Three things you learned on your last trip!

1. I didn't realize that some CMs are so incredibly wonderful that they could reduce me to tears (i.e., the interaction with my DD and the Fairy Godmothers In Training at BBB).
2. I didn't realize that a counter service meal would cost approximately $10 (or more) per person, and was surprised that most CS "meals" didn't include a drink.
3. I was absolutely unprepared for the 8 billion people leaving MK at exactly the same time after Wishes, literally creating a situation where you can't move for 15 minutes because of the wall-to-wall people. :scared:

1. There is NO better place to celebraye your 40th birthday!

2. If you arrive a couple of days before your package starts, you can go to guest services at a park and get your tickets early (even though the CM at check-in will tell you it's not possible!).

3. You get free valet parking with DDE. :)

1. If you have heel spurs, don't wait until the last day of your trip to rent a wheelchair! :eek:

2. The Epcot children's Passports helped my kids have a wonderful time at Epcot! They were so proud when they finished getting their stamps from every country.

3. Sometimes the kids really would rather just go swimming at the hotel pool than spend time in the parks. They like to relax a little sometimes.

1) That Jellyrolls is now a must do

2) You can gather up souveniers bought at the park with ones bought at Downtown Disney and have them all shipped home for not much money and get rid of the stress of how am I going to get this all home

3) Friday and Saturday nights during the Food and Wine at Epcot are just to busy to be worth the battle

3. Jungle Cruise is not worth the wait, ever.

Oh this is so not true!!!

They key is WHEN you do the JC and what driver you get!
Do JC when it gets dark, bring your honey along for some snuggling :cloud9:
It's a great ride!! :thumbsup2

Its been 8 years, but I can come up with 3....

1. It is not a vacation unless you eat at 1 sit down resturaunt.

2. I don't need to bring a 30lb. backpack. Water, bandaids, camera. period.

3. When you 16 year old says he'd rather stay home, leave him with the grandparents. They don't perk up once they get there.

I learned if you have a child with ADD or Autism you can get a special fast pass..I never new that existed..my brothers son has PDD and now maybe they can enjoy Disney also.

I learned the monorail is so convient at the Poly but to get to Epcot was a long ride (I didn't realize we had to transfer)..now I know!

I liked the Poly but it's refurbishment only brought it into the mid-80's lol~

The best thing I learned is that we actually loved Disney and are returning this Sept..next stop the GF :wizard:

382257538505_0_ALB.jpg

1. If you have heel spurs, don't wait until the last day of your trip to rent a wheelchair! :eek:

2. The Epcot children's Passports helped my kids have a wonderful time at Epcot! They were so proud when they finished getting their stamps from every country.

3. Sometimes the kids really would rather just go swimming at the hotel pool than spend time in the parks. They like to relax a little sometimes.

Ditto on #3, There were several times during our stay that our kids said they wanted to go to the pool. we should have listened more. My three year old is such a homebody that when we arrived at the hotel nad said we were going to see mickey he said okay I'll stay here. Next time we will deffinatly plan for more time at the pool.

We learned A LOT! But I'll give the top 3...

1) Camping at Fort Wilderness is Just Plain ole' FUN! There is A LOT to to do there; even if you never get to ONE park, it's a blast!

2) Kidcot stops at Epcot were my 4 year old's favorite thing of our whole time. :woohoo:

3) None of our kids would rather sit for a parade than go on more rides. For us they just didn't impress.:confused3

1. That the Beauty and the Beast show would bring my wife to tears. We had missed it two other visits. We now have a snowglobe in the Disney room.

2. Sci Fi was just not for us. But magic of Disney, everything is not for everyone.

3. Oh my gosh how much do we love Buzzlighter and TTA.

PS......You can get a ton done between 9 and 1. Even in June.

1. September is really hot - hot as S. Texas hot!

2. It's nearly impossible to get a straight answer regarding transportation.

3. Crocs are not, I repeat NOT, the comfy shoes they are cracked up to be!
Blisters on the bottoms of both feet do not make for happy walking ;)

After 20 trips to Disney, I finally figured out something so new and wonderful that it actually saved me some intense stress..

Just because the park is closed, doesn't mean you HAVE to race out of there like a maniac to get to the busses before everyone else does!

After the show at Epcot..omg, illuminations? We used to race out to get to the busses, same thing for Wishes at MK. But this last time, we just found a bench and had a seat and enjoyed the scenery. Then after about 20-30 mins, we mosied up to the front of the park and stopped to look at things here and there. We were being swept out by CM's along with many other people, but by time we got to the bus area it wasn't so insane with people.

Omg, we used to make the poor kids walk briskly with us and then try to cram on to the busses with thousands of other people, no more. I will take my time now, thank you.

1-to set realistic goals to be up & out of the room

2-that my pal mickey is really a pal..lol! we love him!!

3-that you really do need to go back to the room midday-and chill out for a while

I have a #4 too-

4-That you must schedule a day off to regroup midway through your trip- to just hang out by the pool or go for a nice walk--

1. The majority of people who visit the parks are not early risers. I was very happy to be in the minority and accomplish so much during Christmas week.
2. Having ADRs for late brunches or lunch can put a damper on park touring when you're on a roll (again, accomplishing so much from arriving for park openings).
3. Disney transportation is wonderful. Again, this goes back to the early riser thing. Having the bus to yourself to the parks in the morning is a magical way to start the day!

We have learned to pack the little things that we take for granted at home....pain relievers/pepto/cold medicine.
That if you do have an emergency the staff at POP are great.
What I didn't know, and still can't make some believe is how seeing your child with his favorite characters can almost make a mom cry.

1. At WDW it is acceptable to wear a fanny pack. It is helpful if you purchase a Disney fanny pack so you are not tempted to wear it elsewhere

2. A Nintendo DS for your child while waiting in line saves your sanity

3. I like the parades more than my child.

Ok, our most recent trip was to Disneyland, but I think my three things apply.

1). Moleskin should be cut ahead of time at home, and I can't live without it!

2). SLOW down and enjoy every moment. I'd rather do LESS and enjoy MORE.

3). Strollers make my 5 & 7 year olds really ENJOY the trip...I don't care how many people look at me funny!!!:yay:

1. Soarin is my new favorite ride at Epcot.
2. Expedition Everest lived up to all the hipe I had seen on the Travel Channel.
3. Don't got to Downtown Disney as you day of rest. There is to much walking and shopping to call it a leisure day.

Kim

And MY DH's responses are:
1. Fishing is great at Disney. We did a bass fishing tour.
2. If you are sick don't try to go to MK and EPCOT in the same day.
3. Last week in April is a perfect time to go both crowds and temp.

Ryan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter