Thoughts on Runaway Railway & DAS

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
I use a DAS (immunocompromised and substantial arthritis so staying still is quite painful). I saw the announcement the M&MRR will be virtual queue and $ILL.

I know my DAS covers $ILL without paying (SWRotR and RSR for example). This has me curious about how it will be with DAS.

Thoughts on if it will be covered by the DAS like other $ILL? I'm not sure if the $ILL had started when other VQs/new ride opens were happening.

I use a DAS (immunocompromised and substantial arthritis so staying still is quite painful). I saw the announcement the M&MRR will be virtual queue and $ILL.

I know my DAS covers $ILL without paying (SWRotR and RSR for example). This has me curious about how it will be with DAS.

Thoughts on if it will be covered by the DAS like other $ILL? I'm not sure if the $ILL had started when other VQs/new ride opens were happening.
I assume you will need a spot in the virtual queue. But then when you return they will put you through the lightning lane rather than the longer regular line. As long as it’s VQ, you will likely not have access without a boarding group.

Historically when the VQ was in place you had to have a VQ to be able to use DAS. I did this multiple times with ROTR before they dropped the VQ for that. Once you have it you’ll go through the LL. But you have to have a VQ first.

You will need to get a VQ to use the DAS time, if you don't have a VQ and don't want to pay for LL then you won't be able to ride. But if you do get into the VQ and get an assigned number or whatever you then can use the DAS.

Can confirm you'll need a spot in the VQ. When your boarding group is called, you'll go to the CM at the entrance and let them know you have DAS, and they will send you through the LL. This is how it worked on Remy's in Epcot when I went about a year ago.

Agree with others. You will need a virtual queue boarding group or to purchase an $ILL. For the Guardians ride in FL, I got the VQ group and when I was called, I was sent to a cast member who converted it to a lightening lane upon checking my VQ group and DAS status. Then I was let through the Lightening Lane. If you purchase the ILL, you will just automatically go through the Lightening Lane. Once the need for VQ is removed, then it will work like Rise or Racers with just a DAS return time.

I thought I understood how DAS works, but assumed we'd still need to buy ILL for things like Rise Of The Resistance. How would we book the ILL through DAS? Will it be on the app? (This trip will be our first time using it.)

I thought I understood how DAS works, but assumed we'd still need to buy ILL for things like Rise Of The Resistance. How would we book the ILL through DAS? Will it be on the app? (This trip will be our first time using it.)
DAS and ILL are two separate things. You could buy an ILL for ROTR and book a return time with DAS. That would allow you to ride Rise twice. With DAS, you would wait the posted standby time before returning to the LL line and scanning in with a CM.

DAS and ILL are two separate things. You could buy an ILL for ROTR and book a return time with DAS. That would allow you to ride Rise twice. With DAS, you would wait the posted standby time before returning to the LL line and scanning in with a CM.
Thanks for the explanation. When you get a DAS return time, is it an hour window like Lightning lanes, or do you return at a specific time?

If you want to ride it twice...you can do it twice with DAS and avoid having to pay for ILL.

Thanks for the explanation. When you get a DAS return time, is it an hour window like Lightning lanes, or do you return at a specific time?

With DAS, you don't get a window. You just get a return time. You can come back anytime after that. You can't book another DAS return time until you use the one you have booked (or cancel it.)

If you want to ride it twice...you can do it twice with DAS and avoid having to pay for ILL.

With DAS, you don't get a window. You just get a return time. You can come back anytime after that. You can't book another DAS return time until you use the one you have booked (or cancel it.)
Thanks so much!

I wish these types of threads would not be on the boards, I think it encourages abuse of the pass and begins inhibiting the usefulness for those who actually need it.

Where is anyone in this thread talking about abusing the pass?
Where did I say that people were directly talking about abusing the pass in this thread?

I said talk like this is what encourages pass abuse - like when it is said that you can go on RotR twice in a row with no need to pay for Genie+ or when you can go on Runaway Railway with no need to pay for Genie+, it starts the ball rolling with people who read here and are not necessarily honest thinking that they can get a disability pass rather than pay for Genie+. If the pass becomes more abused, people who actually need it may not be able to use it if Disney were to take it away because of the abuse. And if you say it doesn't happen, yes, it does because that is why they took away the previous GAC pass and implemented the DAS. My sister used to need the DAS when they visited and it was very much necessary for her in that part of her life, I would hate for people in a similar position to lose the opportunity because of abuse.

I agree that people abuse the pass.

But discussing the facts about how DAS works isn't, in any way, encouraging abuse. It's helpful for those of us who actually do need the pass and need to understand how it works.

And you most certainly can use DAS for the same ride, multiple times. (Though not right in a row, per se, since you need to wait still for your return time to come up.) I'm thankful for this as my son has his favorites he like to go on over and over.

They have actually changed the way DAS works now compared to a decade ago because the old way had a lot more abuse than the current system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter