1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Thread of Honor for those reaching Goal!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by tiggerlover, Aug 1, 2003.

1. tiggerlover

tiggerlover <font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br

Have you reached goal? If so, show off your accomplishments here and help inspire those of us who are still making our way towards our goals. There is no better motivation than seeing before and after pictures of those who have worked hard and achieved their goal. Whether your goal was 10 pounds or 100 pounds we would love to see your pictures and read your story.

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Beanie

Beanie ~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~

I agree, that is a wonderful idea! Hopefully one of the Mods on this board will see this and stick it for you! :)

4. goofy4wdw59

goofy4wdw59 * DVC Member 2001 * Number 1 Fan of the DVC A

Yes, I agree! It's very inspiring/motivating for me to see the "before" and "after" pictures. It gives me hope that...
    I too...will one day, reach my goal!
    Maybe some kind of "Thread of Honor" to goal people as it's really an achievement that deserves some attention!:)
    Margaret

5. marydmjj

marydmjj DIS Veteran

Great idea! There's nothing more motivating then seeing before & after pics.

6. tiggerlover

I think that is a great title for a thread like this. Now all we need is a moderator to see this post and give us some feedback.

7. *Flower*

*Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Bumping for a Mod....... :wave:

8. tiggerlover

Bumping in the hopes a moderator will read this post.

9. Beastlover

Beastlover When leaving a room, make it dramatic...use Jazz h

Wonderful idea!! Great job on all the hard work!!:p

10. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo <font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I have reached my originally set goal!!!!! My before/during/after pictures are in the family album thread. :) They are big and lots of them- so I'm not sure I should post them again here in this thread?

I reached my goal on 8/16/03... but I'm not exactly where I'd like to be. That's just the goal I set when I was at my heaviest weight. At this point I don't care if I never lost another lb- but I have serious issues in some problem areas like stomach, thighs and even my calves are big... so I'm focusing my determination now from losing weight to maintaining that weight and exercising! That's been my weakness all along.

Wish me luck on that. LOL I am the queen of making excuses when it comes to exercising....

11. TigH

TigH <font color=red>WISH success story<br><font color=

Ok! :)

Here is a link to some before and after pictures. I need to update Ross' pictures! Hopefully he will let me take some pictures of him over the weekend. I really hope nobody thinks this is too vain. I am proud of how I look now, but it has taken alot of hard work and I have only looked this way for a short period of my life. I wish I had some pictures of me from my heaviest point, but they were involved in a nasty break-up years ago and my ex-boyfriend never returned them to me. Oh well! I do have a picture of me from about 10 years ago when I was around 175 pounds and in a really tight 14, but I need to scan it in and our scanner is on the fritz! Anyway, I'm in much better shape at 34 than I was at 24, that's for sure!

http://www.rossandkaren.org/karenrossbefore.htm

12. mowsie dreamer

mowsie dreamer <font color=blue>100 Days <font color=red>Cheat Fr

Oh my!!! You both have done so well!!! It's so inspirational to me to see and read what others have been able to accomplish!! It just helps so much to know others have been through this and have actually made it to the other side!!!

Karen-You were beautiful before, but now....VA VA VOOM!!! I love those pics of you holding out the front of those too baggy jeans in ever smaller sizes!! And if there is one ounce of puckery skin in that shorts pic, it sure don't show, honey!!! You look great!!

Bibbidy-My computer wouldn't show your pics in the family album but 70 pounds and 78.5+inches are plenty inspirational to me!!!It really takes a special commitment to reach that kind of loss!!

Thanks to you both for posting on this thread!!:D

13. Beastlover

Beastlover When leaving a room, make it dramatic...use Jazz h

TigH-WOW!!!:Pinkbounc Those are some IMPRESSIVE photos!! You look beautiful!! What an inspiration you are--all your hard work is showing in MAJOR ways!! You can definately see the muscles you are building!! The next pics you post should show how ripped your abs are getting!
    We are our toughest critics, and you should give yourself more credit!! You look great!
    Thanks for posting!:p

14. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo <font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate DIS Lifetime Sponsor

15. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Ladies, you look mahvelous! Gee - when I think how both of you started losing weight early in 2003...I think of all the time I have wasted!!! :(

I have plenty of chubby pics posted on the DIS - so I'm looking forward to being able to post slim and trim ones in the next few months. :)

16. cheyita

cheyita <font color=FF99FF>If you believe in the Tag Fairy

Great job! This is the inspiration I need. I'm just getting started, and I need to have someplace to motivate me to not cheat. Or at least not to cheat often.

17. SnackyStacky

SnackyStacky <font color=9900FF>Disney Addict<br><table border=

I can't help but show off!!! :) I'm usually not so vain, but I really have never done anything as monumental in my life as losing 164 pounds. And if I was that heavy so I could show the before and after pictures and help somebody, then I'm thrilled to help.

Here's me at goal with my lovely fiancée, Lisa.
    [​IMG]

And here I am at my heaviest of 352 pounds:
    [​IMG]

For the one or two of you who don't know my story....I had gone to Disney World in January of 2002, and had my picture taken in the teacups. I brought them home, and my father remarked that I "really fill up a teacup!". I knew that it was bad when my father was taking shots at me! So I went to Weight Watchers, and in the course of about 18 months or so, lost 164 pounds.

18. swea_pea1

swea_pea1 <font color=teal>Call me Ms, not Mrs.<font color=p

You all need to know that you're not posting "in vain"! You all did a really great job and are an inpiration to those of us who have not yet met our goal. Congrats!!!!!!

19. dzneprincess

dzneprincess This page intentionally left blank

Tig, Bipidy and snacky! Thank you for posting these pictures! They are so awe inspiring to thise of us that are still trying! It is a visual reminder that not only can it be done, but I know someone who has done it! ( Well kinda)

20. FantasticDisFamily

FantasticDisFamily <font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c

Hi gang,

I've been out of touch for several months but wanted to let you all know that I not only made goal but have stayed there through the holidays!

That was a total of 110 pounds that I took off between January 31, 2003 and mid-November 2003. I promise to dig out, scan, and post some before and after photos soon.

And even though I was out of touch I haven't stopped thinking about all of you! Keep the faith, keep movin' and keep losin'.

On that note I'm off for my morning walk!

Deb

21. R_Judy

R_Judy <font color=purple>U.S. Air Force Family<br><font

You all are so amazing!!! I look at my fat pictures and want to cry. Someday, I too will look at them and celebrate. You are all truely role models.