Thoughts on Tokyo Dining?

Luv4Dis

Mouseketeer
I recently changed one of our ADR to Tokyo Dining. We really like this sort of food...DH is a big fan of sushi...I'm not. I looked at reviews on the site but they were fairly old. Anyone eat there lately?? BTW we will also have toddler with us...but he loves lomein and rice so I think he will be ok...

Super delicious! We don't eat sushi either and we loved what we had. The steak was good, the rice and the seaweed salad (Love it). DH had the salmon which he enjoyed a lot too! Its one of our favorites in all WDW, Teppan Edo is absolutely fantastic too! :thumbsup2

our new favorite restaurant in EPCOT. if you can get a table by the window during illuminations it makes the dinner even better. service has always been great. our 4 y/o loves the tempura meal. sometimes we just get him a side of rice (in the monorail serving dish) and give him pieces of our bento box or other food we ordered. we always ate at teppan edo, never tokyo dining, but haven't gone back to teppan edo since trying out tokyo dining.

We really enjoyed our meal there. I had the tempura and a delicious green tea pudding for dessert. The sushi prep demonstration is entertaining and the view is great if you get seated near the window.

We will be returning for another meal on our next trip. :thumbsup2

The food was great!!! Its been since March so I can't remember what we had but I remember loving it!!! We too were there with our toddler and he loved the plate/tray that they served the food in, it was a monorail!!!! I looked to purchase one but couldn't find one anywhere!!

my wife has been searching all over for the monorail tray/dish to no avail. the cast members told us they sold it downstairs as recent as 2009, but haven't in almost 2 years. we always try and ask if we could buy one each time we visit! also, if you dine there don't forget to ask them to make kids/training chopsticks. i think our son is getting better at using them than my wife now!

Unfortunately Tokyo Dining represented the worst dining experience we had during our last trip to WDW. I found the food to be very salt, and overall unsatisfying. Perhaps I am more sensitive to salt food because quite frankly I aggressive manage the amount of salt in my food on a daily basis.

I think the most telling thing about Tokyo Dining is that I have read a number of posts from people who seemed to struggle finding updated or current reviews on this restaurant. We had that problem when we were looking for info on Tokyo Dining.

Our Ratings of Tokyo Dining: (rev 5/12/2011)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The seating is at "regular" tables versus hibachi grill
tables or sitting on the floor. The sushi is just above average.
For those on DDP, ala carte Sushi dishes are not covered.
There is a good selection of dishes Americanized to suit guests
not enamored with Japanese food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter