Three Broomsticks restaurant

Tinkjon

hailing to the pumpkin sound
Am I correct in assuming that you can't make a reservation for this restaurant? And would it be impossible to ge a birthday cake delivered here?

Lastly, can anyone tell me if there is obvious Harry Potter theming in the restaurant? We are trying to decide where to eat for my Harry Potter-mad daughter's birthday and I wondered whether The Three Broomsticks looked obviously Harry Potterish, or is it just a plain-looking restaurant?

Thank you very much!

no reservations for lunch or dinner, breakfast requires one and it's only for packages and I think guests at the onsite hotels, food is served cafeteria style on trays

the theming is very Potter friendly, I have heard that it is very similar to the old tavern that was there but I never saw that, there are hidden Potter items throughout the restaurant and the workers will let you roam to take pictures

the food is not that great, average at best so be prepared for that, I had the soup and salad combo with ice tea and was satisfied for lunch

The Three Broomsticks is a counter service so no reservations. I really don't know about having a birthday cake there.

As for the themeing, it is very much Potter themed. Not in the obvious "Harry Potter" everywhere way, but in that it is a recreation of the Three Broomsticks from the books and films. If you watch the 6th Potter film Half Blood Prince there is a scene in which the trio sit in the Three Broomsticks and drink butterbeer, the film version and the Universal version are practically identical(which was done on purpose) down to the assortment of deer antlers on the massive fireplace. There are also a lot of theme touches to make the place seem as realisting as possible. If you look up into the upstairs hotel portion of the restaraunt you will see things such as a moving mop bucket, the shadows of House Elves on the walls doing various housekeeping such as folding linen, doors that seem to open and shut and the voices of people staying in the rooms.

All of Hogsmeade is a recreation from the books and films, in fact in the latest film they added more to the film version of Hogsmeade to match that of the theme park such as the Owlery. It is uncanny how much they matched it so both the park version and the film version match.

As for the food, I've found it very good. It is mostly traditional British food but it is the standard Americanized versions of it. Nothing out of the ordinary unless you go for breakfast and get the English Breakfast.

Great that it's so well-themed, I'm very pleased to hear that! I'm not so bothered about the food - I mean it wouldn't be my ideal choice of dining :) but it's for the kids and they seem to resort to eating only plain, standard kids food on holiday :confused3 so basic 'something and chips' is all they need.

Thanks!

There is also a neat "patio" area on the backside of the 3 broomsticks that has a great view of Hogwarts Castle. It's a good spot for enjoying a butterbeer that you can order from the bar. Regarding your question on the cake, I would call US customer service and ask.

Anyone know when they open up for lunch?

I'm trying to decide whether to stick around and eat lunch there, not sure if we will have enough to do if we are there for early entry.

Anyone know when they open up for lunch?

I'm trying to decide whether to stick around and eat lunch there, not sure if we will have enough to do if we are there for early entry.
Most of the restaurants usually start serving lunch around 11am or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter