thoughts on these time shares?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by chessie, Jan 2, 2013.

1. chessie

chessie DIS Veteran

We are II owners and are looking at these 3 resorts. We qualify for a 2 bedroom.

Mystic Dunes Resort and Gold Club
    Westgate Vacation Villas
    Diamond resorts Grand Beach

Tripadvisor had some really great reviews about them all and then there is that odd review or two that says worst place I've ever stayed. You just have to wonder. I'm sort of leaning towards Mystic Dunes. Anyone have any thoughts on any of these? We are 2 children 3 adults, ages 8 through 64

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. got4boys

got4boys Mouseketeer

If you are looking close to Disney - Grand Beach is close.

4. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

i would suggest grand beach out of those three as well...

5. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

If you post this in the Dvc boards you might get more responses.

6. dsanner106

dsanner106 DIS Veteran

DVC owners don't trade through II and would not have access to these so probably not much help, unfortunately. There are enough timeshare users on this board though to probably help.

D

7. Snoopy1985

Snoopy1985 Earning My Ears

I've stayed with family at Mystic Dunes and as far as luxery goes I thought it was very nice. Spacious with a nice view. Good Luck!

8. greenclan67

greenclan67 Callie35

The only thing I didn't like about Mystic Dunes and it was a problem for us, maybe not for others, but there were not outdoor hot tubs or spas with the pools. We like to sit with a drink after the parks and relax in them in the evening. But were from Ontario in the middle of winter, so that could be why! :)

9. cheerky

cheerky Mouseketeer

I agree. Its a little bit of a bummer...no hot tubs at the pools. But, our unit had a huge jetted tub.

10. chessie

chessie DIS Veteran

Thank you for your input. I just found out that the Grand Beach doesn't have laundry facilities in the 2 bedroom villas. That is a must for us. I think i'm going with Mystic Dunes as my first choice. A lot of people seem to like it on here. I haven't heard anything about the Westgate so I think I need to go back to the drawing board as I need to have an alternate in case we can't get our first choice.

11. greenclan67

greenclan67 Callie35

We are staying at Westgate Town Center in March and my brother just came back from there. We rented it through RCI and so did he. Said he loved it. Despite some of the negative reviews. He said the resort itself was beautiful, and the timeshare nuts he just told them he didn't make the minimum to even attend the breakfast so not to bother asking him. They left him alone after that. Said his stay was smooth sailing after that!

12. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

I have stayed at all three of these resorts, multiple times at Grand Beach and Mystic Dunes. I'd choose Mystic Dunes.

Grand Beach is very nice with two masters in the 3br units, but the living room and kitchen are small. I've never stayed in a 2br.

Westgate has a lot of different types of units. We stayed in the one with a loft, which was pretty nice, but they have a bad reputation for pushy sales people.

We have stayed many times at Mystic Dunes and always have a good stay. Easier to get to and from WDW than Grand Beach (535 has killer traffic).

Sheila

13. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

Note that Westgate Town Center is a much newer, nicer resort than Westgate Vacation Villas, even though they are in basically the same place.

Sheila

14. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

was just at Westgate this Dec - after staying there in Sept and being bothered by the sales people - one actually came to my door.

well expected it to be the same.

got a shock - no sales people were even mentioned. they left me entirely alone - (first time for me at Westgate) - so don't know.

got a much better villa than I paid for - it was wonderfully - got on the 6th floor facing WDW - so you could see the fireworks.

so got to appreciate the resort. and it is much nicer w/o the sales people trying to sell you.

had an excellent dinner at the bar/lounge/restuarant.

that say might go with Grand Beach.

also had a 3-bedroom and it had 2 washer/dryers - so don't understand how the 2-bedroom does not have one???

rci says the 2-bedroom has washer/dryers at grand beach
    http://www.rci.com/RCI/rdg/availableUnits.do#tab

15. kiki02

kiki02 DIS Veteran

HAVE ALSO stayed at westgate. Not very clean and never again. Left me with a bad impression on all west gate resorts and hotels. :(

16. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

i would agree - except for this trip.

have been traveling with my pets (cats) - so needed a pet friendly resort - that means with RCI only Celebration World resort or Westgate - lately CWR has not been in extra or last minute vacations - but Westgate has.

so went with Westgate and expected the same place got the last time and to be constantly bothered by the sales people (which is what Westgate did before)

as I say nothing.... the villa was beautiful - and it has alot of carpet - the other place was mostly tile. but the view here was the one of the best that I have ever had.

makes me think about my june/july trip hope it is as nice. staying at marriott w/o pets but hoping with friends or relativies.