Threads dont get highlighted

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by imgoingtodisney, Apr 28, 2001.

?

?

1. *

2. *

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. imgoingtodisney

imgoingtodisney Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e

In old forums once I read a thread it was highlighted a different color. This way I knew I read it. In the new forums once a thread is read it does not get highlighted. How do I know I read the thread? Its confusing. Help

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GrammieMame

GrammieMame <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

That's the first thing I noticed. I also like to see what I have already read. Hope they "fix" it.

4. babar

babar <font color=red>Has many quirks</font><br><font co

me too. I can never remember what I've read already!!

5. jesdmill1

jesdmill1 Eeyore lover

I agree!

6. wackywitch

wackywitch Guest

Here's another vote to keep the highlighting!

7. StarCloud

StarCloud I'm a Disney Addict...and proud of it!!

I must also add my vote. It made things much easier for this forgetful brain!

8. Barbruka

Barbruka "Please, one more Mickey Bar?"

They don't get highlighted, but they do have a little beaded box around your post after you read it, so it shouldn't be a problem!

9. wackywitch

wackywitch Guest

I see it now! Thanks Barbruka!

10. karensi

karensi <font color=9999FF>Taking grandchildren to WDW wil

I just posted this same question on the Resorts Board. I too wish the highlighting would return. It is sooo helpful as previously mentioned . It is true that the beading shows when you click on a post but it doesn't remain there as the highlighting did, for those of us whose brains rely on backups;) PLEASE if anyone in the know reads this and has some input into these boards PLEASE return the highlighting :D

11. Rodrigo

Rodrigo Epcot Mexico

Hope they can fix it.

12. Goofy'sFriend

Goofy'sFriend "Gawrsh"

Another highlighting vote:p!

13. LisaTx

LisaTx <font color=3366FF>Domestic Goddess<br>

After you read a thread the envelope should be closed. When there are more new replies, it will have letters again. This should help a little.

When things settle down a bit, we will talk to the webmasters to see if we can get the changing thread colors back. :D

14. tlcraw4d

tlcraw4d Earning My Ears

The changing envelope icon would be a decent replacement for the hi-lighting, but, unfortunately for me, it doesn't seem to change to clodsed after I've read the thread. Oh well.:rolleyes:

15. ILovMickey

ILovMickey Earning My Ears

That's the first thing I noticed too. I can't remember which ones I've read either! Also I don't have to spend time looking through the on'e I already read. I hope they fix it too! :pinkbounc

16. Dodie

Dodie <font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font

...is that the threads I've read aren't highlighted. I'll start looking more closely at the envelopes, but I guess I'm a creature of habit!

Bring back the highlighting!:(

17. ReneeQ

ReneeQ DIS Veteran

I am begging for the highlighting to return! I tried using the "open envelope" thing, but it doesn't seem to help me. When I sign onto a board I notice all the envelopes open with new letters sticking out of them. But I'm off and on these boards all day, for just a few minutes each time.

I have noticed if I sign onto a board and read just a few posts and then sign off, when I sign back on in half an hour or so, ALL the envelopes are closed (unless they've had new posts since I was on), even the ones I didn't read last time. It's like it marks them all "read" just because I was on the board, not whether or not I actually clicked on them.

I totally am open to the fact that I could be missing something here or doing something wrong, as I am computer illiterate, but I must admit the lack of highlighting is keeping me off these boards. It's just too frustrating.