I just bought our plane fare for Sept. Right now, Disney has us booked from Sept. 12-18. DH decided he can't take another day of work off (he IS a teacher, so he is only 3 weeks into the school year, I guess that does make sense ) We're taking the redeye flight out of CA. It arrives in Orlando at 6am, so I don't expect to be at Disney until 7am Sept 13th. We have 2 children... at the time they will be a just-turned-2 year old girl and a 1-month-away from being 6 year old. I am positive they will sleep on the plane, but we will still arrive in FL at 3am "our" time. My question... should cancel the hotel room for the 12th and start our reservation on the 13th instead? A CM at CRO told me that there is "no way" I could check in for a Sept 13th arrival before 3pm once I arrive. Not only would my room NOT be ready, he asserted, there was no way we could even pick up our tickets and go play in the parks while the room is being finished until that magical 3pm hour. He recommended holding on to our reservation for the 12th so we can have a room immediately upon checking in. I don't expect to be finished with check in at POP until 7:45am at least. So at 8am, most likely we'd try to head to a park, if we could. For those that have travelled with small children before... would you recommend keeping the hotel room starting on the 12th so we could go crash somewhere immediately and/or early afternoon when we are dead tired? The 2 year old will have a stroller she can sleep in during the day. She can sleep anywhere. I think my son will be too excited to take an afternoon nap and would rather have a super early bedtime. I hate to think the first thing we'd do after arriving in from the airport would be crawling into bed, but I'm trying to be realistic LOL. I KNOW we'll be exhausted. Also, is the CM wrong? In searching the DIS boards, I've found several people that have been allowed to check in before 3pm and have been given their park passes. If the CM is right, I imagine we'd head to Downtown Disney (can you get on the bus without showing proof of being a resort guest, since he said we won't have papers yet?) Or we would hang around the Pop resort and check everything out.... On the other hand, if we keep our ressies, then we will have another CS and TS meal on our plan, too. I think we will end up paying for one meal if we don't keep it, but it will not be the $95 an extra night costs. Also, if we don't keep the hotel room, we will almost have enough money to pay for the MNSHHP on Friday. I think I'm just rambling at this point, but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm asking and can offer suggestions/opinions. Thanks!