Thoughts on Tony's in MK

Shelly888

DIS Veteran
Having a tough time deciding between Tonys our existing ressie, and wispering canyon and 1900 pf.

Tony's is very average Italian food.

It won't blow you away, but it is not awful.

I would avoid 1900pf, but that is because I have not had any Disney Buffets that are good.

Whispering Canyon - Been a while since I was their but it was not bad at all.

I enjoyed Tony's. It wasn't the best I have had at WDW but it was good. The staff was great. I was there with all age ranges (14 month old to 70 year old and all ages in between) and everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. I have not eaten at the other two places you are considering but I have heard good/bad about almost every eatery at Disney. I booked Tony's because of the MK location. So easy to stop riding, go eat, and then back to the park.

1900 PF was actually decent and we are foodies.Tony's is also decent.
You have to ask whether you want to leave the park or not.Tony's is only a 5 minute walk from the monorail but we figure 45 min round trip to the resort monorail restaurants if we plan on returning after dinner.

We ate at Tony's a couple of years ago and my DH asked to eat there again this December. We must have hit it on an "on" night because we all had great food - took a family vote and Tony's came in at #2 meal of the week, beaten only by a fabulous LeCellier experience. DH had a steak and I had salmon, which may have made a difference.

We ate outside in the glass-enclosed patio area and the parade came by while we were eating dessert, delighting my young niece who thought the princesses were waving directly at her and her alone.

Disclaimer - we haven't tried Tony's but it is on our possible to do list for next summer.

The food at 1900 PF is okay, nothing outstanding. The character interaction at dinner is fabulous! The stepsisters are a riot!! That said, we probably won't ever eat there again. I think it is a go once & then move on kind of place.

We have eaten at WCC on our last three trips. It is not on our to do list for next year. In '06, we all loved it. The food was delicious, the server was fantastic. In '07, it was still pretty good. The food wasn't quite as good as we remembered & our server was boring. In '09, it was just plain blah. The food had again gone downhill & our server, who tried to be entertaining, failed miserably. It seems that WCC is either hit or miss but the same could be said of mose restaurants both in & out of the World.

Having a tough time deciding between Tonys our existing ressie, and wispering canyon and 1900 pf.

Tony's- Decent.. average Italian food. Service is good.

WC- We love this place.. especially if you get a good server..

1900- Trying this one out this upcoming trip..

I've never tried 1900 FP but we did eat both of the other two in May. We absolutely loved both. The food at WP was great and my kids loved calling for ketchup (in fact they do that way at home anytime they need ketchup) however out server was not as entertaining as many of the others we saw. We never could figure out why Tony's gets such bad reviews. One thing we did all enjoy about those two is it wasn't buffet. So many of the others especially if you're doing character are buffet that we get burnt out on them.

I think Tonys is just okay. Have dined there twice, and both times the food is just average. Service both times was great, but if you are expecting knock your socks off Italian food, it isnt going to happen here.

This is our order of preference for the 3:

WCC- my teenager loves the goofiness and as particular an aeater as I am, I like the food.

Tony's - the food is good- kind of like Olive Garden-not fabulous but good

1900- meh

Have never eatten at any of the three but we will eat at Tonys this Sun night. Ive been reading more and more good reviews on it and hope to add mine in later this month after returning home!

Based on a single meal at both Tony's and 1900 Park Fare, I would go with 1900PF. Tony's was just not good for anyone in our family when we went. Our 1900PF experience was a lot better. It is a buffet, but the food was good on our visit.

WCC...gross! Fatty icky meat and way too loud atmosphere

1900 PF....nasty! Terrible over salted food and way too loud atmosphere

Tony's....YUM! We have had dinner there three times and loved it, huge portions too

We ate at Tony's last December. I was a little worried because of all the bad reviews on here, but we all thought it was really good. I'd probably say it was the equivilant of an Olive Garden type meal, but personally I like Olive Garden. 1900 Park Fare, we thought the food was edible, but that was about it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either. If you aren't going for the characters, I certainly wouldn't go for the food.

Tony's is good, nice atmosphere, homey Italian fare.
My family loves 1900, the food is good and the stepsisters are a blast.
Whispering Canyon is Western fare, in a boisterous atmosphere.

They are completely different experiences so it depends on your personal preferences.

I have had good experiences at all of them.

My rankings:
Tony's
WCC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter