Thoughts on taking kids out of school

I too had the same question...I told my hubby after this year..no more pulling the girls out of school..then he found the 5 night cruise on the Magic for a great price during Sept. 2014..I decided to get over school! My girls are in 3rd grade and preschool so it's not a big deal yet to take them out..Altho..in 2009 when we first went and took her out..we got the dreaded note about going to jail..Bahahahah...Oh, well..I'll be wearing my ears in jail I guess!! :rotfl2:

I haven't read thru this whole thing, but I generally am against taking kids out of school, but...

It gets more difficult as years go on. Its a lot easier taking a kid out of kindergarten for three days than a high school student who might be on block scheduling (which would be like missing over a week for the subjects they have).

For a kindergarten kid, I wouldn't worry about it...

I'm sooooo glad I found this thread! :cheer2: We're going September 8-12, which means my daughter (3rd grader) will be missing 4 days. I was feeling so guilty about it but you've all put me at ease. :cool1:

I'm sooooo glad I found this thread! :cheer2: We're going September 8-12, which means my daughter (3rd grader) will be missing 4 days. I was feeling so guilty about it but you've all put me at ease. :cool1:

School is for suckers! ;) My would-be-in-3rd-grade (but she doesn't go to school/she's homeschooled) daughter will be there with yours. :wave2: 23 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter