outlet mall but we don't go there as the prices are pretty high. The best outlet mall in the Denver Metro area is Colorado Mills Mall. We have to drive 35 minutes to get there but the savings are amazing. Their Eddie Bauer store is the best. Very discounted prices (eg, less than $20). Here is the website:
http://www.simon.com/mall/MallDirectory.aspx?id=1237

I live in the Denver 'burbs, and I can say that the Goodwills here are awesome. We have one 5 minutes from our house (Aurora, just north of the intersection of Parker and Arapahoe), and there's also one about 15 minutes south of us on Parker Road in Parker. I've found GREAT bargains at both those locations. There are a ton of Goodwills in the Denver area.

I live in the Denver 'burbs, and I can say that the Goodwills here are awesome. We have one 5 minutes from our house (Aurora, just north of the intersection of Parker and Arapahoe), and there's also one about 15 minutes south of us on Parker Road in Parker. I've found GREAT bargains at both those locations. There are a ton of Goodwills in the Denver area.

Hi neighbor! Live at Arapahoe and Parker! ;) I've donated plenty to the Goodwill up the road!

Jill in CO

When I lived there in the 90's there was an awesome Goodwill store in downtown Colorado Springs. They had a huge toys section, collectibles area and clothing section. Me and the kids went at least once a week and found super deals. I hope it's still there when you go. :goodvibes

There's also ARC thrift stores (arcthrift.com) all over CO and on Saturdays they have 50% off. It's like a Goodwill.

I agree for outlet malls, I rather go to Colorado Mills than the Outlets at Castle Rock, I find they have better deals and a lot more stores. To me, the best Outlet shops are up in Silverthorn but that is a lot further North and West than where you are going!

There is a shop in Colorado Springs called XSThreads, they are in the University Village Shopping center on North Nevada ave. They buy and sell used clothing, we found some good items there a few weeks ago when they were clearing out their inventory.

The best thing about Colorado Mills is that they have a small Lego store there! My younger son loves going and getting a cup of assorted Legos. The price is pretty much what you'd pay at DTD, but, it's Lego!

Ditto on the Colorado Mills Mall. We always walk out of there with bags full of stuff for really great prices!!

The Castle Rock outlet mall has gone way downhill IMO. I would not bother with that one, but Colorado Mills is great.

Also check out Savers. I find their prices to be much better than Goodwill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter