Thread on the CB has really got me mad!

I read a few posts here and there in that thread and just had to walk away. I agree that there are people there who I am embarassed to be linked with in any way, as a straight person or as a Christian. The "because God intended it that way" argument infuriates me as well. How can any of us know what God intends? The God I believe in is one of love, I can't imagine that there is a problem with people LOVING, no matter who it is they choose to love. It baffles me that these people think a child is better off in the foster care system rather than in a stable and loving home that just so happens to have 2 moms or 2 dads.

As a straight person, I guess I feel like the best I can do is to speak out when I have the chance, to be a supportive voice to the GLBT community and MOST important, to make sure my sons grow up to be open minded and non-judgemental CSPs themselves. For them to know that to condem someone for who they chose to share their life or their bed with (or for the color of their skin or the building they sit in to worship...or not to worship etc) is just flat out wrong. It's not our job to judge. That's one thing I'm quite sure that God wants....for me to leave the judgement to him. ;)

I got pissed off when they used the term "Brokeback Liberals". So what, is calling someone a "Brokeback" anything the new insult?

I hate closed-minded bigots, but I guess we have to live with them.

FergieTCat said:
I got pissed off when they used the term "Brokeback Liberals". So what, is calling someone a "Brokeback" anything the new insult?

:eek: I didn't even see that! That's disgusting, but not surprising considering some of the other things I read on that thread. Has it been active today? I haven't noticed it yet.

It was on another thread, by someone who was staunchly defending our President. :rolleyes: So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

disneynutt1225 said:
:eek: I didn't even see that! That's disgusting, but not surprising considering some of the other things I read on that thread. Has it been active today? I haven't noticed it yet.

RickinNYC said:
By the ways everyone, rather than complaining about that thread on the Community Board over here, go and visit it and post your own thoughts.

We all need to let others hear our voices. If we only talk amongst ourselves, what purpose would that serve? It might be cathartic to get things off our chest, but it would be better served by letting others see the ignorance in their closed minds.

On that note, I really really strongly urge you to do so but to do it by following the DIS rules, i.e. no name calling and nothing offensive.

I came across this thread last night while searching posts of a member who was being an absolute smart aleck to me in another thread that I never should have posted in (apparently).
I read thru it quickly, but it was enough to leave me seething with anger at the ignorance I continue to see everyday. Needless to say, I posted my opinion and hopefully I made sense in the process.

Not sure I can go back over there to read more of it.

I really liked the post I came to before reading the one quoted above. The poster talked about her "lifestyle" and the mundane things she does everyday. In other words, what does being gay have to do with your "lifestyle". I don't really think the fact that I'm straight describes MY lifestyle. Mine is much as the poster mentioned. I get up, talk with my DH. Together we spend time with our 2yo and maybe we go out for some lunch. Dh goes off to work, my older DD's get home, and I swing into full gear taking care o f 3 DD's by myself(the 2 older ones fight incessantly). THAT my dear, is a "lifestyle". I'm STILL lost as to who a person loves, or lives with, or dates is anyone else's business and why it matters enough to cause a huge debate. :confused3

glass slipper girl said:
I read a few posts here and there in that thread and just had to walk away. I agree that there are people there who I am embarassed to be linked with in any way, as a straight person or as a Christian. The "because God intended it that way" argument infuriates me as well. How can any of us know what God intends? The God I believe in is one of love, I can't imagine that there is a problem with people LOVING, no matter who it is they choose to love. It baffles me that these people think a child is better off in the foster care system rather than in a stable and loving home that just so happens to have 2 moms or 2 dads.

As a straight person, I guess I feel like the best I can do is to speak out when I have the chance, to be a supportive voice to the GLBT community and MOST important, to make sure my sons grow up to be open minded and non-judgemental CSPs themselves. For them to know that to condem someone for who they chose to share their life or their bed with (or for the color of their skin or the building they sit in to worship...or not to worship etc) is just flat out wrong. It's not our job to judge. That's one thing I'm quite sure that God wants....for me to leave the judgement to him. ;)

Took the words right outta my mouth! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter